Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Please don't boo Lambert on his return.

Last week, because of the hurt I felt I would and did say the opposite, but now as the anger passses I can only thank him for the 3 year magical ride he took us on..likewise Holt now.

Could you swallow your pride and applaud them now? Surely we''re big enough for that.. ...aren''t we?

Won''t do either, we''re Norwich City fans and will be focussed on that to be honest.

He''s done a great job, I appreciate it.

I don''t think he''ll get a terribly bad reception, he will get the ''Lambert what''s the score?'' stuff if we''re winning though.

I''d love to see us applaud him to show what great fans we are. But I''d also like to see us wind him up a little too, a sort of tongue in cheek bit of chanting. Someone suggested:Let''s all do the LambertLet''s all do the LambertLA LA LA LA LA(whilst turning around and waving)

I would think this may depend on when the fixture computer throws this game up?. If its the first game of the season whilst its still fresh in peoples minds then there will be boo''s , I for one won''t be able to contain myself.

Hopefully we wont play them at home until April when we''re already 12 points ahead of them and instead of booing we can all take pity on him for making the worst decision in his managerial career.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Last week, because of the hurt I felt I would and did say the opposite, but now as the anger passses I can only thank him for the 3 year magical ride he took us on..likewise Holt now.

Could you swallow your pride and applaud them now? Surely we''re big enough for that.. ...aren''t we?

[/quote]

[IMG]http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/f9c60fb6-a940-4df7-a993-7704d4a74e15.jpg[/IMG]

I''d just love to be singing......"Paul Lambert.....it coulda been you!"

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I''d love to see us applaud him to show what great fans we are. But I''d also like to see us wind him up a little too, a sort of tongue in cheek bit of chanting. Someone suggested:Let''s all do the LambertLet''s all do the LambertLA LA LA LA LA(whilst turning around and waving)

[/quote]I do like this idea :)Its got to be something tounge in cheek and witty if we pay him any attention.Alas, i am sure the Snake pit will chant a very original"Lambert, your a c*nt" as its the best they can normally come up with.........

Wouldn''t waste the energy, I think he''s had enough credit for what he did here but even he obviously realised he needed a change for his career to develop in the way he wanted. He''s just a.n.other teams manager now, some you like some you hate but you get behind your own team and manager meanwhile and quietly rejoice in his downfall as someone who made the wrong choice when it happens.

sorry but I won''t applaud him at all!! yes he took us on a ride but then bailed out before the finish!!! Also would be very disrespectful to the new manager too. thanks for the memories but the future is Lambertless!!!!!! He is now an enemy and we want 6 points off the Villa next season like everybody else!!!!

Why not? We are all football fans and individuals and thus there is often no rhyme or reason to what we do as regards former managers and players - and all other team''s personel if it comes to it.Depends greatly on whether our ex-manager has further hacked us off by his words or actions.

[quote user="baldyboy"]sorry but I won''t applaud him at all!! yes he took us on a ride but then bailed out before the finish!!![/quote]Before the finish? How does that make sense? If he''d stayed another year and got us into the top 10 you''d say he wasn''t finished. If he''d stayed another year and got us into Europe you''d say he wasn''t finished.. Just when exactly would his job be finished? When we start falling backwards and we sack him?

This post reminded me of when we went to Colchester and the home fans gave Lambert terrible stick - before we beat them 5-0! You can be sure that he will have the Villa players highly motivated when they come here! 

I won''t cheer him or boo him. I''ll concentrate on supporting the people representing my team.

Might find room for a little rendition of:

"Leave in the morning, he''s gonna leave in the morning"

Personally i think just chanting new managers name would hurt more

one chrissy hughton

theres only one chrissy hughton

etc

he would prob be thinking b.stards they used to do that for me whilst villa fans are calling for his head cos we are 3.0 up at half time

What''s the point in booing and chanting?

Look what happened when Lambert returned to Colchester. He smiled at the heckling and hugely enjoyed watching his new side hit 5 without return.

He performed miracles here and deserves, in my eyes, a warm applause at the start and end and a few cheeky songs during the match.

Let''s keep our dignity and see modern day football for what it is rather than looking like a bitter and backwards bunch chewing on sour grapes.

Both of my neighbours watch the football on telly as well so they won''t mind a bit of atmosphere......

I hope that when Lambert returns we get a re-run of what happened when Mike Walker returned with his Everton team.

We beat them 3-0 and we spent a lot of time chanting:

Is this what?

Is this what?

Is this what you left us for?

(to the tune of Bread of Heaven)

So you would applaud him if he puts us down ??????

Think of where you loyaltie lie with the..... New manager..

Yes i agree he done a fantastic job...... but let it lie please....

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS....!!!! To infinity and beyond....

[quote user="Jakesacanary"]

So you would applaud him if he puts us down ??????

Think of where you loyaltie lie with the..... New manager..

Yes i agree he done a fantastic job...... but let it lie please....

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS....!!!! To infinity and beyond....

[/quote]

Fair enough ... I wouldn''t applaud him if Villa relegated us on the final day!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

What''s the point in booing and chanting?

Look what happened when Lambert returned to Colchester. He smiled at the heckling and hugely enjoyed watching his new side hit 5 without return.

He performed miracles here and deserves, in my eyes, a warm applause at the start and end and a few cheeky songs during the match.

Let''s keep our dignity and see modern day football for what it is rather than looking like a bitter and backwards bunch chewing on sour grapes.

[/quote]

totally agree but in the heat of the moment I think I may well buckle and give him some sh1t.

This whole saga is a long way from ending yet (ie Holt, Cully, Compo etc) and if we play them and are bottom of the league I think there will be a hige amount of hatered against him.  Likewise if were 10th and comfortable people will be more forgiving.

I wouldn''t boo him, but neither would I go overly positive either. I probably will applaud him before the game. And if we''re winning I''ll probably join in and enjoy sort of "Lambert what''s the score?" type chants to wind him up (and I think with his sense of humour he''d probably appreciate the irony of such chants), but I won''t boo him too aggressively nor will I start up any "one Paul Lambert" chants or anything like that.

We are soon to have a better manager than villa so I will be chanting Hughtons name. I appreciate what he has done but until such time as I see evidence that he is not currently trying to shaft our club then I will view him with suspicion.

Norwich and current manager (hopefully Hughton) will get my full support. However, i will more than likely applaud Lambert. He''d get a standing ovation if it was up to me.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

No, so I am clearly in urgent need of the anger management/counselling course that Wiz has been on.

[/quote]

It may not be a course. Perhaps this new chilled Wiz has something to do with those leaves on his avatar[:^)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Norwich and current manager (hopefully Hughton) will get my full support. However, i will more than likely applaud Lambert. He''d get a standing ovation if it was up to me.[/quote]And as he''s banging you from behind are you going to ask him to pull your hair too?  The guys been an utter tosser since he left the club.  Telling everyone Norwich is a fantastic club from top to bottom then trying to wind up supporters in his not so elegant "I had my reasons" , being coy about whether he is going to bid for our players and that facking stupid wry smile.  He could have left on dignified terms but he chose not too.  Fack him.  The Club now has Chris Hughton which means that it''s gotten better.  I don''t think PL even dreamed that we would get someone like CH to overshadow him so quickly, so he can keep his wry smile, his ego and whatever else he thinks he is.   Vile goes to Vile.

I had a lot of respect for Lambert before he handed in his resignation. This was inevitable at some stage, but it is the two-faced way he has gone about it that is un-forgivable. 

Consider some of his recent comments "I have never said I wanted to leave Norwich" at Adam drury''s Testimonial. Days later he does just that.

"I have not said that I want to sign Grant (Holt)" ."Listen, I haven''t thought about that at all..." Interview in today''s EDP. Well, we''ll have to wait and see, but the weasel words are similar.

"I haven''t thought about that, not one iota". on taking Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa with him. Do we believe that? Can we believe anything he says now? No we can''t. Total loss of credibility as far as I am concerned.

I agree - total silence when he appears out of the tunnel here next season.