Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Norwich Themed Wedding

I''m getting married in six weeks, and our theme is Norwich, and Harlequins as my future wife is a big rugby fan.

Our tables are named after NCFC and Quin players.

Which five NCFC players would you have?

I''ve gone for the:-

Grant Holt Table

Darren Huckerby Table

Iwan Roberts

Jeremy Goss

Bryan Gunn

Since i''ve been City fan, these have given most to our club. Who would you have?

As a wedding is a celebration, I would have each table based on a famous celebration year in Norwich history, with photos/items etc. from that year.

So you would have the ''85 table with photos of the milk cup final, civic reception etc.

Then the ''93-94 European cup run - images of glossy etc.

''03-''04 Prem promotion campaign - Huckerby & co

''10-''11 Promotion campaign - Holt/Jacksons goal etc.

1959 Cup run - when we were division 3 south team getting to semi''s

You could have a piece of text about each year explaining what happened, and the significance at the time

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Glossy?! :) I must''ve had photographs in my head then![/quote]

I thought our chinese poster robin gunningham was back for a minute. [:''(]

We done this for our wedding last year. We had... hucks, holty,bowen, gunny, sutton, fleck. Why? well I had a short list of favourite players from my time supporting city and these were the ones I could find decent pictures of. We had a framed photo of the player and the players name instead of table numbers on each table. If you do that try e bay and archant for pictures.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

I''m getting married in six weeks, and our theme is Norwich, and Harlequins as my future wife is a big rugby fan.

[/quote]Congratulations on your marriage, I hope your day goes well.

At a slight tangent, I''d have tables for five Norwich City managers, rather than players.  This symbolises marriage much better, in my view**:1 The Paul Lambert table - where it''s a match made in heaven, you''re blissfully happy for about three years or so.2 The Nigel Worthington table - where after that promising first few years, things start getting rather dull and dreary.3 The Gary Megson table - this symbolises the point where you start wondering where all the money''s gone and why things seem to have been sold from under your nose.4 The Martin O''Neill table - where she finally f*cks off elsewhere, claiming you lack ambition and she can do better elsewhere.5 Finally, the Mike Walker table - when you both decide to give it another go, before realising about a year later that actually you shouldn''t have bothered.

** if you''re reading this, love you, honey xxx

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

[/quote]

Congratulations on your marriage, I hope your day goes well.

At a slight tangent, I''d have tables for five Norwich City managers, rather than players.  This symbolises marriage much better, in my view**:

1 The Paul Lambert table - where it''s a match made in heaven, you''re blissfully happy for about three years or so.

2 The Nigel Worthington table - where after that promising first few years, things start getting rather dull and dreary.

3 The Gary Megson table - this symbolises the point where you start wondering where all the money''s gone and why things seem to have been sold from under your nose.

4 The Martin O''Neill table - where she finally f*cks off elsewhere, claiming you lack ambition and she can do better elsewhere.

5 Finally, the Mike Walker table - when you both decide to give it another go, before realising about a year later that actually you shouldn''t have bothered.

[/quote]

Or the Glenn Roeder table, where you tiptoe around the house hoping not to bump into each other.

Loved that Mr Chops!

How about a Roeder table, where everything looks great until the ring is on their finger, and then you wished you''d made a pre-nup.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Loved that Mr Chops!

How about a Roeder table, where everything looks great until the ring is on their finger, and then you wished you''d made a pre-nup.

[/quote]

What about the  LOL Morgan table - should be good for a laugh ........................

Thanks for the suggestions.

I like Mr Chops post very much.

We are not having OTBC, but its slightly footBALL related.

Our invites were football ticket style with a cut off stubs for the RSVP.

Cake has one tier as football and another as rugby ball

I''ll try and post pictures after the event

[/quote]

Congratulations on your marriage, I hope your day goes well.

At a slight tangent, I''d have tables for five Norwich City managers, rather than players.  This symbolises marriage much better, in my view**:

1 The Paul Lambert table - where it''s a match made in heaven, you''re blissfully happy for about three years or so.

2 The Nigel Worthington table - where after that promising first few years, things start getting rather dull and dreary.

3 The Gary Megson table - this symbolises the point where you start wondering where all the money''s gone and why things seem to have been sold from under your nose.

4 The Martin O''Neill table - where she finally f*cks off elsewhere, claiming you lack ambition and she can do better elsewhere.

5 Finally, the Mike Walker table - when you both decide to give it another go, before realising about a year later that actually you shouldn''t have bothered.

[/quote]

I''d also include the ''Ron Saunders'' table whereby you''re physically sick because of the bodilyl exertion that is expected of you. And I''m not talking about running upn St Jame''s Hill.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

And don''t forget the wedding night.....

Get your hands around the milk cup then go down.

[/quote]

As in relegated to League 1 or 2?

[quote user="Canary1902"]Have a Glenn Roeder table. And stick all the family on it that you don''t really want there, but had to invite[/quote]
No, the Glenn Roeder table is better filled by loaning someone else''s family for the day.
Good luck with the wedding day and future marriage btw.

[/quote]Congratulations on your marriage, I hope your day goes well.

At a slight tangent, I''d have tables for five Norwich City managers, rather than players.  This symbolises marriage much better, in my view**:1 The Paul Lambert table - where it''s a match made in heaven, you''re blissfully happy for about three years or so.2 The Nigel Worthington table - where after that promising first few years, things start getting rather dull and dreary.3 The Gary Megson table - this symbolises the point where you start wondering where all the money''s gone and why things seem to have been sold from under your nose.4 The Martin O''Neill table - where she finally f*cks off elsewhere, claiming you lack ambition and she can do better elsewhere.5 Finally, the Mike Walker table - when you both decide to give it another go, before realising about a year later that actually you shouldn''t have bothered.

** if you''re reading this, love you, honey xxx[/quote]

Would those on table 1 be assuring the happy couple they will stay until the end and then leave early for a bigger club themed wedding up the road ?