Sign in to follow this  
calriv

"Celtic sign Vaughan on season-long loan"

I think Jackson is quite a decent little player and actually I don''t think some of his all round play gets the credit it deserves.

Just because you''re running around a lot doesn''t mean you''re not doing something useful. Jackson is good at linking up play by covering a lot of ground and giving his colleagues an option.

There was a couple of times last year when Jackson was branded greedy for taking on a couple of shots he shouldn''t have but that was unfair on him because he''s not a greedy player at all, he works hard for his team. He just wanted/needed a goal and made the wrong decision - something that every player will be guilty of.

Another benefit we''ve had from having Jackson in the team in the past is that he forces the opposition defence to hold a deeper line because they''re worried about him getting in behind and therefore we''re allowed more space infrtont of them.

However, Vaughan is looking like he could carry a bigger threat because he is that much more physically stonger.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I find it quite interesting the varying views on Jackson. Yesterday LDC said he could be top scorer, And today he''s being called the wink leak. He''s always divided opinion, I personally see him as more huff and puff than output/ability. But that''s what we love in England isn''t it? For me, Vaughan has the pace and movement of Jackson but so much more ability, and if he goes out on loan, I''ll be shocked.[/quote]

Thanks for plugging my view GP!! [:)]

I remember Jackson''s goals - the volley against Swansea (his first for the club?)  and then his hat trick, and the winner against Derby - oh and the winner against portsmouth.   You can''t really say he hasn''t performed.   He has only been used intermittently and when he has had a run in the team he has scored.    I don''t know what more a player can do.    Ok he misses afew chances - but  so does Defoe, Sturridge, Welbeck etc. Confidence is the big factor there.    To come in occasionally and take your chances at the highest level is not easy.    He has been third in the pecking order ever since he got here.  a run in theteam would do his confidence the world of good.  That is why that I said he could turn into a top scorer.   But its up to him to take his chance when he gets it. 

James Nursey is usually right and he says:

James Nursey@JamesNursey

Hughton to move out J Vaughan or Jackson to bring in new striker. CH anxious to get more of an goal threat. looking abroad for VFM

I''m a big Jackson fan and i think he was unlucky not to score more than he did last season. I think he was unlucky not to play more too. He''s actually good at linking play and keeping hold of the ball whilst waiting for support. Not exactly a bad finisher either and has enough pace to be considered the quicky alongside two front men.

rather have martin out who doesn''t preform anywhere near good enough, rather keep jackson and vaughan two good hard workers!

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m a big Jackson fan and i think he was unlucky not to score more than he did last season.[/quote]Why?In the CCC he''d only managed 4 in 32 before his 6 game hot streak to end the season off, and last season he was replicating the exact same poor form - except without the purple patch to make it more palateable...The only time he''s been prolific is at L1/L2 level with Gillingham and since then he''s badly struggled for consistency and shot accuracy.I won''t deny he''s a hard worker and offers occasionally good link-up play etc, but I have no confidence in his finishing ability at this level at all.We need better in the event of injuries etc.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="hogesar"]I''m a big Jackson fan and i think he was unlucky not to score more than he did last season.[/quote]Why?In the CCC he''d only managed 4 in 32 before his 6 game hot streak to end the season off, and last season he was replicating the exact same poor form - except without the purple patch to make it more palateable...The only time he''s been prolific is at L1/L2 level with Gillingham and since then he''s badly struggled for consistency and shot accuracy.I won''t deny he''s a hard worker and offers occasionally good link-up play etc, but I have no confidence in his finishing ability at this level at all.We need better in the event of injuries etc.doesn''t matter if you score at the start or the end of the season, as long as your scoring goals thats what matters.

[/quote]

chris matins do score a good few free kick but he wouldn''t score more than jackson playing as a striker, and if martins moving to attacking mid i don''t think he''ll get a game because we have a lot better in that position. And also i believe we need a fast snappy hard working player like simeon

Absolutely!!  Let''s no worry about skill or outcomes.  Hard work is all that counts.   I''m accepting of course your highly contentious assertion that Martin doesn''t work for these purposes.  Bring back Lee Croft and all our problems will be solved.

[quote user="Che s right hand man "]rather have martin out who doesn''t preform anywhere near good enough, rather keep jackson and vaughan two good hard workers![/quote]That''s it, chuck the technically gifted player out because he doesn''t run enough for you...I can understand in regards to Vaughan as he has effort AND end product, but where this Jackson fascination comes from is beyond me as he''s all effort and very little end product...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
I can understand in regards to Vaughan as he has effort AND end product, but where this Jackson fascination comes from is beyond me as he''s all effort and very little end product...
[/quote]

To be fair, we''re yet to see Vaughan produce in a Norwich shirt in competitive game. He caused Ajax one or two problems but he is going to be coming up against much stronger defences in the Premier League.

From what I''ve seen of the guy in the past I am very hopeful that he will be a good player for us but so far he hasn''t proven himself for Norwich or in the Premier League really.

Now just to play devils advocate in this long running saga but i recall a few years ago when there was uproar regarding the departure of Dean Ashton to West Ham and the range of comments from him being a Judas for jumping ship to lack of ambition on behalf of NCFC for grabbing the dosh from the Hammers.

Neil Doncaster told the SCG that the clubs medical advice was that Dean would not be playing professional football by the time he was 29 so £7.5 million was foolish to turn down.We know that unfortunately for Dean that medical advice turned out to be spot on so how do we know what the club may have been advised with regard to Vaughan with his poor record of various injuries going back several years now.

Just saying...........

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

James Nursey is usually right and he says:

James Nursey@JamesNursey

Hughton to move out J Vaughan or Jackson to bring in new striker. CH anxious to get more of an goal threat. looking abroad for VFM

[/quote]

What (or who) is VFM?

i think selling two out of vaughan, martin and jackson is a good idea, even if it meant bringing only one in as a replacement, as long at that one player is genuine quality. I would be more than happy to see that happen, none of them are really first choice strikers at this level. Thanks very much, but your services are no longer required.In fact i suspect its all going 451/433 this season so even 3 strikers would probably be enough as long as they werent really unlucky with injuriesam actually quite happy the way things are shaping up, quite a few people seem to think snodgrass is the ''big'' signing but i think theres something larger on the way

Selling Vaughan would be stupid. He has barely played any games, yet he has had a superb pre-season and fits the mould of ''young and hungry''.

Selling him could be a big mistake. The boy has some serious talent.

several players have been given chances and have not produce, in the prem you can''t give player 10 games to prove themselves capable to play in the team you can only give about 2-3 games because you can''t afford to lose games or miss out on draws in this league. Many players have been given chances and have not proved they are good enough these players need to go and there is no time for sentimental values either your good enough or not, if you want to be in this league you need to compete with the rest of the league if you do not you might as well go back to the championship. 

Huddersfield or Birmingham now according to the Mirror today