Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Little Norwich on their adventure to scotland to play the big team

in a pre season friendly no less!!!!!Lets all over hype a game which is nothing more than a learning experience and chance to try new formations etc....I could understand if we were a non league Scottish side and it was the cup... but we are a top flight English side in a game that doesnt really matter against an average team in a league much poorer....If we get to the cup final i fear mass hysteria!all this tweeting, photos etc just makes us look like a little club happy to be mixing it with the "big boys"will we be doing the same when Ajax come to town?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]in a pre season friendly no less!!!!!

Lets all over hype a game which is nothing more than a learning experience and chance to try new formations etc....

I could understand if we were a non league Scottish side and it was the cup... but we are a top flight English side in a game that doesnt really matter against an average team in a league much poorer....

If we get to the cup final i fear mass hysteria!

all this tweeting, photos etc just makes us look like a little club happy to be mixing it with the "big boys"

will we be doing the same when Ajax come to town?
[/quote]

I swear you weren''t always this much of a Douche.

Might be wrong though.

lets be honest Mr B it is all a bit silly for a game that''s no more than a friendly isn''t it?if it was a European tie then fair enough.. but come on...

It''s not because anyone thinks Celtic are Real Madrid. It''s out of respect for set of supporters that made a massive journey on a school night to honour the loyalty of one of our players. A set of supporters that I''m sure any City fan in attendance that night will agree, were a cut above the rest.

Football doesn''t just have to be about rivalries.

Cheer up you miserable sod.

The OP is second only to the Wiz in terms of starting threads to deliberately try and be controversial.

[quote user="I.S."]The OP is second only to the Wiz in terms of starting threads to deliberately try and be controversial.[/quote]

Yes, sorry you are quite right.

I forgot this was an internet forum where people could leave their own opinions for others to comment on.

I can see the point the OP is trying to make, however I can''t see that Norwich or Celtic saw the match as anything but a pre-season friendly and after the amazing spectacle that was Adam Drury''s testimonial its hardly surprising there was a lot of interest in this game.

Jas, understand what you were trying to depict with your post however lighten up mate. The game was nothing more than a friendly and hopefully another string the to burgeoning friendship between our two great clubs. Relax !!!

OP do you have issues in your life that need addressing, this forum is about supporting NCFC at least it should be,,,your posts are always negative

OP did you notice HOLT scored the winner, I guess that has upset you as well...as you dont like him much

Like Wiz the op likes to boost their post count as opposed to anything worthwhile.

Whilst im not a friendly fan ( as in going to them ) i really enjoyed the trip as did my two boys

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

It''s not because anyone thinks Celtic are Real Madrid. It''s out of respect for set of supporters that made a massive journey on a school night to honour the loyalty of one of our players. A set of supporters that I''m sure any City fan in attendance that night will agree, were a cut above the rest.

Football doesn''t just have to be about rivalries.

Cheer up you miserable sod.

[/quote]+1 ^^^^^

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yes, sorry you are quite right.

I forgot this was an internet forum where people could leave their own opinions for others to comment on.

I can see the point the OP is trying to make, however I can''t see that Norwich or Celtic saw the match as anything but a pre-season friendly and after the amazing spectacle that was Adam Drury''s testimonial its hardly surprising there was a lot of interest in this game.[/quote]Hmm, so what was I doing exactly? Commenting on the opinion of the person who left this post on the internet forum?Would you like me to check in with you before I post any other responses, just to ensure they have your seal of approval?

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Yes, sorry you are quite right. I forgot this was an internet forum where people could leave their own opinions for others to comment on. I can see the point the OP is trying to make, however I can''t see that Norwich or Celtic saw the match as anything but a pre-season friendly and after the amazing spectacle that was Adam Drury''s testimonial its hardly surprising there was a lot of interest in this game.[/quote]

Hmm, so what was I doing exactly? Commenting on the opinion of the person who left this post on the internet forum?

Would you like me to check in with you before I post any other responses, just to ensure they have your seal of approval?
[/quote]

Don''t be ridiculous I.S. If you think that was an acceptable way to ''comment on the opinion of the OP'' then I would suggest you are very deluded or clearly mental.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]in a pre season friendly no less!!!!!Lets all over hype a game which is nothing more than a learning experience and chance to try new formations etc....I could understand if we were a non league Scottish side and it was the cup... but we are a top flight English side in a game that doesnt really matter against an average team in a league much poorer....If we get to the cup final i fear mass hysteria!all this tweeting, photos etc just makes us look like a little club happy to be mixing it with the "big boys"will we be doing the same when Ajax come to town?[/quote]You miserable bastard. I travelled all the way to Celtic on club cabbage and I enjoyed every minute of the day.Whats wrong with people enjoying it?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]in a pre season friendly no less!!!!!

Lets all over hype a game which is nothing more than a learning experience and chance to try new formations etc....

I could understand if we were a non league Scottish side and it was the cup... but we are a top flight English side in a game that doesnt really matter against an average team in a league much poorer....

If we get to the cup final i fear mass hysteria!

all this tweeting, photos etc just makes us look like a little club happy to be mixing it with the "big boys"

will we be doing the same when Ajax come to town?
[/quote]

I swear you weren''t always this much of a Douche.

Might be wrong though.

[/quote]

I agree! Is someone else now using this account? because i''m sure Jas didn''t use to be such a miserable sod.

I also travelled on ''club cabbage'' had a great but long day out.

Never been to Parkhead before and had a couple of hours in George Square into the bargain. Whats not to like?

Went to a match at a ground that I had never been to and probably never will again, where is the association?

I have seen Norwich play at probably 100+ grounds over the years, does that mean I am ''associated'' with all them too?

Yes, I think that pointing out this was a thread deliberately posted to wind up fellow fans who were enjoying themselves was fairly acceptable. It''s not the first time either, so what is your problem with that exactly?

Seems to me the OP is jealous at the thought of people actually enjoying themselves, that some people actually LIKE each other and like to share some time and fun together.

The association newly formed between Norwich and Celtic is not between the clubs but between the fans and the individual standings of each club in their respective leagues does not matter.   The pre-season friendly was organised just as much for the fans benefit as the teams.   It gave an opportunity for like spuirited people to join together for enjoyment.

Although Scottish football is not what it used to be I remember that Manchester United were NOT the first British Team to win the European Cup and in recognition of their history and achievements it''s a privelege to play Celtic at Parkhead.   Especially in such an atmosphere of mutual respect and cammeraderie.

Big time EPL playing lowly Scottish club?   Behave yirself!!!!!  

Living in Scotland and following a ''provincial'' spl team I have no love for the old firm, but the night was great, I met new friends, exiles living here in Scotland and got the opportunity to see my home town club that normally I find really difficult to get to see due to distance and cost.

Hopefully this will be the start of getting the scottish canaries up and running for away trips to the north east and west of England

Celtic fans were very friendly and our fans were brand new, fantastic in the corner. I had a great night. cannot wait to Newcastle away