Sign in to follow this  
Blackburn Jamesy

Junior Hoilett

Word is up here that you guy are about to sign Hoilett. Congratulations if you do, he will be brilliant for you.

He was on the verge of moving to Germany when Chris Hughton stepped in.

[quote user="Blackburn Jamesy"]

Word is up here that you guy are about to sign Hoilett. Congratulations if you do, he will be brilliant for you.

[/quote]Has to be a wind up!

Latest articles in the last hour or so seem to mention Chelsea & Arsenal weghing up bids for him in the 10m region.

If we landed him it would have to go down as a coup.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Blackburn Jamesy"]

[/quote]Has to be a wind up![/quote]But if we did..........Anyway must stop dreaming.  Thought he was signing for QPR or Monchengladbach.  QPR fan trying to have us on?

[quote user="Blackburn Jamesy"]

[/quote]

May i just say you do not seem the slightest bit concerned at losing one of your top assets if you are serious about returning to the Premiership.

[quote user="Crispy"]Latest articles in the last hour or so seem to mention Chelsea & Arsenal weghing up bids for him in the 10m region.

If we landed him it would have to go down as a coup.[/quote]That was Nzonzi wasn''t it? Hoillet is completely out of contract now I think.

[quote user="Blackburn Jamesy"]Def not a QPR fan. If he goes for 10m I will be over the moon. I have heard 6m mentioned. I dont expect anything other than abuse. Have a good season guys[/quote]

I know he is under 24 so there would be compensation but that seems an awful lot for an out of contract player

There is no chance of him staying here. He has already been offered a great deal but has made it clear he wants to leave. He is friendly with Simeon Jackson which, I am led to believe, has helped him decide to head to Norwich

He''s an international team mate of Cinnamon - in article earlier this week Cinnamon mentioned how much he enjoyed playing with him.  So there could be some positive influence there.  Rather have him with us than agin us - he''s scored far too many goals agin us in recent years.  And as others have said out of contract so only the lower U24 compensation to pay if he decides to come to us.  It''s down to him I think.

I am told that a few clubs were in the mix. They have to either bid or risk a tribunal setting the fee. When the likes of Arsenal etc are sniffing around its easier to get a bid accepted and talk contracts

There is more chance of Wiz being wheeled out and unveiled as the new star striker I''m afraid. Clearly a wind up

Not going to happen. Would want too much wage wise and there are clubs who could offer him more around.

Hmm, just visited most of the Blackburn message boards and there is not even a whisper of this - last time Hoillet was mentioned on any of them was last Saturday with the link to Germany - transfer fee of £750K only being mentioned so if true would be a bargain but salary is the stumbling block.

Would love him here, but that''ll be ANOTHER midfielder!

AJ we need a winger, and we haven''t actually signed Snodgrass. I''d choice Hoilett over Snoddy every time.

Has there been some announcement about his wages I have missed? Not that i''ve looked, but personally haven''t seen anything about what he''s on. But I doubt it was earth shattering at Blackburn, especially as he''s fairly young, and he wasn''t exactly very high profile before this season?

The ''stumbling block'' for me, would be a bigger team after him, I would have thought someone like Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton would be after him. He''s on a free (well compo because of his age) and he isn''t going to be on extremely high wages.

[quote user="shefcanary"]He''s an international team mate of Cinnamon - in article earlier this week Cinnamon mentioned how much he enjoyed playing with him.  So there could be some positive influence there.  Rather have him with us than agin us - he''s scored far too many goals agin us in recent years.  And as others have said out of contract so only the lower U24 compensation to pay if he decides to come to us.  It''s down to him I think.[/quote]

Not true, as far as I can see he has never played for Canada, has said he would rather play for England one day.....So I doubt he even knows Simeon

Both from towns south of Toronto (looking on Google maps they are right next to each other), both have parents from Jamaica, I reckon they probably know each other.

Thought it had been a while since we had heard from BW, no alliteration in this username though- he must be changing up his style!!

He would have to love Simeon Jackson an awful lot to give up a move to QPR with big signing fee and wages which would be likely to be 2 or 3 times what we can offer him.

Don''t see it - almost certainly a wind-up.

[quote user="Hog"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]He''s an international team mate of Cinnamon - in article earlier this week Cinnamon mentioned how much he enjoyed playing with him.  So there could be some positive influence there.  Rather have him with us than agin us - he''s scored far too many goals agin us in recent years.  And as others have said out of contract so only the lower U24 compensation to pay if he decides to come to us.  It''s down to him I think.[/quote]

Not true, as far as I can see he has never played for Canada, has said he would rather play for England one day.....So I doubt he even knows Simeon

[/quote]

Okay but the interview with Cinnamon on this web-site earlier this week implies a close relatinoship with Hoillet (see below) 

Jackson believes Canadian football is definitely on the up at home and abroad through not only his exploits, but those of Blackburn’s Junior Hoilett, who impressed in both Premier League games against Norwich last season.

“I think it is important for myself and Junior and those in other countries to boost Canadian soccer as well as doing well on the international level,” he said.

[quote user="Hog"]There is more chance of Wiz being wheeled out and unveiled as the new star striker [/quote]

You mean Wiz isnt? [:O]

Bugger! [:''(]

[quote user="davenjosh city till we die"]Just joined qpr anyway![/quote]

Seems to be the case. A great pity they survived the drop , they will be a different prospect this season.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="davenjosh city till we die"]Just joined qpr anyway![/quote]

Seems to be the case. A great pity they survived the drop , they will be a different prospect this season.[/quote]

No worries, Mark Hughes will fu*k it up somewhere down the line - always does.