Sign in to follow this  
October

so, Celtic away

I''ll be there.Have got train and hotel booked. Will get match ticket when I pop into the city in a couple of days. (I hate paying that damned booking fee!)

Hope to get there for early afternoon on the day of the game, just need to find a good pub now!

I was going but have had to cancel because of the date change, I know quite a few others who have had to do the same, hopefully the reverse will have happened to some others so we can get a good crowd up there.

Heads up for those going. The Football Ground Guide etc recommend Dalmarnock as the closest train station to Celtic Park. However this station is closed for most of this year, so the nearest is now Bridgeton (4-5 minute jouney from Glasgow Central).

Was lucky to be able to rejig my travel arrangements without too much trouble after the date change, should be a great night.

There''s a good group of us heading up on the official Capital Canaries trip, also a few who I know heading up to Scotland for a little longer break.

We are going - taking my two boys, but driving up so we can stop when we like and I can have a fag when I like.

Got my tickets, plus a lad a work going too, hopeing there will be a few as will create a good atmosphere, I heard Celtic season ticket holders get the game for free.

Is anyone brave enough to do it on the official coaches? Departing at 7am for a 7.45pm kick off, sounds utterly horrific. Would love it if someone did some kind of liveblog of the experience so I can live vicariously through it though. Schadenfreude.

Flying to Glasgow in the afternoon and sleeper train to London after the game.

something Steve Whittaker would not have been saying had he stayed at Rangers

Couple of us are going on the coaches, don''t really see what is so horrific, we went to Milan and Munich by coach whilst in Europe!!

Its not as if we are strapped in and not allowed to move (cue people saying we should!!) plus a journey of approx 380 miles is not going to take 12 hours is it?

After coming back from holiday it is also the most cost effective, we wanted to go and could not afford the overnight option.

Fair enough 52canary, as you might surmise coach travel is not really my cup of tea but hope the journey is plain sailing for you!

Having been brought up not too far away from Parkhead, I can advise that the area around the ground is, shall we say, a little run down. If you want to experience a real, traditional Glasgow drinking den then fair enough, but.....

From memory a First Group service 43, 61 or 62 from the centre of Glasgow is probably the easiest way to get to the ground, as there are no rail stations particularly close by, although it''s less than 2 miles from the city centre to the ground. As for pubs, there are plenty good ones in the middle of Glasgow around or close by to George Square.

I wouldn''t normally go to a friendly, but this is too good a chance to miss (only a 60 mile journey from Perth). Me and the young lad will be in the Weatherspoons pub on George Square (Counting House - another ex bank) from about 4.15 onwards - shouldn''t be too hard to spot in our norwich tops.

Hope everyone enjoys the trip.

[quote user="starfish"]

Having been brought up not too far away from Parkhead, I can advise that the area around the ground is, shall we say, a little run down. If you want to experience a real, traditional Glasgow drinking den then fair enough, but.....

From memory a First Group service 43, 61 or 62 from the centre of Glasgow is probably the easiest way to get to the ground, as there are no rail stations particularly close by, although it''s less than 2 miles from the city centre to the ground. As for pubs, there are plenty good ones in the middle of Glasgow around or close by to George Square.

I wouldn''t normally go to a friendly, but this is too good a chance to miss (only a 60 mile journey from Perth). Me and the young lad will be in the Weatherspoons pub on George Square (Counting House - another ex bank) from about 4.15 onwards - shouldn''t be too hard to spot in our norwich tops.

Hope everyone enjoys the trip.

[/quote]

One of my ex-wives lives in Callander!   (I''ve had a lot of wives - but only two were mine!!!) I lived in Stirling for some years.   Beautiful part of the country but we can''t live on scenery so the affluent south beckoned.

I''ve just booked everything - flying from Luton (cheaper than driving) and staying near the City Centre (Travelodge) so I''ll make a point of looking in at Weatherspoons!

less tyhan 500 there guarenteed...there wasnt a Celtic "Love in" they just bought lots of noisy fans down here and people got a bit carried away....wonder how many tickets they have sold or if they even give a sh*t?

I don''t care how many are there or aren''t there.   As long as I am there is all that matters and I''m just going for the hell of it and fun!   It''s a good excuse to go to Glasgow for a couple of days and I''d rather go up to this event than any of the Olympics which will be absolute mayhem

A scouser going to Glasgow to watch Norwich - ******* Mad innit?   Life is so much more fun when you''re a bit of a nutter!!!

I''m going! Cant wait. My first game in Scotland. After the Drury Testemonial its a must for me.

Thought I would make a weekend of it, so going for four nights. Phoned the Ticket office today, they said to buy my ticket at Celtic park ???    So that''s the plan, although I always feel better with a ticket in my hand before I travel. 

For anyone else going this weekend - The Glasgow show is on Saturday and Sunday- on Glasgow green, which looks good for adults and kids alike.

I hope there''s a good turn out but game should have been on a Saturday, better for most fans for work etc -- and its a long way to go.

Not to mention the date change hassle.

I got a pair of tickets yesterday, bloke in box office said they expect around 1200 to be there

[quote user="October"]

Where is everyone drinking before game, will there be a "Norwich pub"?

[/quote]I should think the whole of Glasgow will be a Norwich pub.Wear some colours and you''ll probably get most of your drinks bought for you...

Really looking forward to this one. Even the long drive up there from Norfolk doesn''t bother me as we can stop when we like and I can have a fag when I like!! My boys have told me that they are going to spend the journey warming up their vocal chords practising all the chants and songs for the night!!.