Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Vurnon Anita

Don''t think he''d be in a hurry to leave Ajax for us after the performance tonight. Pretty sure it''s all far fetched speculation anyway and, if he did join a premiership side, it''d be a team with European football aspirations...

Newcastle are meant to be very keen on him. So I think he will end going there if he does move. But you would think full back would be his most likely route into the team given the form of Tiote.

Maybe.. the lure of the Premiership is a big thing though and funnier things have happened. Still doubt we could afford it though as they were talking about £8m before!

[quote user="Wishbone"]Don''t think he''d be in a hurry to leave Ajax for us after the performance tonight. Pretty sure it''s all far fetched speculation anyway and, if he did join a premiership side, it''d be a team with European football aspirations...[/quote]I thought he passed the ball brilliantly well and seemed strong. He could be the defensive midfielder that is clearly required, plus he can play as a full-back. Ajax had several players worth considering.One thing in our favour is that they can travel very quickly to and from Amsterdam & Norwich so it would be very easy for them to get back when they have time off.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Wishbone"]Don''t think he''d be in a hurry to leave Ajax for us after the performance tonight. Pretty sure it''s all far fetched speculation anyway and, if he did join a premiership side, it''d be a team with European football aspirations...[/quote]

I thought he passed the ball brilliantly well and seemed strong. He could be the defensive midfielder that is clearly required, plus he can play as a full-back. Ajax had several players worth considering.

One thing in our favour is that they can travel very quickly to and from Amsterdam & Norwich so it would be very easy for them to get back when they have time off.
[/quote]

Not if they have to drive to Stansted first...

Saying that, I was on the same easy jet flight from Barcelona to Liverpool with Roberto Martinez in 2011 after Barce beat Man utd in the champions league...no joke! Prudence, he should be NCFC manager!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Yellow Blood - I would have thought a Premiership footballer would be able to afford the cost of a flight from Norwich to Amsterdam........[/quote]

Yes but according to Mr Cavendish, Norwich Airport is going to be developed for housing and the nearest airport will be Stansted.