Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

I know mocking Leeds fans will never get old, but for today I feel I''ve done my fair share and need to turn my attention to another topic. So I''d like to know what your avatars mean, assuming they''re not blatantly obvious; for example a man peeing on an Ipswich shirt or a picture of your actual face. I''m interested in the story behind the more obscure avatars, and why you decided to choose it  knowing it would represent in some small way your personality.

Mine for example has been my avatar since I joined this forum back in 2004, it is of course Alan Partridge wearing green and yellow from the days he was merely a minor character on ''The Day Today'' in the mid 90''s. I chose him as he is a creation of comedy genius and has made me laugh for many years, plus of course the strong Norwich connection.

What''s the story behind yours?

It''s just a picture that was on the NCFC facebook page before Adam Drury''s testimonial. AD was a player I greatly admired for his loyalty so I decided to have the avatar of his greatest moment-scoring the fourth against Middlesborough back in 2005.

Mine is my cat wearing a tie - for no other reason than I thought it was funny

A very contemporary illustration of Black Shuck, the fabled hell hound of the Norfolk coast.

Known as Padfoot in other parts of the UK I believe. A favourite local story-there is, somewhere in Norfolk, a Church door with ancient claw marks hewn into the ancient wood, said to be those of the big black dog himself as he tried to get in during a thunderstorm.

Chris Martin blazing the ball into the back of the net ( or more likely Row Z )Quite like Chris Martin and felt he could have made something. Although I do think given time he could be a decent holding striker I would agree that the "time" at NCFC is coming to an end.He certainly has the football ability to cut it in the Prem but I think mentally his cut off point is league One !If Chris does move on dunno what Im gonna change it to, maybe Beano blazing it. Although my avatar is generally a player who has moved on ( previous was Cody Mac ) so maybe my avatar choice is the touch of death ? In that case I will be changing it to Moro in the hope he sorts it out of moves on :D

The home dressing room with me in the doorway between the main room and baths (didn''t realise my picture was being taken as I gazed longingly around me).

[quote user="Wiz"]Sign of the inverted seventh Hex.[/quote]Surely you mean.....Sign of the perverted over-sexed! [+o(]

I was looking for an image of a pheonix to celebrate our clubs rebirth during our league one season.

I love the ethereal and the album cover from Depeche Modes Speak & Spell evokes the image of a chimera.

As well as a mythical creature a chimera is also a vain or idle fancy, which suits both the avatar (which is merely a swan on its nest in cellophane and not a mythical creature) and probably my opinions

Mine is a photo I took of The King of Spain wielding the L1 trophy. I had a sense that the club had turned a major corner during that lap of honour. It''s also a recognition that Lapps has been a great servant to the club through some pretty poor treatment.

Mine is the York Minster (the Cathedral here) and it''s one of the biggest of its kind in Europe. It''s beautiful and pretty much dominates the centre of York. I was devastated to leave Norwich at the age of 10 when Nestlé closed down and my parents transferred here, but I''ve grown to love York and it''s similar in many ways to Norwich (Cathedral, viking history, cultural, links with confectionery! etc)

If you ever come to York make sure you check out The Minster amongst many other things

I was born and raised on the central reservation of this iconic railway. The route that led to my beloved Aston V... We, Norwich City.