Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Good

Look At Yourselves!!

Really all you supporters should look at yourselves. This website forum is great but everyone is just quarelling at the moment and pointing fingers and blaming everyone they can think of about the likelihood of the club going down this season. Most people are blaming worthy or the players. Now im not Worthingtons biggest fan ever but i think it is very harsh blaming him solely if we go down. Also the players are coming under lots of critiscm, although some havent performed great cut them some slack. This forum is becoming a boxing ring. Everyone is arguing with each other and at each others throats pointing fingers at members of the club. Im not entirely happy with the way the whole club has gone about this year but im not having a huge go at them like everyone else.

Just calm down and wait until something is confirmed as to the end of year position rather than just becoming inpatient with everyone now.

If this place is becoming like a boxing ring then where is the scantily clad young woman annoucing the next round. I demand somone post a picture forthwith!

Fair comment about everyone poinying fingers at each other.  But who''s to blame for the crappy season we have had if it isnt the management or players?

Well Two Sheds, seeing you asked, there''s no question that we were far and away the best side in the Nationwide last year and the managment and players took plenty of credit, and rightly so. This term, we knew it was going to be tough and we were relying on our spirit and togetherness to see us through, unfortunately it takes more than that and without a bank balance to match the top three we were always going to struggle.

Without wishing to sound bitter and twisted, I feel that we were dealt a particularly tough start and though we showed plenty of fight there were scant rewards from trips to Old Trafford, St James''s and White Hart Lane. Indeed by the time the ''easier'' fixtures came around we were already at the wrong end of the table and the victims of an horrendous injury list, may I be bold and suggest the if we''d a few games against ''the average'' at the start things could have been very different.

There''s also the point that we''ve been the victims of some unbelievable refereeing howlers which have cost us points, points that would have left us in a much healthier position now. I''m still hopeful, though I accept, it''s a big ask

[quote]Really all you supporters should look at yourselves. This website forum is great but everyone is just quarelling at the moment and pointing fingers and blaming everyone they can think of about the lik...[/quote]

You are absolutely right it is like a boxing ring, and have you noticed that you often get boxers who are out of their depth, but their manager still puts them into the ring.  Unfortunately Holt and Fleming are the football equivalent to those boxers.  I''m sorry but when your centre half, and your tough tackling midfielder have 2 yellow cards between them, it shows you how much actual tackling they have done all season.  Fleming never actually gets near an opponent to tackle him and Holt continues to be the best marker of open space in the Premiership.

It is very difficult to not have a go at those pair when you have Charlton and Safri who cannot get into the team.  I would dearly love to see Holt and Fleming put in a half decent performance to convince me they should hold their places, but sadly I cannot see that happening, and neither can I see the manager dropping either of them.

......yes there is a lot of debate about why the season has gone as it has. Its obviously a bad thing to try to work out why and what needs to be fixed (irony alert there). I sense no hysterical reaction, few calls for any management replacements and few witch hunts regarding the players. In fact considering we will probably get relegated I think this Board is actually (generally) being very mature and pragmatic about things. Had we been WBA or Man City supporters there may well have been some hysterical over reactions, but that has been few a far between. No one can condemn anyone for coming on here and expressing their view on why we are bottom, surely??

The moaning is borne out of frustration, when us lot can see the blindingly obvious and Worthy is blind to it. We''ve a right to get irritated at the schoolboy defending, the ridiculous team selections and mystifying substitutions. As well as the lack of fight and moral courage by some of our well-paid players.

We need to replace some of the geriatric "hard workers" with young and aggressive players, who have both physical and mental strength.

Worthy has done well but needs some fresh coaching blood, like the talented Dave Williams. We are now a tired team, both physically (due to our old-aged players) and mentally, because of the same approach from the coaching staff. We need to freshen things up considerably on the playing side (new and younger blood) and also on the coaching side (some new ideas and some better and up-to-date coaching), if we''re going to bounce straight back next season.    

Does the original poster of this thread still feel the same, after having just watched a spineless performance like that?

if it not the fault of the players or the management, then who the hell is to blame? When im served up crap like tonight, i point my bloody finger.

you know what the real problem is not that we complain too much, but we don''t complain enough.  think changes are going to happen, it''s a joke, look at the amount of season ticket sales the club sell, the board aren''t going to do anything while we sell out every game.

it''s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. money in the pocket for next season, same gutless players, no hope manager.

could be a problem, but for me watching the city at the rud, is what i do.. my kids as well now, and no matter how crap we are, we are all complete city fans.. and will always have our season tickets. I remember being in the ground when the lowest league gate in a generation, just over 9000 watched a 3-3 draw with birmingham. i also remember losing at home to luton, brentford, southend, when i could quite easily have murdered any of our players or staff with my bare hands had they crossed my path after the final whistle. tonight and this whole season has been pants. but not the worst i can remember. Still be there next season, but my levels of expectation will be much greater and my patience thin if players are not performing.

you know charlie''s dad i''ll clarify what i said cos i''m upset and didn''t want it to sound like a go at you or the fans.  i got nothing but respect for people like you who follow the club no matter what. really hands up full admiration, I wish the players had the same fight and commitment.  i hope next season you''ll see a promotion fight, I for one think the only way to make my feelings known is by not turning up. I don''t think we all should, it''s just how I make my choice. I hope and pray next season you''ll see some good stuff, I however am doubtful. I''ll be back when the club starting showing some guts.

rich

I respect your opinion Rich. I used to face the dilemma of entering the ground in the chase Megson days, despite a very cutting and effective boycott going on outside. Since most of the supporters were season ticket holders, Chase actually went on record as saying he didnt care much whether they came or not, as he already had their money. I used to sit behind the stand in the bar, occasionally venturing outside to see if we were still one own to Luton or whoever, and to register my disgust at the team, chase, megson or whoever. This has been a painful season, mainly because many of our wounds are self-inflicted, and i firmly beleive with a bit more organisation, steel and effort, we would be clear of the bottom three. This forum is a great vehicle for getting anger off your chest when youve just witnessed something bad like yesterday. And apart from the ''Opinion police'' who haunt this site, criticising people for airing honest opinions on a board created for that express purpose, everyone rubs along just fine. I hope you reconsider your attendance at next seasons big kick off against Gillingham, because at the end of the day we all want the same thing. And its just about the best thing one can do in norwich on a Saturday afternoon..

I think the best way to get things changed IS to turn up. I have no truck with boycotts, even in the Chase era I still went and sat in that soulles atmosphere but what we could do was protest vociferously and very obviously. There is nothing like a stadium full of like minded people (even better in fron of the TV) to put pressure where its required. Also a full stadioum at least gives the players our backing for the on field stuff which often gets overlooked.

Having said that I don''t think we''re anywhere near boycotts, protests or anything of the like. This is a blip but if things are managed in the right way I am sure we will get through it in a healthier state than before. Tos ay that we need top boycott the ground because we don''t like the truth that we are not a good side is a bit of an overreaction.