Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Massive Seethe on WACCOE

I have just spent an enjoyable hour reading the Snodgrass transfer thread on WACCOE. They are a funny old lot up at that there Leeds. If you thought the 1p5wich posters on TWTD were living on past glories then WACCOE puts them to shame.Leeds were a big club when I was a boy in the 60''s but the days of Bremner, Lorimer, Johnny Giles etc are long gone. It''s hard to accept that you are not big anymore and it must be right galling when "Little" Norwich swoop down and nick your best players season after season. The facts are that Premiership clubs with their £50 million (soon to be £65 million) a season hand out from Sky are living in an entirely different world to those former greats who have to get by on a few measly quid in the Championship.Sorry Leeds fans but any of your decent players are going to be tempted when the bigger clubs of the day come calling. With your new signings of Adam Drury, Andy Gray and Jamie Ashdown you are now just the final resting place where has beens can see out their declining years. The only place you remain big is in those old sepia photographs and in the fading memories of your older fans.Thanks for Johnson and Howson, they played a big part in our fine season last year and if Snoddy can make the step up in class we will be more than pleased. Thanks again for all your efforts in developing talent for us. The £2 million cheque is in the post and and there''s a lot more where that came from so we''ll be in touch again soon.Many Thanks from a Grateful Canary xxx

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract wrote: "Has anyone got a log in for WACCOE? Apparently only registered users can look at the posts."

Its easy, only takes a couple of minutes.  Worth a look for a laugh.    Makes you appreciate what we''ve got at Norwich!    A successful, sustainable club, on and off the field - and a better message board...................

I don''t temember a single peep from the whippet munching, lard wearing, half pint drinking northern monkees when they were borrowing way beyond their means hoping to reap the rewards of European success/money

if you live by the sword then so shall you die by the sword

as with Ranger, Pompey and the paupers

don''t come crying to us because you gambled and lost

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Has anyone got a log in for WACCOE? Apparently only registered users can look at the posts.[/quote]Yes I''m registered just for the fun of reading their regular seethes.The Snoddy to Norwich is a classic but the TOMA (take over, my arse) is even better.Deluded fools, but you can''t help but shed a tearLOL

I detect a certain schadenfreude amongst Canaries here. Remember we were down there and could easily be back there again one day, so try not to get too carried away with mocking the misfortunes of others.

The fact of the matter is that Leeds have disenchanted fanbase with attendances dwindling by the year. Elland Road is an increasing ageing and tired stadium which they don''t own. They also don''t own Thorpe Arch the training ground either. They have shown no ambition to kick on since being in the Championship unlike us and have failed to hold onto their better players. What motivation is there for a player to stay?

They are relying on a takeover to save them. But if you are a Leeds fan reading this ask yourself. Would there be any way Leeds would even discuss selling their best player and captain when the club is meant to be on the cusp of a takeover. I think it shows either the takeover is not happening, never was, or the new owners are of as limited means as the current lot.

Relying on past glories after a while becomes very tedious and only serves to magnify how badly you are getting things wrong in the present day. Its actually what makes people who still bang on about England''s 1966 World Cup triumph incredibly nauseating.

Best so far

"Mate its not the ''star'' players who leave that bothers me, its where they want to go!!!

Norwich fcu king City!

That''s what numbs me to my core! Look at what we''ve become! Just fucking look at us!!!"

this one wines for me

Fuck you TOMA for persuading me, against my better judgement, to ''dare to dream''...

To dare to think that the ragtag bunch of nobodies we have signed this summer was just the squad-filler prelude to the marquee signings that would spur us on.

To dare to think the pathetic meek loser-talk apologist of a club had shrugged off its battered wife Stockholm Syndrome and was going to grow some balls, that''d we''d live a little and find a bit of that old swagger we once had in the fading photos that seem a lifetime away.

To dare to think we could stop being the mangy stinky cowed mongrel of the kennel and that we could start to run with the big dogs again, when we''re really still Norwich''s feeder club bitch, and really when all is said and done that''s a pathetic thing to be. top dog? not even close. more like being bummed by a poodle

pathetic.

we also nicked your title in 2010

remind us how many pints you were ahead of us ..... and how many you finished behind us

we also nicked your promotion place in 2011

WACCOL

We are clever,collecting off Leeds

[quote user="H4H"]

this one wines for me

Fuck you TOMA for persuading me, against my better judgement, to ''dare to dream''...

To dare to think that the ragtag bunch of nobodies we have signed this summer was just the squad-filler prelude to the marquee signings that would spur us on.

To dare to think the pathetic meek loser-talk apologist of a club had shrugged off its battered wife Stockholm Syndrome and was going to grow some balls, that''d we''d live a little and find a bit of that old swagger we once had in the fading photos that seem a lifetime away.

To dare to think we could stop being the mangy stinky cowed mongrel of the kennel and that we could start to run with the big dogs again, when we''re really still Norwich''s feeder club bitch, and really when all is said and done that''s a pathetic thing to be. top dog? not even close. more like being bummed by a poodle

pathetic.

[/quote]

There is quite an artistic quality to this guys post. And also a seemingly realistic perspective of where Leeds currently are, the guy has a rare talent in relation to most on this particular forum.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I detect a certain schadenfreude amongst Canaries here. Remember we were down there and could easily be back there again one day, so try not to get too carried away with mocking the misfortunes of others.[/quote]

This with bells on. Too many of our fans appear to be morphing into a yellow and green strain of the very same ''arrogant'' Leeds fans they''ve always chosen to sit in judgement of. A little humility please people, enjoy the ride but enough already with the gloating.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I detect a certain schadenfreude amongst Canaries here. Remember we were down there and could easily be back there again one day, so try not to get too carried away with mocking the misfortunes of others.[/quote]

And you will still find posters here (possibly in some cases those indulging in the schadenfreude) advocating for us the same "Let''s take a gamble and spend money we don''t have" policy that helped bring Leeds low.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

And you will still find posters here (possibly in some cases those indulging in the schadenfreude) advocating for us the same "Let''s take a gamble and spend money we don''t have" policy that helped bring Leeds low.

[/quote]Sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts Purple, we have had more than our share of bad times.Its been like a downhill racer for 3 yrs now with excitement at every turn. We will fall off one day but not just yet, please.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts Purple, we have had more than our share of bad times.

Its been like a downhill racer for 3 yrs now with excitement at every turn. We will fall off one day but not just yet, please.
[/quote]

Oh, I do, Ricardo. From joint 91st to 3rd to 67th to 12th and now to ??? I am not certainly complaining.

Actually felt a little sorry for them, until I started reading that.

It''s not so much the fact that they hate us, to be fair if a smaller club had knicked our 3 best players in the space of 12 months I''d be the same, it''s their over inflated view of their own club that makes it impossible to give them sympathy. Yeah, they had a sustained period of success, but they did it by spending money they didn''t have and have spent the last decade paying for it. They''re not the massive club they think they are, just look at their attendances, pathetic for such a ''big club''.

Hope the takeover falls through and they and Bates have many more happy years together.

Marching On Towardsleagueone

+1

Leeds are a great club and will have their time in the sun again what goes around comes around.

[quote user="Fromage Frais"][quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I detect a certain schadenfreude amongst Canaries here. Remember we were down there and could easily be back there again one day, so try not to get too carried away with mocking the misfortunes of others.[/quote] +1 Leeds are a great club and will have their time in the sun again what goes around comes around.[/quote]

No.  We could not easily be "down there" again.   And Leeds are no longer a great club. Much like Ipswich they have been badly run, over extended themselves financially and are "down there" for a reason.    Norwich on the other hand, having seen the writing on the wall, have managed to turn it around on and off the pitch and are now "up there"  as a result.     Having got "up there" we are being run properly and within our means.  This means we will be sustainable  for as long as we want.   If we ever give up our present strategy and throw money around like some other clubs, tthen we would deserve what we got. I don''t see that happening though.  There is common sense and a business plan in place. 

Leeds look to be up against it, still struggling from chasing the dream afew years ago.  Can they get up there again?   Only if they get someone with bottomless pockets.  If they do good luck to them, but it will only be another slippery slope........................

I wouldnt worry , because

when we pass them on the way up , they will be crying to come

back.....Im a local kid , supported Leeds all my life , I never wanted

to leave ......blah blah blahAnd when I say they I''m talking howson and snoddy........we will be in a different ball park then.Just two words for howson and snoddy.......tawio and woods

It''s such a shame, these Leeds folk have such a tenuous grip on reality. They still believe they are being taken over by Billionaires, poor saps.

This is class. For me this spirit still epitomises football, and the feeling of being a fan of a club, so much more than the hype and superficiality of ''Brand Prem''. Yes NCFC now has money and opportunity, and yes the club earned its way back up through hard work and good decisions, but Leeds is a massive club, does have a great history and they''re entitled to be seriously f***ed off.

We''re a club that has the stature to merit top flight football, regardless of what some of these other clubs'' fans think, but I do remember wondering how the likes of Wigan, Hull and Reading were ever in positions to be able to tempt players to them that we could never hope to sign at the time, despite the fact all of them were poorly supported lower league clubs for the whole of the 80s and into the 90s. The Premier League gave them that cash, and that kudos, when their real club pedigree ill-befitted it.

Again, that isn''t Norwich but when you''re a Leeds fan, bewildered at the utter inadequacy of how they''ve been run in the past ten years, it''s hard not to be bitter.

Bloody good to have Snodgrass though!

I found the ''tony mowbray'' thread on there a few years back hilarious ...is that still going?