Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Whose for the Drop?

Amazed that no-one has even mentioned Fulham! Over the last 6 mths they have lost Zamora, Murphy, Johnson and Pogrebnyak (?). Alo rumours of Dempsey leaving too. There is always at least one team you don''t expect caught up in the relegation scrap.

If we were not City fans then I suspect most of us would have us down as candidates for the drop - lost our Manager who has taken us 50 odd places up the league ladder. Could it be another "Walker" situation where we are relegated the season after losing our highly rated Manager? I would like to think that Hughton is a million miles better than Deehan as a manager and that history will not repeat itself.

I think we need to be realistic and say that we are likely to be in the bottom 7 or 8. Same for Swansea. WBA might struggle if Clarke is another of those good assistant manager who doesn''t make the step up. I get the feeling that Southampton & Reading might do what we and Swansea did last season - there are a lot of similarities as both play good attacking football and have added sensibly to what they have. West Ham may well do a QPR as they seem to be signing over the hill or not so good players. Wigan are likely to be down there and maybe Stoke too.

Of course much depends on what happens over thex next 6 weeks before the window closes.

At this moment I would go for West Ham, Fulham & Wigan.

[quote user="DOGGER"]wigan, wba and westham[/quote]

Same 3 for me.

Think we may flirt with danger for a while but once we get the FA Cup run going during

January and February we will reach safety. Perhaps a journey to wembley to finish the season in style

Why not ?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]West Brom, Southampton, Norwich[/quote]

Nice bit of optimism and faith in CH

If we perform like we did in last 2 games I''d say we have a great chance of surviving and more.

Southampton, QPR and Villa

Reading, Southampton and QPR.Normally I''d think Hughes would do alright, but a poor start means he might well get the boot before he can turn it round. A poor run last season and too many new players this don''t look too handy.

Well without my rose tinted Canaries specs:

Villa, Norwich & Reading.

With rose tinted Canaries specs:

Villa, Reading and Southampton

I''ve got a feeling Southampton will be safe. They''ve just had a very tough start and certainly not disgraced themselves, and have no problem scoring goals.

My tips to go down are West Ham, Reading and Fulham.

[quote user="paul moy"]

I''ve got a feeling Southampton will be safe. They''ve just had a very tough start and certainly not disgraced themselves, and have no problem scoring goals.

My tips to go down are West Ham, Reading and Fulham.

Why Southampton still lost, its not performances it points.

[/quote]

I can''t believe some people on here, our own "FANS" putting us to go down, some fans weve got, theres at the very least 3 worse teams than us and i cant believe the transformation in defence from last season to now .

Im going for southampton, west sham and wigan this year for sure. i would go for reading but i think pogrebnyak was a very good signing for them. Also at the start of the season bet 365 gave me a free two quid bet (least they could do with the 60quid a week i spend on horses and footy) and i placed the free bet on Liverpool at 250-1 to go down. I doubt they will but here''s hoping. OTBC

I do not see Southampton going down , they have put in very impressive displays against both Manchester clubs and scoring is coming easy to them . West Brom , Swansea and West Ham have all had starts beyond their wildest dreams and even Wigan look on the ball early compared to other seasons , Villa looked much improved at Newcastle also.At the moment i would go Reading , Norwich and maybe QPR , i believe our troubles will be in the striking department and have thought that all summer we just do not have one class striker in our squad and come the end of the season we will pay for it .

Agreed Ncfc. We need a proven premiership striker. Someone who has proved they can score at this level. We haven''t got one so I studied last seasons premier league scorers and came to the conclusion we should go for Rooney. Good luck with that....

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]I can''t believe some people on here, our own "FANS" putting us to go down[/quote] I don''t see the problem with some NCFC supporters putting us down for relegation, it''s their opinion. We all have to admit this season will be a lot tougher than the previous one because all the teams have improved and imo we will be right in the relegation battle (hope I am wrong). Just because we''re fans of the club doesn''t mean we should think we''ll be ok.Either way, what ever happens at the end of the season I will still love our club.

I worried after the Fulham game, but after QPR and Spurs I don''t worry about us being safe as much. Yeah sure we didn''t bang in goals against QPR and Spurs, but we won''t have Friedel or another inspired keeper against us every week and won''t get the bad luck we had with pens every game either. You can see the belief is there and the goals will come as it eventually did for Snoddy and I reckon we''ll go on from that now. Also defensively we''ve looked very solid against multi-million pound attacks in the last 2 games with a settled and improved back 4 so I''m not as worried about getting hammered. Why write ourselves off just because Villa had ONE ''inspired'' performance against the Toon (still only got 1 pt and could''ve lost at the end too), because Wigan managed an early win and Southampton played well, but lost twice against the Manchester teams and got beat in between by Wigan? If they keep playing well against the big teams, but ultimately lose and then get beat by the teams like Wigan then why do we assume they''re going to be safe?QPR played better recently (but lost 3-1) and have the resources to buy again in Jan, but are still on 1 lucky pt only and we made them look average. We''ve still got Tettey, Whittaker, Fox and Butterfield to come in yet! (and Bennett to come back) As long as we can keep our back 4 settled and injury-free (plus Ruddy) then I think we''ve got a great base to build on and the midfield will get stronger as we go on with the likes of Snoddy, BJ, Howson and Pilks looking better and better as they learn CH''s way and each other''s styles..Just realised I''m being quite positive here, but I can''t help it after the last 2 games and the belief that is quite apparent just by looking at Snoddy and BJ''s interviews. We deserve to be on 6 instead of 2 pts, but hopefully that luck will even out and the likes of Holt, Moro and Jackson (plus Kane) will start finding the net.

Early days yet, but West Ham, Southampton and QPR. All three seem to be terrible in central defence.

[quote user="Grantham Canary"]I can''t believe some people on here, our own "FANS" putting us to go down, some fans weve got, theres at the very least 3 worse teams than us and i cant believe the transformation in defence from last season to now . Im going for southampton, west sham and wigan this year for sure. i would go for reading but i think pogrebnyak was a very good signing for them. Also at the start of the season bet 365 gave me a free two quid bet (least they could do with the 60quid a week i spend on horses and footy) and i placed the free bet on Liverpool at 250-1 to go down. I doubt they will but here''s hoping. OTBC[/quote]

I prefer objective opinion and fair enough if they think that we will go down I respect that rather than those who continue to think that Chris Martin is the answer to all our problems.  Personally, I think we have just enough to stay up as long as our key players (IMO Holt, Ruddy, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Bassong and Garrido) stay fit and Hughton does not revert to Fulhamesque ideas. It will be a very close thing though.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Reading, Southampton and one from:

Aston Villa, QPR, Swansea, Norwich, Wigan, Stoke, Fulham, Wet Spam and Liverpool

[/quote]

And i bet you reckon The Premiership will be won by Man Utd,Man City,Chelsea,Spurs,Arsenal,Newcastle,Sunderland,West Brom or Everton hey Tangie ?[:D]

Could I suggest QPR (not a team, panic buys) Swansea (They keep losing influential players) and Us (Not enough goals).

or

Reading, Wigan, Southampton

ultimately it''ll be the three teams with the lowest points totals...

Am surprised at the amount of you that think we will go down this season. I don''t know if you are aware but we finished 12TH last time and have massively improved our squad. I think we will be around 10th this time out with west ham Southampton and Wigan down.

Reading only scored 69 goals last season, which was a few as Ipswich in 15th place. And they don''t seemed to have strengthened much there, unless Pogrebnyak comes off in spectacular fashion. As for the other two, you can make a case for at least 10 other clubs, includng ourselves. By the time the next international break comes around teams will have played seven games. Likely candidates might be more obvious then.