Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Problem with Turner?

He had a medical yesterday afternoon, thats given him a day and a half to negotiate personal terms. Problem with medical or being to greedy?I saw a O''Neill interview on Sky re: this, his demeamour seemed a little peculiar i thought?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]He had a medical yesterday afternoon, thats given him a day and a half to negotiate personal terms. Problem with medical or being to greedy?I saw a O''Neill interview on Sky re: this, his demeamour seemed a little peculiar i thought? [/quote]I should imagine they know the kind of money they''re negotiating around before money is wasted on a medical.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="mre2"]I guess he is the 9.30 announcement![/quote]huh?[/quote]..double "huh".[*-)]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="mre2"]I guess he is the 9.30 announcement![/quote]huh?[/quote]Opps. I thought there was an announcement due at 9.30 tomorrow morning, but having re-read the tweet it was 9.30 PM.

[quote user="mre2"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="mre2"]I guess he is the 9.30 announcement![/quote]huh?[/quote]Opps. I thought there was an announcement due at 9.30 tomorrow morning, but having re-read the tweet it was 9.30 PM. [/quote]Brilliant [;)]

Turner passed his medical, I''m guessing they just wanted to announce Snodgrass for extra effect. Expect him to be unveiled tomorrow

[quote user="AJ"]Turner passed his medical, I''m guessing they just wanted to announce Snodgrass for extra effect. Expect him to be unveiled tomorrow[/quote]Really AJ? has this been released, or do you have inside knowledge?

Teamtalk.com said they are waiting for the results from Wes Brown''s knee injury before letting Turner go.

I know that site aren''t the best for news but they had an article on it.

[quote user="jersey_canary"]Teamtalk.com said they are waiting for the results from Wes Brown''s knee injury before letting Turner go.

I know that site aren''t the best for news but they had an article on it.[/quote]From the BBC website:

Sunderland manager Martin O''Neill is happy to let Michael Turner join Norwich despite injury to Wes Brown.

Turner was having a medical at Norwich on Thursday while Brown was undergoing a scan on his injured knee.

O''Neill confirmed centre back Turner, 28, was given permission to talk to Norwich before Brown''s injury.

and for the person asking for my source, here''s something to back it up; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2178987/Norwich-sign-Michael-Turner-Sunderland.html

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="jersey_canary"]Teamtalk.com said they are waiting for the results from Wes Brown''s knee injury before letting Turner go. I know that site aren''t the best for news but they had an article on it.[/quote]From the BBC website:

Sunderland manager Martin O''Neill is happy to let Michael Turner join Norwich despite injury to Wes Brown.

Turner was having a medical at Norwich on Thursday while Brown was undergoing a scan on his injured knee.

O''Neill confirmed centre back Turner, 28, was given permission to talk to Norwich before Brown''s injury.

[/quote]

So the medical was earlier today - then Turner was entering contract talks.  Given that it took Snodgrass nearly two days to agree the details of his contract we won''t hear for certain whether Turner has signed up until lunchtime Sunday on that basis.  Calm down guys.

The medical''s are usually the last part of the process, there''s no point in going through the hassle of it without a deal already in place. I heard yesterday that two signing medical''s were completed so its just a matter of time before the Turner deal will be announced. Have to say so far i''m pleased with the signing''s made by Hughton, a mixture of experience and exciting potential, can''t wait for the season to get going now and see if Hughton can get the best out of the squad as his predecessor did for 3 seasons solid. OTBC :)