Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Who's fault is it!? What is the problem!? Just look at the team!

The starting line up against Bolton only had 2 new players from our Division One side last season - Dean Ashton (A Division One player until Januray) and Graham Stuart (hardly the most effective player we''ve signed).

It''s all well and good Worthington saying the players were ''magnificent'', that''s the sort of thing a lower league manager says about a team who has bravely lost against a Premiership team.  And that''s what we still are - a Division One (CC Championship, whatever) team.

It can be attributed to bad luck with injuries, but to be fair, the signings have, for the most part, been poor.  It is simply a lack of quality that has lead to our, to be honest, embarrasing Premiership campaign.

Does the buck stop with Nigel, or with the players?  Are we asking too much of players that are simply not good enough?

Well that is 2004/2005 well and truly down the proverbial. In reality a fairly shambolic and pathetic effort from management and playing staff in attempting to play with the big boys. I accept the Premier League is a league with three tiers but we are going to finish at the bottom of the bottom league and post mortems must be entered into.

The fact remains that Nigel and his team are simply not good enough , if I was to get a promotion in my job and failed to cut the mustard then that would be it. I could not keep a job for life just because I was good at my previous level.... Before you ask who would we bring in ... well I don''t know.... but do not expect to bounce back in 2005/2006. I think we will be more like Wolves or Leicester rather than another Charlton.

As for the squad , let the stats talk for themselves. Who developed the squad.... end comment !!!!

I am loyal , but reality is a part of every day life.... green and yellow dreams are a thing of the past !!