Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

QPR tickets

Got mine too.

Seems ridiculous that a team that just scraped survival is classed as a Grade A game though. I suppose it is the first home game of the season though

Was also alarming how few seats were available at 9am compared to last year :/

Wasn''t nearly every game last season Grade A?

I''m fairly sure I read posts moaning about that, I don''t pay too much attention to what grade the game is as I have a season ticket.

Got mine too, bloody expensive, 56 quid for the Jarrold Block L (I value view over atmosphere for the home games, must be getting old!) Total piss take to have QPR as a A game,  fair enough to pay this for Man U etc. but is well OTT for QPR.Still, couldn''t resist, will need the petrol for a round trip from Sheffield as well, more fool me!

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]Got mine too, bloody expensive, 56 quid for the Jarrold Block L (I value view over atmosphere for the home games, must be getting old!)

Total piss take to have QPR as a A game,  fair enough to pay this for Man U etc. but is well OTT for QPR.

Still, couldn''t resist, will need the petrol for a round trip from Sheffield as well, more fool me!

[/quote]

For this season there is an A+ category above A, but even so QPR as an A game is not justified. It is a B category at best.

[quote user="87canary"]Got mine too. Seems ridiculous that a team that just scraped survival is classed as a Grade A game though. I suppose it is the first home game of the season though Was also alarming how few seats were available at 9am compared to last year :/[/quote]

Yes got tickets but once again could not get two together (in a decent viewing position).

It is a concern that seemingly few tickets are available when they first go on sale. It is a number of games since block H in the Jarrold has been available to home support. Wolves is the last game that I can recollect. Certainly it was available for the QPR game last year. Has the club been told to make more tickets available to the away team? Does anybody know?

If that is so it is going to be a struggle for even super members to pick up tickets this season as demand will far exceed supply.

COYY

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]Got mine too, bloody expensive, 56 quid for the Jarrold Block L (I value view over atmosphere for the home games, must be getting old!)

Total piss take to have QPR as a A game,  fair enough to pay this for Man U etc. but is well OTT for QPR.

Still, couldn''t resist, will need the petrol for a round trip from Sheffield as well, more fool me!

[/quote]

For this season there is an A+ category above A, but even so QPR as an A game is not justified. It is a B category at best.

[/quote]

There was A+ last year too wasn''t there?

Given the level of demand for tickets, I think this clearly is an A game. Surely, the first home game of the season, the last game of the season, and the big guns in between will all be at least rated A.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]

[quote user="87canary"]Got mine too. Seems ridiculous that a team that just scraped survival is classed as a Grade A game though. I suppose it is the first home game of the season though Was also alarming how few seats were available at 9am compared to last year :/[/quote]

Yes got tickets but once again could not get two together (in a decent viewing position).

It is a concern that seemingly few tickets are available when they first go on sale. It is a number of games since block H in the Jarrold has been available to home support. Wolves is the last game that I can recollect. Certainly it was available for the QPR game last year. Has the club been told to make more tickets available to the away team? Does anybody know?

If that is so it is going to be a struggle for even super members to pick up tickets this season as demand will far exceed supply.

COYY

[/quote]

I don''t find it surprising that QPR fans are travelling in large numbers for their first away game of the season.

Since the Wolves game, we''ve played against Everton at Easter, Man City, Liverpool and Villa. They naturally all have big away followings. That is why block H was not available to home fans.

It will be available during the course of the season I''m sure.

I don''t understand the general sense of surprise that there is a very high level of deman for tickets for our first home game of the season.

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Given the level of demand for tickets, I think this clearly is an A game. Surely, the first home game of the season, the last game of the season, and the big guns in between will all be at least rated A.

[/quote]

No. I don''t believe so. It was As, Bs and Cs only. As to your argument, I disagree. I doubt it being the first game of the season has come into the reckoning at Carrow Road. And making QPR an A sets a level. What fixtures would be rated below QPR to go into the B and C categories? Reading and Wigan probably. Swansea and Stoke possibly. WBA at a pinch. Not many.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. I don''t believe so. It was As, Bs and Cs only. As to your argument, I disagree. I doubt it being the first game of the season has come into the reckoning at Carrow Road. And making QPR an A sets a level. What fixtures would be rated below QPR to go into the B and C categories? Reading and Wigan probably. Swansea and Stoke possibly. WBA at a pinch. Not many.

[/quote]

Sorry Purple but there were A+ games last season.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fairly obviously to me at least, the tickets with a lower rating than QPR will be those for which it is anticipated that there will be less demand. 

What grade was Villa on the last day of last season? I''m fairly sure it was an A. If that wasn''t down to likely levels of demand, what was it? Also, do you think that the big teams are rated as the higher grade just because there big teams, or because there will be greater demand for tickets?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Purple but there were A+ games last season.

[/quote]

John, if you''re sure then I apologise for misleading. I am still surprised, because I was keeping a check (confirmed by a reliable source) and only noticed three categories - A (10 games),  B (eight games) and C (one game). And I have in front of me a list of what were the prices for only three categories -  from £43,  from £33 and from £28. The trouble is that if you Google this stuff now and try links to the relevant stories on the official site you get sent to the current home page, rather than the particular story, so I don''t seem to be able to check further.

Presumably what happened, if you''re right, was that some of what I thought were As were classified or reclassified as A+ without me noticing. But that doesn''t alter my argument, which was that putting only one game out of 19 in the bottom category isn''t fair. And classifying QPR as an A is not a good sign that the system will be fairer this year. Of course the ground will probably be full for pretty much every game. But this is not the way to attract the next generation, to fill a 35,000-seat stadium.

John / Purple

When the ticket price matrix was released pre-season last time around, there were just three categories, A, B & C. There has been a A+ category previously, but not last season.

[quote user="GMF"]John / Purple When the ticket price matrix was released pre-season last time around, there were just three categories, A, B & C. There has been a A+ category previously, but not last season.[/quote]

Indeed, GMF. Thanks. That is what my records show. Whether an A+ category was added during the season is possible, of course.

Although I didn''t have reason to check every game, being a season ticket holder, I know my sister paid Grade A prices for Chelsea and Man City games

They''re adding a further 4,000 seats which will take them to 30,000 when complete. They''re adding a extra tier to the Riverside stand

I have a season ticket, so did not need to purchase one for this game, but I did go no there to see if ant ticket were for sale in front of the hotel. Non there, is it still planned ?