Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Paving the way for Howson / Pilks exits?

[quote user="Mahogany"] I really don''t see the need for a "destroyer", the games moving away from that sort of player. [/quote]

As Spain proved it''s more effective to have a small fleet of quick torpedo boats than one lumbering Destroyer.

Its called cover. And it also gives us cover if we play 5 in midfield, and have defender injuries too (I.E - Johnson dropping back to defence last season)

Calm down

Be positive, its a positive mentality thats got us where we are today

And as lot of people were whining about new striker when we have at the moment 5 in those two or even 1 spot (Holt, Morison, Vaughan, Jackson, Martin)

I personaly consider Snodgrass as that striker. He certainly is more attacker than middlefielder.

I would be more alerted where we offload one of the current strikers and is that striker Jackson or Martin.

And once again we have positive problem here (Too many good players in a squad)

Anyway by signing Snodgrass we make really first time offencive 4-3-3 possible.

Pilkington - Holt - Snodgrass

Hoolahan - Howson - Butterfield

Tierney - Turner - Ayala - Martin

Quite exellent for chasing opponents lead ^^ But pay attention to top 3. They all can score and both wingers can cross as well. Both wingers have their better foot side of goal to make them more effective. Bennet is good player, but he is more RM than RW and doesnt normaly cut into middle and shoot. Also as he is right footed he wont be effective in that role as Snoddy would be.

for mid 3 more realistic formation probably would be for example.

Surman - Fox - Howson

Anyway I like where we are going with wide range of middlefielders than all can compete for starting places. Dont know which formation we will play, but in modern football there isn''t anymore that many pure strikers on the field at same time as more flexible players can cover various roles and still help lead striker with scoring.

4-2-3-1 which is my favourite formation would look quite good with our current players and is versatile for our need.

---------------------Holt----------------------

Pilkington - Hoolahan - Snodgrass

------------Fox-----------Howson---------

Tierney - -Turner - Ayala - - Martin

------------------Vaughan---------------

Surman - Butterfield - E.Bennett

---------Johnson--------Crofts--------

Lappin-Ward-Bennet-Whittaker

Anyway I''m sure we get rid of some players, but would be surprised to see any of our "talismans" go away. I''m just glad I''m not the person who needs to decide who to sell and who to keep.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="nu_matik"]WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU ON ABOUT???!!!

I love how some fans view things. we''ve been told we have a big budget for the year, and that includes wages. why do we need to see the back of Howson, one of our best players with a massive future and Pilkington who is also showing signs of a very bright future. There futures could well be here, so why does bringing in a player such as Snodgrass mean we are going to ship the top players out? surely its more likely we will sell off players such as Crofts and Korey as within those midfiles players we have versatile players such as Lappin who I think we may see more in a left back berth this year. There will definitely be players on the way out but why would we sell big performers such as howson and Pilks?[/quote]

Why? Cos they would bring in some serious cash that''s why! I don''t want it to happen (particularly Howson), just saying I think it could be on the cards. Maybe Hoolahan then and not Howson - either way someone as well as Crofts will be gone by the deadline. We''re top heavy with midfielders but weak upfront. Not rocket science is it?     

[/quote]......not rocket science? we are, for the first time in many,many years, not in any financial trouble and we are in the premiership with a licence to print money if we stay for one more year and you, in your infinite wisdom, think we are going to sell two of our most influential players for the money. it beggars belief.

it doesn''t beggar belief manic

it is pretty much par for the course on here

as you say we are in a position nobody could have dreamed of 3 years ago, more so 5pm 8th August 2009, yet still the whingers and whiners come crawling out from the wood work to complain

I expect the new away strip will be their next subject to bleat about

[quote user="star manic"]

we are, for the first time in many,many years, not in any financial trouble and we are in the premiership with a licence to print money if we stay for one more year
[/quote]

Not sure about that. The TV deal looks very appetising, but then it will also look that way to players and their agents, who will up their demands accordingly. And even if there is a load of spare cash swilling around Carrow Road in years to come it will probably get stashed away to help pay for expanded capacity.

with the current tv deal, teams in this league can offer decent wages compared to other leagues so i doubt demand of higher wages will be as massive as some will think with the new tv deal which has increased by like 60% it just mean the gap between the prem and re recent relegated and the rest of the champ teams. But wouldn''t the amount of money teams increase when the sale of the world wide sales of tv right for the prem, because the 3 Billion a only comes from the domestic package?

Pretty sure Snoddy will be used as a second striker or like how Lavanche has him as part of an attacking midfield 5. Will be very surprised to see Howson or Pilks move. 

[quote user="City1st"]

i wondered what the whingers and whiners would come up with next

Last season''s continual bleat that we would be doomed because we were not signing expreienced Premier League players was well and truly blown out of the water

This summer''s bleat about us not having any monrey to spend or not signing players has already been blown out of the water,so we now have

We have signed too many midfield players ! ! !

Of course the danger of scrabbling around for something to attack the club with is you can''t be too choosy about how stupid your squeak is

This one assumes that no players will be out injured or suspended, we will play four midfield players but have no midfield substitutes. We will not want the option of playing two wide players or flooding the midfield.

What i don''t hear is the squeaking about keepers .. yet. we have three players there for every place

[/quote]

My word Walphy you certainly are a truly irritable and tunnel visioned City fan aren''t you!

We all know about your perverted obsession with all things Ipswich, recently that perversion has extended to all things Leeds indeed anything other than a totally blinkered following of NCFC seems to provoke a stream of abuse from you. Before I bring you back to looking at my post again, perhaps you could explain why someone who hates Ipswich so much then reveals a more detailed knowledge of their history, their annual accounts, each players contract and indeed anything connected with the club than the most ardent Town fan?? That seems mighty strange to me. 

Now back to my post - I am not (and never have) ''scrabbled around for something to attack the club with''. Nothing in my post gives any credence to that hysterical accusation. I am merely speculating that we appear to be overloaded with midfield players and believe that this COULD herald the departure of possibly one of last years established midfield members.

I am perfectly aware thank you of the need for cover, competition, flexibility in tactics and formations and styles.

Next time you post perhaps you might find it within yourself to exhibit some objectivity and modesty to the proceedings. More chance of the sun not rising in the morning though!  

Don''t worry, Yellow Rider, City1st is, as you describe and others have noted, tunnel-visioned, vituperative and almost a pure embodiment of NFN.

A fun way of helping put his outbursts in context it is to play City1st bingo. Any mention of ''farmhands'', ''grubby'', ''bleat'', ''squeak'', ''whine'' and ''whinge'' scores a point. References to the other East Anglian club score a bonus point.

Fairly near a full house just on his last post.

Good post from you, though. Shame it didn''t elicit a better response from our friend.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Don''t worry, Yellow Rider, City1st is, as you describe and others have noted, tunnel-visioned, vituperative and almost a pure embodiment of NFN.

A fun way of helping put his outbursts in context it is to play City1st bingo. Any mention of ''farmhands'', ''grubby'', ''bleat'', ''squeak'', ''whine'' and ''whinge'' scores a point. References to the other East Anglian club score a bonus point.

Fairly near a full house just on his last post.

Good post from you, though. Shame it didn''t elicit a better response from our friend.

[/quote]

Damn,i knew i should have copyrighted that game[:@][:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] even if there is a load of spare cash swilling around Carrow Road in years to come it will probably get stashed away to help pay for expanded capacity.[/quote]

You mean we are not moving to The UEA or Showground even when it will be for free ? [:P][;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] even if there is a load of spare cash swilling around Carrow Road in years to come it will probably get stashed away to help pay for expanded capacity.[/quote]

You mean we are not moving to The UEA or Showground even when it will be for free ? [:P][;)]

[/quote]

John, say what you like about Tom Cavendish, but at least his obsession (if that''s what it is) actually concerns Norwich City Football Club.

Oh dear, I do appear to have upset a couple of the former anti club brigade who have recently crawledc out of the woodwork.

Odd how they always seem to get upset when any pee taking of our impoverished neighbours is posted up. Why might that be you ask ?

If you think their stupidity is limited to not being able to read the local rag then fear not. Up comes one of the farmhands with this priceless piece of stupidity, when challenged about his dimwitted believe that our club will sell Howson and Pilks  " Why? Cos they would bring in some serious cash that''s why! "

And what would we do with that cash ? Buy a couple of players perhaps ?

Still, it''s nice to know that bin finding hasn''t grown any harder. A few rattles of the cage (pee  takes of their club) and up they pop, pitchforks a wavin''.

ps a suggestion my deluded rustics, try reading your local rag (Eadt) it''s on the net and you will find all you need to know about how skint your grubby little club is

[quote user="City1st"]

Oh dear, I do appear to have upset a couple of the former anti club brigade who have recently crawledc out of the woodwork.

Odd how they always seem to get upset when any pee taking of our impoverished neighbours is posted up. Why might that be you ask ?

If you think their stupidity is limited to not being able to read the local rag then fear not. Up comes one of the farmhands with this priceless piece of stupidity, when challenged about his dimwitted believe that our club will sell Howson and Pilks  " Why? Cos they would bring in some serious cash that''s why! "

And what would we do with that cash ? Buy a couple of players perhaps ?

Still, it''s nice to know that bin finding hasn''t grown any harder. A few rattles of the cage (pee  takes of their club) and up they pop, pitchforks a wavin''.

ps a suggestion my deluded rustics, try reading your local rag (Eadt) it''s on the net and you will find all you need to know about how skint your grubby little club is

[/quote]

Try answering my question about why you have such a total obsession with all things Ipswich please?

Then, please justify how my posts can in anyway be deemed ''anti club''.

I await your ''reasoned'' reply!!