Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

My thoughts from Celtic Park

Great support from the Yellow Army last night, everybody got behind CH which was nice.I thought our second half team did better than the first half side with Howson, Wes and Holty making the difference. Chris Martin impressed me as well although I thought he looked slightly on the tubby side- he did well playing behind Jackson and WFL GH.I dont think I''ll be doing the 15 hour again on Club Cabbage mind you...

The Scottish Edition of the Sun had a match report in it this morning.   It started by saying there were more yellow shirts than a Tour de France convention.

You have my utmost respect making that journey by Club Canary - it must''ve been murder.   I flew from Luton as it''s cheaper than driving.   I''m about an hours drive from Luton and then it''s an hours flight.   I was in Glasgow City Centre by about 8.30 a.m. on Tuesday.   An old Army mate who lives in Livingston came over to meet up with me and later of course met up with a few Norwich supporters in George Square and bussed it to the ground en-masse.

Every Glaswegian I spoke to had nothing but praise for Norwich and the Norwich supporters did the club and city proud.   It was a good run out for a lot of the squad.   I thought it amusing the way Whittacker was loudly booed everytime he got the ball - mind you if they watch the Scottish National side play they boo every time a Rangers player gets the ball even though they''re playing for Scotland!

Really glad I went and I had a marvellous time

Fantastic support from us, I''m totally shattered (860 mile trip & very little sleep for two days) but so worth it - just for Bairds Bar alone. So good to see so many Norwich and in fine voice

They reckon there was about 600 . Loved the Chris hughton green and yellow army getting sung non stop for about 20 mins in the 2nd half. We sounded quite vocal considering the numbers. That bar with all the scarfs hanging from the ceiling (bairds bar) was class in gallows gate. Every Celtic fan we spoke to were friendly. A great day/night. Would definitely do it all again.

I also found all the Celtic fans to be very friendly towards us.I also had a brilliant time in Bairds, after which I headed off towards the ground. I hadn''t got far when a Celtic fan having a smoke outside another pub shouted ''Oi Norwich'' and waved across the road to me, calling me over. We had a bit of a chat and then he asked if I''d pop in for a drink, so in I go, only to find I''m the only City fan in the place!!They were a right friendly bunch, made me really welcome, and I had a bloody good time in there. [:D]

Great occasion, very pleased I went. Good singing and banter. Our fans were great, as were the Green Brigade.

Got to mention the Celtic park stadium tour which I did in the afternoon before the game - excellent value at £8.50 ! , Trophy room, changing rooms, media room, ran out of the tunnel, sat in the dug out etc etc - highly recommended.

My mate a QPR fan who lives in Glasgow has heard nothing but praise for Norwich since our visit, which really pis ses him off [:D]Well done to everyone who travelled [:)]