Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers news for 2012/13

Greetings PUPs. Rays funds will be up and running again for the new season and we start with the fixtures for August 18th. As with last season we shall have to fund this ourselves but we have got £145 carried over to start us off. So I will be asking those of us who can afford it to pledge another tenner to our kitty. This can be via paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com or any other arrangement that will work. canaryeddie@aol.com is the best way of contacting me to sort it.

But it''s not pay-to-play. Rays funds is open to everyone and we hope for some new PUPs this season as there are every season.

The Fab40 from last season will make up the rota for the final selections and I''ll be working the first month out next week.

Now if youre reading this and wondering what its all about Ill explain. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For FONCY Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used to be sponsored but for the first time last season it was financed by the PUPs themselves. However there is no requirement to pay to play. Those of us who are in a position to stump up a tenner will fund it.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 32 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1655 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

I didn''t make the top 40 did I?

And I strongly encourage everyone on this message board to take part, it''s the best thread on here, always friendly and for a worthwhile cause! (as long as your a Norwich fan, I don''t suppose non Norwich fans are too bothered about our academy...)

Great news Nutty, I''ll make sure I transfer some money as soon as possible.  Can''t wait to see the picks for this season, and hopefully many new faces joining in.

For about half the season my work internet browser prevented me from logging in to the site and for some reason my password at home did not work! Even though i''d requested it from the site! However hopefully i can participate fully this season.

Instead of donating "winnings" to a multi million pound academy that it would be a drop in the ocean to, why not give it to YOUR favourite charity, who could really use it.

Just a thought and NOT meant to be contentious and I am sure most would agree.[:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I didn''t make the top 40 did I? And I strongly encourage everyone on this message board to take part, it''s the best thread on here, always friendly and for a worthwhile cause! (as long as your a Norwich fan, I don''t suppose non Norwich fans are too bothered about our academy...)[/quote]

Keep the faith Gingerpele, I was outside the Fab 40 before the start of last season but still got a call up from the bench [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Instead of donating "winnings" to a multi million pound academy that it would be a drop in the ocean to, why not give it to YOUR favourite charity, who could really use it.

Just a thought and NOT meant to be contentious and I am sure most would agree.[:D]

[/quote]

It was reported the other day that Category 1 Academy status will cost £2.3 million pa to run. That may seem reasonable whilst we''re in the Premier League ........

On second thoughts, let''s not think about the alternative!

Don''t suppose squad number 96 will be required? never mind we all have our own fun in our own way. This year I''m out to beat Leeds Canary who I think had the biggest odds winner during last season (Blackburn to beat Wolves at Wolves I think? odds of around 5/1 if I recall correctly)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings PUPs. Rays funds will be up and running again for the new season and we start with the fixtures for August 18th. As with last season we shall have to fund this ourselves but we have got £145 carried over to start us off. So I will be asking those of us who can afford it to pledge another tenner to our kitty. This can be via paypal to canaryeddie@aol.com or any other arrangement that will work. canaryeddie@aol.com is the best way of contacting me to sort it.

But it''s not pay-to-play. Rays funds is open to everyone and we hope for some new PUPs this season as there are every season.

The Fab40 from last season will make up the rota for the final selections and I''ll be working the first month out next week.

Now if youre reading this and wondering what its all about Ill explain. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds For FONCY Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used to be sponsored but for the first time last season it was financed by the PUPs themselves. However there is no requirement to pay to play. Those of us who are in a position to stump up a tenner will fund it.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 32 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1655 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,2, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1655 for the Academy,so far.

[/quote]

Bump.

This sounds like a great idea, everyone pulling together to try and raise some cash for a common cause we all believe in. It might not be big numbers but at least we can sort of contribute. I''ll happily join in.

The Butler appears to be advocating that we donate the money to a favourite charity, well, that sounds like a great idea too. May I be the first to say that instead of donating an amount to this thread, I''ll double it and contribute the other half to........this thread. Because NCFC has to be the best cause I can think of, especially on this forum.