Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Michael Turner

Certainly looks the part and I''ve yet to see the club put a foot wrong with permanent signings in the Premier

Howson and Bennett, Pilks, Bennet, Vaughan, Johnson, Payalla ........ have all looked easily good enough.

One caveat. We do seem to sign players with injury comcerns, so maybe we have a grat physio team and McNally is able to get them cheaper, who knows ?

What i do know is that this signing yet again blows away the innumerable ''window lickers'' who clog up this site with their drivel about what players we are about to sign. Virtually nothing was mentioned about Howson or Bennett, likewise Whittaker and Butterfield, now Turner.

It also suggests that the club is cinstantly chasing players and carrying out negotiations without feeling the need to carry those negotiation out through the press ...........

........................ or that Whittaker is out for the season and Turner was a panic buy !

[quote user="NCFCgardener"][quote user="kellybrook"]We already have a load of young players, the ones you mentioned.  Enough "future" already, now we need some experience - Turner fits that bill to play alongside the younger centrebacks and Snodgrass is a quality midfielder.

Sorry but you are a tit.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]

What would excite me??... someone young, full of potential for the future, Bennett, Bennett, Howson, Pilks, Ayala, Butterfied for example.

What doesnt excite me is a 28 year old who is injury prone and seen as surplus to requirements by one of the most experienced premier league managers. 

Feels (To me) like we are just trying to get bodies in for the sake of it, not building for the future.

[/quote][/quote] Sorry, quoted wrong post " you are a tit" is an insult.[/quote]

I am sure that some would regard it as a compliment

Good strong, experienced defender with the fee reported to be around £1.5 million. I think that is a very decent piece of business for us.

[quote user="Jacko"]Good strong, experienced defender with the fee reported to be around £1.5 million.[/quote]Shhh!  Don''t say that. Say its £5m........to keep Wiz happy you understand! [;)]

Been down here again today discussing personal terms according to an interview with O''Neill on SSN. Fee agreed.

Press Conference for a double signing tomorrow then hopefully. Should give ticket sales for Ajax a nice boost.

Wonder if this has fallen through as I would have  thought it would have been announced tonight with Snodgrass?

[quote user="AJ"]Can''t believe some people are slating this guy, he''s a perfect replacement for Whitbread![/quote]

[Y]

I seem to remember that he was on the verge of the England set up in his Hull days (may even have had a call up to the squad?).

Would be a really good signing in my view.

I do hope this comes off as I think it would be a very good signing.Some of the people who aren''t that happy were probably disappointed with releasing Whitbread, but here we have a guy who is the same age but with far more Premier League experience coming into his prime.