Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Tweeted David McNally 8 times...

...over the last two weeks. I sent the same tweet each time asking him whether we received any compensation at all for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa as a group, or individually.

He didn''t respond.

Whilst I think the man has been good for us overall, what a lack of basic business knowledge he has shown here. Utterly stupid and quite embarrassing to let our best ever manager and his team walk out the door without receiving a penny, yet we have to pay Birmingham over £2m for Chris Hughton et al. Laughable.

David McNally responds to fans on Twitter all the time. He has been known to respond to issues that are usually kept behind closed doors, so I see no reason why he wouldn''t respond to my tweets, other than the fact that he knew he''d messed up so didn''t want to acknowledge it, especially on a site like Twitter, which would make his mistake public.

McNally, at the time of me typing this, has 11,782 followers. I sent the same tweet 8 times. I think he would have seen it. After all, I sent a message to someone on Twitter this morning with over 67,000 followers and received a reply.

Pretty awful business from our CEO.

Perhaps he''s not allowed to talk about it on a  public forum like Twitter?

Maybe you should email old Neil Doncaster? He always had time for the fans! Bring him back, I say.

He''s not obliged to reply to you just because you sent him a tweet 8 times you know.  Perhaps he can''t comment on it at the moment because it''s still in the hands of the lawyers...just a thought!

I wouldn''t put up with that if I were you mate. Mr NcNally is obviously not up to the job.

Why not complain in the most strongest possible terms to our Chairman.

Just saying, for a man that seems so harsh, firm and who gets what he wants, he''s f****d up massively. Bit embarrassing for him, and us.

You mean....he''d rather get on with running a football club than twittering to you? Shame on him!.....McNALLY OUT! [:@][:@][:@]

"Bit embarrassing for him, and us"

Your OP and that you are supposedly a City fan

Yes, if we don''t and haven''t actually got any compensation then it will be a bit of a mistake on our part. Equally, I would rather wait until that''s confirmed one way or the other before having a little blub about it.

Also, I imagine that as Lambert was on a 12-month rolling contract it would never have been that much anyway.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Just saying, for a man that seems so harsh, firm and who gets what he wants, he''s f****d up massively. Bit embarrassing for him, and us.[/quote]

Grow up! You don''t know what the facts are. Why don''t you select one of the sciences, pick up a book from the library and actually learn something so that you begin to understand the difference between knowledge and childishness.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Just saying, for a man that seems so harsh, firm and who gets what he wants, he''s f****d up massively. Bit embarrassing for him, and us.[/quote]

There is no way you can know that. Seeing as no one on this message board has any idea what was written in any of Lambert, Culverhouse or Karsa''s contract you have no idea if Norwich are even entitled to compensation. As has been said I would imagine the whole issue will get dragged through some tribunal as it did when Norwich poached Lambert from Colchester.

I''m please that McNally is sending messages on a public forum over such sensitive information - why don''t you just grow up a bit and realise just because you asked him doesn''t mean he will answer you. McNally isn''t telling people when the new away kit will be launched or it''s colour so he''s barely going to go into the details of staff contracts is he?

Maybe just maybe he is busy trying to sign a player or two?! Plus there is the away kit launch not to mention probably getting 11,000 tweets! I should think we will all have the answer once the transfer window closes but for now id rather he was signing players than replying to your tweets to be honest.

So sorry to hear that Row D Seat 7. That''s truely abhorrent conduct on McNally''s part.

I''d suggest emailing the club. Preferably the board. Cc Joe Ferrari. And the EDP. And possibly your local MP.

Maybe take it to the nationals. Or ring Talksport.

I would tell you to get a PR Rep involved, see if you can sell your story. Only problem is it''s online now, so it''s not really going to be much of a ''scoop''.

I''m livid about this.

Not just your treatment but the realisation we PAID for our new manager. Outrageous. Surely we should have gone for a free agent.. Paul Ince? Paul Peschisolido? Roy Keane? Nigel Worthington?

If I had a season ticket, I''d rip it up and throw it in McNally''s face for this.

I tweeted to one of my mates the other day and he replied eventually. Why not McNally?

Again, my sincerest and deepest sympathies. Hope you''ll get over this trauma. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this dark time.

He did already confirm we got compo for Cully and Karsa.

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

In response to a number of questions from supporters, I can confirm that compensation was agreed between the two clubs for Ian and Gary.

If someone tweeted me 8 times I''d think they were a bit of a stalker. Why should he respond on a public forum - why are you so het up about it - are you due a cut of the compo?

Lambo has gone - time to move on

Give it a break and look forward to the new season

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]...over the last two weeks. I sent the same tweet each time asking him whether we received any compensation at all for Lambert, Culverhouse and Karsa as a group, or individually.

He didn''t respond.

Whilst I think the man has been good for us overall, what a lack of basic business knowledge he has shown here. Utterly stupid and quite embarrassing to let our best ever manager and his team walk out the door without receiving a penny, yet we have to pay Birmingham over £2m for Chris Hughton et al. Laughable.

David McNally responds to fans on Twitter all the time. He has been known to respond to issues that are usually kept behind closed doors, so I see no reason why he wouldn''t respond to my tweets, other than the fact that he knew he''d messed up so didn''t want to acknowledge it, especially on a site like Twitter, which would make his mistake public.

McNally, at the time of me typing this, has 11,782 followers. I sent the same tweet 8 times. I think he would have seen it. After all, I sent a message to someone on Twitter this morning with over 67,000 followers and received a reply.

Pretty awful business from our CEO.[/quote]

Are you sure of your figure for CH? Does the compensation also include his team? I would ave thought that managers rceive less per year than players. Two million is roughly 40,000 a week!

We should have received something for C & K, because they were certainly not sacked, even if Lambert''s walk-oput could be described as sacking.

I would guess that things are rumbling on, or perhaps they have been resolved and neither side wishes to reveal the result of discussions. It remains to be seen whether such payments are somehow hidden in the annual accounts, or whether we shall know then in some detail. I do find it strange that McN has not replied, if only to say that things are ongoing, but he is rather busy at the moment!

[quote user="mrdi"]So sorry to hear that Row D Seat 7. That''s truely abhorrent conduct on McNally''s part. I''d suggest emailing the club. Preferably the board. Cc Joe Ferrari. And the EDP. And possibly your local MP. Maybe take it to the nationals. Or ring Talksport. I would tell you to get a PR Rep involved, see if you can sell your story. Only problem is it''s online now, so it''s not really going to be much of a ''scoop''. I''m livid about this. Not just your treatment but the realisation we PAID for our new manager. Outrageous. Surely we should have gone for a free agent.. Paul Ince? Paul Peschisolido? Roy Keane? Nigel Worthington? If I had a season ticket, I''d rip it up and throw it in McNally''s face for this. I tweeted to one of my mates the other day and he replied eventually. Why not McNally? Again, my sincerest and deepest sympathies. Hope you''ll get over this trauma. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this dark time.[/quote]

Obvious binner etc

Perhaps telling the whole world whether or not we got anything isn''t a good idea. Have the club stated that there was no compensation paid? Or are you just assuming? Let me guess.... You know a guy....

So do tell, barclay seats 48/49. Why the binner accusation? I''ve been called a lot of things in my time but never that. I have to admit, it''s kind of ruined my afternoon.

Speak to me.

[quote user="mrdi"]So do tell, barclay seats 48/49. Why the binner accusation? I''ve been called a lot of things in my time but never that. I have to admit, it''s kind of ruined my afternoon. Speak to me.[/quote]

Favourite games again ?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"] McNally isn''t telling people when the new away kit will be launched or it''s colour so he''s barely going to go into the details of staff contracts is he?[/quote]

I think you will find that you have to have a meeting with Mr.Bowkett to discuss staff contracts.[;)]

We got compensation for Karsa and Culverhouse. So that is part of your argument out of the window already. The situation with Lambert is clearly ongoing. Once there is news I am sure we will get it. But why is he going to devulge information which probably has to be confidential right now for legal reasons.

You criticise McNally and saying he has no business sense. So please divulge to me who spotted Lambert in the first place, ruthlessly pursued him and subsequently appointed him. Who came to an argeement with Axa and our other creditors to avoid adminstration. Oh yeah, it was McNally.

you''ve been had Jacko

the original post was a parody of the kind of idiotic old tosh we get from some of the halfwitted who have attached themselves to our club

(perhaps it was a bit too accurate a parody)

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Or anybody else''s judging by previous posts[/quote]

If that was a reply to me, then no. I don''t.

It may still be ongoing, it may not be. To be honest i''m slightly beyond caring now. If we get some compo then great. If we don''t then yes there has been a c**k up somewhere along the line and maybe someone should hold their hands up but if it its turns out to be McNally''s fault he has still done a great job over the last 3 years and on balance all of the good work he has done far outweighs one mistake. I can''t believe we would have got that much compo for Lambert anyway given his one year deal. I note that Hughton is on a 3 year contract so it appears we have changed tack.

Couldnt agree more with the OP

McNally is useless - what happened to that fantastic Neil Doncaster chap we had, he was brilliant always responding to fans emails directly instead of wasting time negotiating contracts for players and sorting out the financial needs of the club.

To see the extent of his loss to this club you only need to look at the wonderful job he has done in taking the SPL from strenght to strength

McNally out ;)

Maybe I am placing too much faith in McNally here but I also think that if the opportunity to offer Lambert a long term deal had arisen he would have done so straight away. You have to remember Lambert is a very ambitious man. I think he preferred living on the edge and having a shorter term deal because it allowed him to explore options at other clubs more easily.