Sign in to follow this  
Lionel Wessi

Who has gotter a better midfield than us?

Assuming that we sign Robert Snodgrass which Premier League Teams do you think actually have a better group of midfielders than us?

I cant think of many and would probably put our group of midfielders 7th behind:

Man City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Newcastle

Arsenal

Liverpool

Don''t think you can say who has got a better midfield than us, until we see it in action competetively.   With Bennett,Howson, Snodgrass (if deal is finalised) Pilkington, Surman etc, we could have one of the best - the potential is there...........

I think you are getting a little bit carried away. Most teams in the premiership have midfields that are full of international players. Take a team like West Brom that many people on this site think will be relegated. They have Brunt, Morrison, Mulumbu, Yacob, Dorrans & Thomas plus a new Belgium international winger.

Fulham with Dembele, Ruiz, Diarra, Kasami and potenitally Dempsey depending on whether he leaves or not are probably ahead of Norwich. Especially when you add the potential of Frei and Kacaniklic -  Etuhu and Sidwell aren''t bad either.

I''d also take Liverpool off that list, Gerrard apart Liverpool have a very weak midfield, although Lucas started to look quite handy before his injury

[quote user="Webbo118"]Gotter ?  With respect, I think you need to do a bit more work before you sit your English GCSE.[/quote]

You spotted a typo, well done you! With respect, I don''t think I will re-sit my English GCSE and instead continue to rely on my degree and professional qualifications but thanks for your input .

I might have overstated the case regarding the midfield (and definitely overlooked Spurs) but I am really excited by the group of players we have and there is so much potential to improve

Would add Swansea, Spurs, Fulham and Everton to that.

Liverpool''s midfield is also better, how many of their midfielders would get into ours ? Probably all of them, how many of ours would get into theirs, probably none.

I dont understand how you can make these assumptions, Snodgrass hasnt

proved anything in the premier league yet and Howson had only half a

season.

Our midfield is just above average for the permier league IMO.

[quote user="ellis206"]I''d also take Liverpool off that list, Gerrard apart Liverpool have a very weak midfield, although Lucas started to look quite handy before his injury[/quote]Didn''t think Gerrard was all that last season, probably due to his injury  - he might be better this season if he has a good pre-season, but last season I thought he looked more than a little ring rusty!

"Potential" is the word.    Ok, they may not all be internationals, but who is to say they are any better or any worse as a midfield?   Individual players may shine in other teams, but our midfield has the potential imo to outplay any other team''s midfield. 

I don''t subscribe to the so called realistic view  of people who judge and value every player by statistics/international caps etc etc.    In my view, you have to be positive about the prospects and recognise that the Norwich midfield, with the players we now have, has the potential to be a fantastic midfield force this season.    As good as any out there.  

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]

[quote user="Webbo118"]Gotter ?  With respect, I think you need to do a bit more work before you sit your English GCSE.[/quote]

You spotted a typo, well done you! With respect, I don''t think I will re-sit my English GCSE and instead continue to rely on my degree and professional qualifications but thanks for your input .

I might have overstated the case regarding the midfield (and definitely overlooked Spurs) but I am really excited by the group of players we have and there is so much potential to improve

[/quote]You''ve got a degree and you used ''gotter''? [:|]''Gopt a'' ''git a'' ''hot a'' would be typos. ''Gotter'' is just wanton destruction of the English language.......

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Would add Swansea, Spurs, Fulham and Everton to that.

Liverpool''s midfield is also better, how many of their midfielders would get into ours ? Probably all of them, how many of ours would get into theirs, probably none.

I dont understand how you can make these assumptions, Snodgrass hasnt

proved anything in the premier league yet and Howson had only half a

season.

Our midfield is just above average for the permier league IMO.[/quote]Would you really rather have Downing instead of Pilkington?  And have Spearing, Shelvey, Adam etc in our team?? I wouldn''t. I''d take Liverpools defence though!!!!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]Would add Swansea, Spurs, Fulham and Everton to that.

I dont understand how you can make these assumptions, Snodgrass hasnt proved anything in the premier league yet and Howson had only half a season.

Our midfield is just above average for the permier league IMO.[/quote]

Would you really rather have Downing instead of Pilkington?  And have Spearing, Shelvey, Adam etc in our team?? I wouldn''t.
I''d take Liverpools defence though!!!!
[/quote]

I''d take Henderson, Lucas, Joe Cole and Aquilani straight away. And wouldn''t mind Gerrard either and Charlie Adam is probably as good as anyone in the Norwich midfield (certainly an improvement on Lappin)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]Would add Swansea, Spurs, Fulham and Everton to that.

I dont understand how you can make these assumptions, Snodgrass hasnt proved anything in the premier league yet and Howson had only half a season.

Our midfield is just above average for the permier league IMO.[/quote]

Would you really rather have Downing instead of Pilkington?  And have Spearing, Shelvey, Adam etc in our team?? I wouldn''t.
I''d take Liverpools defence though!!!!
[/quote]

I''d take Henderson, Lucas, Joe Cole and Aquilani straight away. And wouldn''t mind Gerrard either and Charlie Adam is probably as good as anyone in the Norwich midfield (certainly an improvement on Lappin)

[/quote]

Now you''ve got to be joking........................

[quote user="Lionel Wessi"]

[/quote]

I agree and am hopeful that the coming season will more than match the last one.

Swansea''s midfield is very good still, despite losing Sigurdson from under their nose, and Allen (if the deal is completed).Britton SinclairDyerGowerOrlandi

Can''t forget us lot at QPR.

Barton

Diakite

Faurlin

Park

Taraabt

Swp

Mackie

Hoilett

Derry.

Also apparently we have agreed terms ect with ki.

Don''t see many midfields beating that.

[quote user="Mike"]Can''t forget us lot at QPR. Barton Diakite Faurlin Park Taraabt Swp Mackie Hoilett Derry. Also apparently we have agreed terms ect with ki. Don''t see many midfields beating that.[/quote]

Yeah, but can they play together in the same team??    Or as a team??  

And you can only play four or five of them at once.

Can''t see the rest sitting patiently in the background .............unless, oh yes, I forgot, they are getting silly money to keep the bench warm.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Mike"]Can''t forget us lot at QPR. Barton Diakite Faurlin Park Taraabt Swp Mackie Hoilett Derry. Also apparently we have agreed terms ect with ki. Don''t see many midfields beating that.[/quote]

Yeah, but can they play together in the same team??    Or as a team??  

And you can only play four or five of them at once.

Can''t see the rest sitting patiently in the background .............unless, oh yes, I forgot, they are getting silly money to keep the bench warm.

[/quote]

Silly money You know the figures? Tony knows what he is doing. It''s about having squad depth with quality look what happened when we lost faurlin we was a mess at least now there is good quality subs.

Recalling our tactics and possession stats last season I would say our midfield required some improving. Only when Howson was introduced and we were virtually safe did we adopt a more passing approach, rather than pragmatic and energetic. I am pleased with the players we have signed, and believe those that played last season will improve this, but we are a long way off shouting it from the rooftops. Ps Downing & co destroyed us in April

Bit early to say I think. Whether our midfield is any good surely depends on how they play together. Three of them played together at Elland Road and they didn''t exactly set the world alight.

Who has more midfielders I counted at least 12 and 10 defenders if Snoddy and Turner join, still need top class RB and additional striker.

Midfield is the strong point of the team and made stronger due to the competition for places by so many good players. Although some players appear to have a mortgage on a starting position - up to at least 9 players can be considered possible starters at midfield. On the other hand , the competition for a place in defence is strong, created through the lack of quality.

[quote user="Mike"]Can''t forget us lot at QPR. 
Barton << LOL - suspended for 25% of the season already (plus the others he will accumulate next year) and disruptive influence. No thanks.
Diakite << Good player
Faurlin << No better than most of our Midfield
Park << Decent player on his day but not played a huge amount of football for a few years now. Think he will fade by Xmas.
Taraabt << Exceptional 10% of the time, anonymous 90% of it 
Swp << Way past his prime, over-rated and living on his former glories
Mackie << Strongly linked to be leaving you, so irrelevant as likely to be playing against you next season.
Hoilett << Quality player, the only player in your midfield who is top class, would really have liked us to sign him
Derry << Top end Champs player at best

Don''t see many midfields beating that.[/quote]
You seem not to have noticed, but you had most of those players on your books last season and scraped survival by the skin of your teeth. You lot think you''re better than you really are. Too many individuals, can''t play as a team, I''m much happier with our midfield than I would be with yours, despite your overpaid and over-rated big names.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Mike"]Can''t forget us lot at QPR. 
Barton << LOL - suspended for 25% of the season already (plus the others he will accumulate next year) and disruptive influence. No thanks.
Diakite << Good player
Faurlin << No better than most of our Midfield
Park << Decent player on his day but not played a huge amount of football for a few years now. Think he will fade by Xmas.
Taraabt << Exceptional 10% of the time, anonymous 90% of it 
Swp << Way past his prime, over-rated and living on his former glories
Mackie << Strongly linked to be leaving you, so irrelevant as likely to be playing against you next season.
Hoilett << Quality player, the only player in your midfield who is top class, would really have liked us to sign him
Derry << Top end Champs player at best

Don''t see many midfields beating that.[/quote]
You seem not to have noticed, but you had most of those players on your books last season and scraped survival by the skin of your teeth. You lot think you''re better than you really are. Too many individuals, can''t play as a team, I''m much happier with our midfield than I would be with yours, despite your overpaid and over-rated big names.
[/quote]

Once again Norwich pull out the team work card what makes you think we can''t play as a team full pre season together won every match 5-0 5-0 2-1 all goals setup by great teamwork.

Faurlin no better than your midfield? Don''t make me laugh statistcally the 2nd best midfield before he got injured if I remember correctly other teams noticed arsenal and real Madrid was report to be weighing up a offer before his injury.

Taraabt is a difficult one on his day he can win a game on his own great thing is under Hughes he has changed a better player with consistency.

I will enjoy watching us play you next with our overrated overpayed players (nobody know how much they earn)

Our team is looking strong very strong now just need this ki midfielder and a cb apparently we are in advanced talks with c samba then we are all good to go :)