Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Villa tells Lambert. ............

Apparently Randy Lerner is just about to sell his 70% stake in the Cleveleand Browns NFL team which should net him a cool 600 million USD.

He has told Lambert though not to expect any new cash injection for players.

Sorry for another Lambert & Villa thread but I just think this is hilarious.

Looks like Lambo has made a glaring error is choosing these idiots. Oh well, you make your own bed........as they say!!!!!!

All the way with Chrissy H

OTBC

He''s already splashed loads of cash with Vlaar last week and Matt Lowton and Karim El Ahmadi a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn''t read too much into that [:D]

In addition to them hes got  a big enough decent enough squad, he just needs to get them motivated and playing as a close knit team and believing in themselves like he did us.

1.  Given

2.  Marshall

Defenders

1.  Hutton

2.  Warnock

3. Dunne

4.  Collins

5.  Clark

6.  Stevens

7. Lichaj

8.  Baker

9. Williams

Midfielders

1.  Ireland

2.  N''Zogbia

3.  Albrighton

4.  Delph

5. Petrov ( ill)

6.  Bannan

7.  Herd

8. Johnson

9.  Gardner

10.  Carruthers

11. Makoun

Forwards

1.  Bent

2.  Agbonlahor

3.  Delfouneso

4.  Weimann

5.  Burke

6. Holman

[quote user="cityangel"]

He''s already splashed loads of cash with Vlaar last week and Matt Lowton and Karim El Ahmadi a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn''t read too much into that [:D]

In addition to them hes got  a big enough decent enough squad, he just needs to get them motivated and playing as a close knit team and believing in themselves like he did us.

1.  Given

2.  Marshall

Defenders

1.  Hutton

2.  Warnock

3. Dunne

4.  Collins

5.  Clark

6.  Stevens

7. Lichaj

8.  Baker

9. Williams

Midfielders

1.  Ireland

2.  N''Zogbia

3.  Albrighton

4.  Delph

5. Petrov ( ill)

6.  Bannan

7.  Herd

8. Johnson

9.  Gardner

10.  Carruthers

11. Makoun

Forwards

1.  Bent

2.  Agbonlahor

3.  Delfouneso

4.  Weimann

5.  Burke

6. Holman

[/quote]

Did Vlaar and El Ahmadi actually happen. I last heard that Vlaar put a cut-off time of last Friday (I think) and then the move was off.

I thought to date all they have spent was the 3m for Lowton.

I tell you what also.

You look across there squad and apart from Dunne, Herd, Agbonlahor and possibly Brett Holman I reckon our squad is heads and shoulders better than Villas.

Don''t forget Darren Bent as well. You can''t argue with his goal record in recent years. I think I read somewhere that only Drogba and Rooney have scored more in the last 5 or 6 years. Although you can probably add Van Persie to that after last season.

Vlaar signed after Villa apology over transfer delay about £3m, Lowton and african about £5m so some money available, but the squad packed with unproven kids.  Bent excepted look light up front.  They might be world beaters but doesn''t look the strongest on paper Lambo will have to work his magic, I can see a struggle at Villa but maybe wishful thinking.

On paper the Leeds team we beat to the League 1 title probably looked stronger than ours. The fact we have signed 3 of their midfield from that year backs this up. So don''t underestimate his ability to forge a winning team. He has got some proven Premiership performers in there so I think he does have the ingredients to forge a decent side for next season. He will make a success of that job for me.

But interestingly apart from the games at Villa Park and Carrow Road it would seem the paths of Villa and Norwich aren''t going to cross very often. It doesn''t appear that they have the financial muscle to come in for our better players.

I wouldn''t have said Lambert had particularly splashed big cash at all, but nor has Hughton; right now I would have said our signings were better looking (particularly as Lambert had been after Snoddy for ages) but there is still time to go for at to change.

I didn''t include Bent becuase he always seems to be injured or missing easy goals.

But I did he that statistic also about him scoring the most goals apart from Rooney etc.

Still think our squad looks stronger even with PL''s abilities being taken into consideration.

If I''m honest they should (on paper) get roughly the same sort of point tally we do.... but we shall see (HOPE NOT!)

Bent and N''Zogbia are their two ''standout'' players but our own options in most cases are as good as what they have or better.I''d take our keepers, midfield and strike force (Bent accepted) over theirs every day of the week, and given improvements/development - our defence as well...

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]

You know full well why there is "Obsession". It''s about seeing how well Lambert is doing since he moved on. Whether it be bitter or well meant, it''s going to be there.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]If it had been Rogers instead of PL getting the Villa job, I''d have still found the situation hilarious and like to hear about it.The idea that the owner can make 700m or so on a business deal and not increase funding for players is extremely funny, especially when the manager claimed they were a ''bigger'' club when leaving his old one, the fact that it''s PL is just the cherry on top...

I don''t know who''s more obsessed.. those that post on here about Lambert or those that post on here that we shouldn''t post about Lambert...THERE''S ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT!!!!!...

I dont think its an obsession, I think people are just going to watch Lambert''s progress with Villa and hope that he doesnt do as well as us [:)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]If it had been Rogers instead of PL getting the Villa job, I''d have still found the situation hilarious and like to hear about it.The idea that the owner can make 700m or so on a business deal and not increase funding for players is extremely funny, especially when the manager claimed they were a ''bigger'' club when leaving his old one, the fact that it''s PL is just the cherry on top...[/quote]Thing is it''s just media speculation and BS.Firstly if we were going to increase the transfer budget it''d make no sense saying so, as clubs would immediately hike up any price for their players, and most importantly the deal is expected to be concluded in Sept after the transfer window is closed anyway.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I dont think its an obsession, I think people are just going to watch Lambert''s progress with Villa and hope that he doesnt do as well as us [:)]

[/quote]I don''t know, I''d be delighted if he took Villa from League One back to the Premier League.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think posting a list of no less than 28 players for a club you do not support IS an obsession so sorry Angel watching on Sky Sports for their results is one thing but an in depth analysis of who is on their books is way OTT.

I copied that from another website, so took me all of 2 mins to post it, so no depth analysis was required on my part.

Just type'''' aston villa squad ''''into google and you get the full squad on sites like this. eurorivals.net/squad/aston-villa.html

Was just backing up my post in reply to the op with facts , so rest easy there''s no obsession

[quote user="cityangel"]

Just type'''' aston villa squad ''''into google and you get the full squad

[/quote]

Sorry but i would rather watch paint dry or read a Bly thread. [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]I''ve never started a post on Lambert or Villa, but I must admit, I will be keeping a close eye on them, unlike some I don''t wish him any success. I felt the same when Ron Saunders, John Bond and Mike Walker left us a ''better'' team. I personally hope Villa get relegated.  

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Steady on there Tilly [:O]

[quote user="swindoncanary"][quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]

I''ve never started a post on Lambert or Villa, but I must admit, I will be keeping a close eye on them, unlike some I don''t wish him any success. I felt the same when Ron Saunders, John Bond and Mike Walker left us a ''better'' team. I personally hope Villa get relegated.  
[/quote]

I hope they finish beneath us too [:)] and I will be watching out for their results, sorry if that annoys anyone!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"][quote user="Webbo118"]Why this continuing obsession? Who cares?[/quote]

I''ve never started a post on Lambert or Villa, but I must admit, I will be keeping a close eye on them, unlike some I don''t wish him any success. I felt the same when Ron Saunders, John Bond and Mike Walker left us a ''better'' team. I personally hope Villa get relegated.  
[/quote]

I hope they finish beneath us too [:)] and I will be watching out for their results, sorry if that annoys anyone!

[/quote]

I watch out for the results of countless other Clubs, including Villa. Don''t normally take it too much further than that. All a question of degree I suppose.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As long as Villa are not responsible for us finishing in the bottom three who really cares if they finish beneath us or not unless of course you have a bitter taste in your mouth over Lambert and wish he falls flat on his face or are obsessed with Villa.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

As long as Villa are not responsible for us finishing in the bottom three who really cares if they finish beneath us or not unless of course you have a bitter taste in your mouth over Lambert and wish he falls flat on his face or are obsessed with Villa.[/quote]

I''ll go for I hope he falls flat on his face [:D]