Sign in to follow this  
Kojak

Opening ceremony

[quote user="scrappy33"]Its still only on D.....[/quote]Haha I know! wondered why it was 3 and a half hours long, now I realise!Haha, wanna see team Gb then go to bed. is there much after the athletes walk out?

the torch being lit, looks as if its going to be beckham but he might just be the ''vendor''

German guy giving his athletes a Nazi salute, doubt that''ll go down well tomorrow.

I''m not sure that the Government will appreciate the portrayal of the NHS being attacked by them!

Well done Danny Boyle. Marvellous leftie presentation which will impress our potentially biggest future market....China.

Clever.Very clever. Music brilliant too.

After the initial kids choirs which were good I was starting to get a bit embarrassed by the twee country scene! But then Boyle just blew it out of the water with the transition to industry and the ring creation. Fantastic, made me very proud.

[quote user="Herman "]The Queen looked excited[:|][/quote]
I haven''t been watching and the only bit I have seen of her was when she was picking at her nails. Thousands of people would of loved to have been there and she shows that kind of disrespect.
Davo

Started strongly but this last bit is dragging. Not sure what was worse the Arctic Monkeys or Coe''s speech

[quote user="Mahogany"]Started strongly but this last bit is dragging. Not sure what was worse the Arctic Monkeys or Coe''s speech[/quote]
And to think they cut some bmx stunts from the show because it was too long......
They should of cut a poor poor performance by McCartney and made the athletes walk faster. Also cutting out all the French crap would of helped. I felt sorry for those guys, most bmx''ers aren''t from privileged backgrounds, they would of worked hard and got cut for that crap at the end.
Davo

Should have cut McCartney out, should have cut out the French announcements (seriously, WHY?!), should have cut Coe''s speech & the French Olympic President''s speech, and kept the BMX and more fireworks. Loved the Monkeys and Mr Bean though.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Should have cut McCartney out, should have cut out the French announcements (seriously, WHY?!), should have cut Coe''s speech & the French Olympic President''s speech, and kept the BMX and more fireworks. Loved the Monkeys and Mr Bean though.
[/quote]

Because the official language of the IOC is French. So it has to be.

I thought the whole thing was class, but thats what we have...class. We didnt spend trillions and let 6 yeas old kids build it like the chinese because we have class, we added a bit of humour in there because we have class, it wasn''t OTT like when the yanks did it, but the copper bowls "flame" thing at the end....pure class...

...and remember, when some of you lot think about giving it the "bluddy Lundun" next time...ask yourself, what other city in our fine land could have done that?! exactly.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I thought the whole thing was class, but thats what we have...class. We didnt spend trillions and let 6 yeas old kids build it like the chinese because we have class, we added a bit of humour in there because we have class, it wasn''t OTT like when the yanks did it, but the copper bowls "flame" thing at the end....pure class...

...and remember, when some of you lot think about giving it the "bluddy Lundun" next time...ask yourself, what other city in our fine land could have done that?! exactly.[/quote]It was better than I thought it would be.  In as much as isn''t wasn''t poncey or attempted to please other nations for the sake of it.  It was very British and if other countries didn''t get it parts of it... well that''s tough luck.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]
and remember, when some of you lot think about giving it the "bluddy Lundun" next time...ask yourself, what other city in our fine land could have done that?! exactly.[/quote]
I don''t understand what you''re trying to say here? Admittedly the Olympic flame speedboating up the Wensum wouldn''t have the same dramatic effect, but the rest of the show was confined to a stadium and was delivered by people from all over the UK. Why could no other city have put on a show inside a stadium? That point makes little sense to me, so please elaborate and help me comprehend it?