Sign in to follow this  
Canary1902

Whitbread signs for Leicester

Shame to see him go, but I think Ayala and Bennett will become prize assets for the club. Defence still needs strengthening a lot though, as Whitbread was definitely one of our best defenders last year, and with Naughton gone as well I''m still worried at the moment!

True. Naughton, Zak and Ads gone and only Whittaker stepping in. Could really do with another defender before the window slams

Good luck to Zak, but this tells it''s own story tbh.The fact that no other premiership club made a move for him shows they have their own concerns, most likely over fitness as his ability certainly wasn''t an issue.If he stays fit then Leicester have made a great signing, but that''s the big question and clearly we weren''t willing to take the risk.

Good luck Zak, very sorry to see you go. I''ll be fuming if we don''t get a good replacement in!!! But there''s still time...

spot on Indy

it clearly wasn''t a case of him letting his contract run down so he could move immediately to another club

can''t see the panic about defenders (though I can from certain folk), we have the money ... heaps of it, there is still plenty of time and I would expect the club to use that time wisely

one last point - Whitbread''s departure has again demonstrated that we are not losing players to ''bigger clubs''. McNally has always stated that, so maybe some of the whingers and whiners might wish to trust him when he says there is money available and when Hughton further adds that he expects most transfer business to be done close to the transfer deadline

unless said whingers and whiners have another agenda

Yep, good luck to the man. I genuinely thought he was worth a starting spot this coming season but what do I know?

At least the Norfolk constabulary can go back to actually fining him for speeding now

Yes best of luck to him, Leicester have signed a quality player, and one that we should have kept regardless of possible injury concerns. One of the great man''s few mistakes was releasing Zak!

"possible injury concerns"

possible !

rather like George Best''s possible alcohol concerns

Take a look at the squad on 1st Sept and then judge whetehr the replacement was better than a championship defender