Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Swansea being weakened ? Great News for us if true.

£15m in exchange for Allen is not being weakened. There is no way he is worth that sort of money. Crazy season is finally upon us.

£15m buys an awful lot of footballer in the shops us and Swansea shop in.

Yep as MrB says this is kinda bad as they can now find 4 new Allens to replace player that left and they dont lose really that much.

Dont know if I should be happy or sad that everyone is after Swansea players with big money moves and not ours, but in long term those big moves will benefit Swansea and give them leverage over other mid - down table teams.

Not surprised thought it was Liverpool to make the move ^^ mayby next season we really are front of them in end table as they keep spending huge ammounts on a players that really are not worth of that much.

However weakened Swansea are it will also benefit the other 18 clubs, so not of much concern to us

after all

Newcastle selling Carroll should have weakened them and strengthened Liverpool

This is not great news for us. They get 15m and they''ve already signed a few good''uns (Michu, de guzman)...

[quote user="87canary"]What happened to Liverpool not being able to buy any Swansea players for a year?[/quote]Good point.

[quote user="87canary"]What happened to Liverpool not being able to buy any Swansea players for a year?[/quote]£15 million is what happened. Every player has a price and 15million is too good an offer to refuse for Allen.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]What happened to Liverpool not being able to buy any Swansea players for a year?[/quote]

Good point.
[/quote]

Silly money talks, Swansea would be daft not to take 15m. People call it silly season but really it should just be called silly Liverpool. What is it with that club and p*ssing their cash up against the wall.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]What happened to Liverpool not being able to buy any Swansea players for a year?[/quote]Good point.[/quote]What I''ve heard is that if another club make a bid for any of the Swansea players than Liverpool are allowed to try and sign that player too, that''s not breaking the agreement.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="87canary"]What happened to Liverpool not being able to buy any Swansea players for a year?[/quote]Good point.[/quote]

Silly money talks, Swansea would be daft not to take 15m. People call it silly season but really it should just be called silly Liverpool. What is it with that club and p*ssing their cash up against the wall.

[/quote]I would happily take 15 mil right now for any one of our players!

He''s not worth £15m but it won''t be easy replacing both Allen & Sigurdsson in the midfield 3 as well as Caulker at the back

Leon Britton is neat, tidy & I can''t dispute how good he was last season but Allen was superb making things happen slightly further up the field but also keeping possession just as well.

£15m is a lot of money but replacing your 3 best players is a big ask in 1 transfer window.

Michu, De Guzman & whoever they bring in are good players but will they replace Caulker/Allen/Sigurdsson?

Swansea fans are saying that they do not have to sell, so won''t as he is on a long contract, but if you take the Robert Earnshaw example, if there is a release/buyout clause and the price is offered then I believe that the player has the right to talk to the club. Liverpool are covering their options just in case another club offers 15m IMO.    

[quote user="paul moy"]Swansea fans are saying that they do not have to sell, so won''t as he is on a long contract, but if you take the Robert Earnshaw example, if there is a release/buyout clause and the price is offered then I believe that the player has the right to talk to the club. Liverpool are covering their options just in case another club offers 15m IMO.    [/quote]

If Liverpool have sense they will ask another club to make the offer so they can then move in... LOL

Just seen on Sky Sports Swansea are pretty annoyed that Liverpool have broken the written agreement about signing players 15m plus even more compensation now i guess? Pretty low of Rogers when you consider all the i''m not leaving BS aswell.

"Just seen on Sky Sports Swansea are pretty annoyed that Liverpool have broken the written agreement about signing players 15m plus even more compensation now i guess? Pretty low of Rogers when you consider all the i''m not leaving BS as well."

So how was it allowed to happen and what was the point of the agreement in any case?

Complete joke of a situation to be honest, and yet again it''s Liverpool paying over-inflated prices for relatively average players.I''m not knocking Allen as a footballer, he''s a decent player who had a good enough season last year, but 15m is ludicrous, especially in comparison to what other clubs have paid for more recognised players e.g.:Podolski - 11 milMarin - 7 milSigurdsson - 8 milVan Der Vaart - 8 milDemba Ba - 6mil (and then again on a free)Ben Arfa - 5.75 milCabaye - 5 milArteta - 10 milAdam - 7 milIt''s the classic syndrome of virtually doubling someone''s value if they''re British, then adding a few more million on if it''s a big club that''s interested.The idea that on price he''s meant to be worth twice as much as Sigurdsson, Van Der Vaart or Marin is laughable.When will Liverpool learn? Isn''t the expected 15 mil or more loss they''re likely to take on Andy Carroll enough to make them think more carefully???

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]"Just seen on Sky Sports Swansea are pretty annoyed that Liverpool have broken the written agreement about signing players 15m plus even more compensation now i guess? Pretty low of Rogers when you consider all the i''m not leaving BS as well." So how was it allowed to happen and what was the point of the agreement in any case?[/quote]

I agree it was obviously unworkable, i think most of us thought that. However Liverpool did agree to it and Rogers isnt really showing the club much respect after playing up the loyal honest man image. At the end of the day it Swansea so it''s only really a passing interest.

When will Liverpool learn. One good season does not make a player great. They signed Caroll after 1/2 a good season and look what happened. They signed henderson after he had an exceptional first 1/2 of a season and then ignored the fact that his form dipped in the 2nd 1/2.

Rogers obviously believes he has what it takes but £15mill is a massive amount for a player who only has one season in the Prem.

Swansea will be weaker for loosing him but only until they find the players to replace him and then have money left over to strengthen in other areas.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

When will Liverpool learn. One good season does not make a player great. They signed Caroll after 1/2 a good season and look what happened. They signed henderson after he had an exceptional first 1/2 of a season and then ignored the fact that his form dipped in the 2nd 1/2.

Rodgers obviously believes he has what it takes but £15mill is a massive amount for a player who only has one season in the Prem.

Swansea will be weaker for loosing him but only until they find the players to replace him and then have money left over to strengthen in other areas.

Davo

[/quote]

There''s a big difference here though. Rodgers has worked witha Allen as a player and knows his potential, character and lifestyle inside out so the risk is virtually nil, whereas Dalglish did not know Carroll, Henderson etc. ''Better the devil you know'' as the saying goes.

Andy Carroll - 35mill

Joe Allen - 15mill

Connor Wickham - 9mill

Jordan Henderson - 18mill

Howson - 2mill

Pilkington - 2.5mill

Snodgrass - 3mill

Just shows you how good the NCFC board currently are at buying young, promising, English players.

[quote user="Bovril"]Andy Carroll - 35mill

Joe Allen - 15mill

Connor Wickham - 9mill

Jordan Henderson - 18mill

Howson - 2mill

Pilkington - 2.5mill

Snodgrass - 3mill

Just shows you how good the NCFC board currently are at buying young, promising, English players.[/quote]

Snodgrass is Scottish aint he? But its a great point. While some people moan about us not spending enough cash and criticise players because they werent expensive, they would probably have been much happier had we bought those same players for big money...

The board know what they are doing, they know how to sign players and they are doing it without putting us at risk. If we do end up getting a massive sum like this for one of our own im sure it would enable us to replace and strengthen further... Anyone think (considering the amount of players we have signed close to the end of their contract) that me might be having a sneaky word in the ear of players....? I wouldnt have thought so but it is a bit of a coincidence, no?

If you don''t have the money then you need a very good scouting system to find potential. I believe that we have that, and long may it continue.