Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Possible starting 11:

will ch have problems keeping his squad happy???i do honestly think he may offload crofts smith and adeyemi...or send them out on loan...but to be perfectly honest we dont have a clue what ch has in store for us..i dont persoannly think lb is  major problem....tierney..lappin...and isnt whittaker able to play either full back berth..i dont know i thought  thats what was said when he signed

ruddydont know, bennett, dont know!!!, tierneypilks, howson, johnson, snodgrass(please)             wes/or/butterfield                   holt

Have we ever had a squad where you could say choose any of the players and they will all be up to the job?   I include Ward and Barnett in that despite what some people think.    The match against Celtic proved the point and we still have Butterfield, Snodgrass, Turner if he joins, Fox and Morison to add  in.   

So all the manager needs to do is throw the numbers into a hat, the first 11 that come out - put them on the pitch!

Simples!

[:D]

[quote user="priceyrice"]Really happy with the signings coming in atm, i think Turner is an improvement on what we have, improving the starting 11, as does Snodgrass. Whitaker and Butterfield greatly improve the 25 man squad as well. Tierney and Vaughan could be like new signings this season, so at the minute i am very happy and expecting to see a couple more signings still.

Here would be my line up at the minute

Ruddy

Martin  Bennett  Turner  Tierney

Howson   Johnson

Bennett  Snodgrass  Pilkington

Holt

Think this would cause a lot of teams a lot of trouble, would be great to see Naughton in the line-up as well

[/quote]

this sounds great, imo, just change johnson for fox for most matches and just use BJ for the rougher games (that sounds kind of wrong)

i can''t see wes getting many starts this season, that''s how much it seems we have improved our attacking midfield options, but he could be very important coming off the bench in the second half. it''s mouthwatering thinking of howson, butterfield and snodgrass in the same midfield with our more established e.bennett and pilkington. [:D][:D][:D]

actually, seeing as though snodgrass doesn''t often play centrally, i would go for:

--------------------ruddy---------------

martin-------bennett------turner----tierney

--------------howson---fox---------------

-bennett--------butterfield-------snoddy/or/pilks

--------------------holt--------------------

I didn''t think butterfield was going to be fit for the beginning of the season?

Anyway, I''ll plump for a 4-4-2:

Ruddy

Martin - Turner - Bennett - Tierney

Bennett - Howson - Fox- Snodgrass

Holt - Morison

With loads of midfield options on the bench.

4-4-2

Ruddy

Martin Ayala Turner/Ward Tierny

Bennett/Pilkington Howson Fox Snodgrass/Surman

Holt Jackson/Vaughan

4-2-3-1

Ruddy

Martin Ayala Turner/Ward Tierney

Howson/Fox Johnson

Pilkington Butterfield/Hoolahan Snodgrass

Morison

4-1-2-1-2

Ruddy

Martin Ayala Turner/Ward Tierny

Howson/Fox

Bennett Surman/Snodgrass

Hoolahan/Butterfield

Holt Jackson/Vaughan

0-10-0

Ruddy

E.Bennett  Butterfield Howson Crofts Fox Johnson Hoolahan Surman Snodgrass Pilkington

I wonder if a midfielder or two might be on the way out at some point?