Sign in to follow this  
jackryan007

Premier League Years 2011 - 2012 (Sky Sports)

Just watched the above on Sky Sports earlier today for the first time. I was looking forward to seeing lots of highlights of Norwich as they had had such a fantastic season! What a joke, I saw us beaten by Man City twice, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal, the only goals / wins from Norwich was Bolton away, QPR away (only because Warnock got sacked after the game), Spurs away and Arsenal away (Morison''s goal).

Surely we desreved more credit than that or do Sky favour the ''Big 6'' and forget the others! Be interested in your thoughts????

Yeah watched it Friday and thought the same, lame effort (he says with the tinted glasses on)

To put this into fair perspective - how many games did those around us get shown?As a club finishing mid-table we avoided the big focus zones of the title race and relegation battle, and if truth be told - most people don''t care too much about watching mid-table clubs.If teams like Fulham, Swansea, Stoke, WBA and Sunderland got significantly more ''air'' time than we did then I see your point, otherwise we got the same as those around us and can''t really complain.If we want more footage we need to be challenging for Europe or looking to escape the drop, and I''ll take less footage and safety everytime...

[quote user="Twitchy"]Yeah watched it Friday and thought the same, lame effort (he says with the tinted glasses on)[/quote]As you suggest, think about it from a neutrals perspective. Do you remember the 2011/2012 season for a thrilling title race? For a tense champions league race? For the relegation battle? Or for the likes of Norwich, Stoke and Swansea achieving mid-table....

To be fair to them. They have to condense 380 matches into a 2 hour show. I think they do a pretty good job to be honest.

You make a fair point, I was not expecting a Norwich City show, but why show us constantly getting beaten. What about Newcastle at home, Liverpool away etc!

[quote user="jackryan007"]You make a fair point, I was not expecting a Norwich City show, but why show us constantly getting beaten. What about Newcastle at home, Liverpool away etc![/quote]Reading your original post, our featured games consisted of 3 wins, 1 draw, and 5 defeats - So not exactly that one sided? And it is no coincidence that the vast majority of those games were us playing the title contenders and relegation candidates.