Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Official Norwich city site

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Oh dear.............just tried the new site.   Typical of kind site where the website builders have tried to cram too much in.   If it takes that long to load up every time, I shan''t be going there much....................

[/quote]

It ruddy stinks imo, its too slow, and I have a fast connection, player is jerky regardless of which setting you use...I''ll give it a month and if there''s no improvement I''ll pull my direct debits.

I''m really confused, the original page just says something about expiring. So then I get taken to the Canaries player page.... is that what the new site is? Everything bundled onto the Canaries player?

... What.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]No I think they probably have a fault with it, give them a few days to sort[/quote]How hard is it to test these things BEFORE they go live?(Apologies for the negative vibe YC)

Are the adversting logos at the bottom some sort of one-arm-bandit game? If I make them all display Lotus at the same time do i win a prize?

every time I try to log into player I get the OOPS comment try logging in the above search line and guess what I get the same comment come back, Pete what am I doing wrong?

Still not working for me, everytime I click on a news story I get an error message.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]I''m sure someone will point out more eloquently than me, Swindoncanary, but Norwich are not in the Football League interactive (FLi) network. (for the coming season, anyway)[/quote]Click on the "terms of use" link on the new website and you''ll read "

The Website is operated by FL Interactive Limited (Company Number 04112553),

whose registered address is c/o The Football League Limited, 5B Edward VII Quay,

Navigation Way, Ashton on Ribble, Preston, PR2 2YF ("FLi").

"So it''s basically just a new theme for the FLI CMS.

It''s because they decided to launch the new website the same day as the new kit.

School boy error

It''s really not that bad.Have I seen better presented sites? - absolutely, is it a badly designed and slow POS? - absolutely not.It may well be aimed towards a younger demographic, but it''s not hard to navigate around and has more info readily available on the front page.It''s just an average site, not bad but nothing special either.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]It''s because they decided to launch the new website the same day as the new kit.

School boy error[/quote]They should have leaked the shirts the day before to dilute the traffic.Anyway, the site is far too cluttered up.  It''s another example of when you can over-do things in an attempt to impress. For example when a chief over decorates a dish.  Less is more

[quote user="cityangel"]

Still not working for me, everytime I click on a news story I get an error message.

[/quote]

With my new techno abilities would you like a lesson Angel but i do have to say i am not over impressed with the new site ? Not that easy to find what you are looking for.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

With my new techno abilities would you like a lesson Angel but i do have to say i am not over impressed with the new site ? Not that easy to find what you are looking for.

[/quote]

The day you can teach me anything about computers is the day I will give up Mr Tilly [:)] So c''mon then who taught you how to put pictures up?

As for the ncfc site, its working ok for me now, as with any new site it takes a while to find your way round it but its more colourful and I think its a big improvement on the old one.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The day you can teach me anything about computers is the day I will give up Mr Tilly [:)] So c''mon then who taught you how to put pictures up?

As for the ncfc site, its working ok for me now, as with any new site it takes a while to find your way round it but its more colourful and I think its a big improvement on the old one.

[/quote]

How are the video''s working for youAngel? at my end its jerky and unwatchable........I Player,You Tube are all fine.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Call me old fashioned, I prefer a home page where you can easily read where you want to go.  This site is designed for people who only read comics...............

And it still takes too long to load up................and no, my computer is fine before you tell me to go and buy a new one...........

[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself. [:)]

Indeed.It''s pretty bloody awful. As LDC said, I don''t have a bad computer, hell it''s brand new and my internet connection is pretty decent but it connects so slowly and navigating it is awful.

Yes it is loading up slowly today but it was only released on Friday night and with all new ventures they probably have got a few teethig problems which I''m sure they will sort out in the next few days.

I really don''t like the way news stories are split across several pages (which take ages to load). What''s worse is, sometimes lines of text get cut off at the bottom of each page. Hopefully it gets sorted.