Sign in to follow this  
iluveadie

Is Holt's latest twitter update aimed at McNally?

Yes, good point Branston. He clearly was watching it. Unfortunately, I''m not sure anything that Hughton says or does will have much of an impact. It seems to be an issue between Holt and McNally. Hopefully the new manager can play the role of mediator though.

Um... just to clarify, my opening question was all it said it was. I don''t use twitter, I have only recently started to look at accounts owned by people connected to the club (Holt, McNally, Huckerby etc) in the last couple of weeks, purely because their twitter stuff gets mentioned a lot on here and in the media, so I thought it was worth a look. I am no expert in it and actually find it a bit confusing - half the time I can''t work out if the comments on there are from the twitter account holder, or someone replying to them.

Anyway, having looked on there earlier, I saw Holt''s comment and wasn''t completely sure if I was reading it right - it appeared to me that his comment was aimed at McNally. Hence why I asked for clarification on here, as this is usually the place to come to for clarification on such matters. I looked up and down the board, it didn''t appear to be mentioned anywhere, so I asked the question myself.

The reason I asked was simply because I wanted to make sure I was reading it right and whether or not it was aimed at McNally. If it had have been aimed at McNally, I would have been disappointed. Partly because I DO think that it would be unprofessional/childish for Grant Holt to be making a comment like that on a public forum (that''s my opinion - just the same as I''m sure my employers would find it unprofessional if I made a derogatory comment about one of my colleagues/superiors on, for example, my Facebook status). However, the main reason I would have been disappointed is because it implied to me that his relationship with McNally was clearly so broken that he didn''t really care about making a comment like that on a public forum. I would have found this disappointing because it might mean that there was no chance of them coming to an agreement somehow, to ensure that Grant Holt does not leave the football club. I will be absolutely gutted if he does leave, as I think he will crucial for us next season.

As I found out not long after asking the question, the comment was not aimed at McNally. I therefore accepted I had indeed jumped to conclusions and was relieved. However, clearly my question has caused a debate. It really wasn''t intended to. If for some reason I have annoyed certain people by asking the question, then I apologise.

[quote user="iluveadie"]

Um... just to clarify, my opening question was all it said it was. I don''t use twitter, I have only recently started to look at accounts owned by people connected to the club (Holt, McNally, Huckerby etc) in the last couple of weeks, purely because their twitter stuff gets mentioned a lot on here and in the media, so I thought it was worth a look. I am no expert in it and actually find it a bit confusing - half the time I can''t work out if the comments on there are from the twitter account holder, or someone replying to them.

Anyway, having looked on there earlier, I saw Holt''s comment and wasn''t completely sure if I was reading it right - it appeared to me that his comment was aimed at McNally. Hence why I asked for clarification on here, as this is usually the place to come to for clarification on such matters. I looked up and down the board, it didn''t appear to be mentioned anywhere, so I asked the question myself.

The reason I asked was simply because I wanted to make sure I was reading it right and whether or not it was aimed at McNally. If it had have been aimed at McNally, I would have been disappointed. Partly because I DO think that it would be unprofessional/childish for Grant Holt to be making a comment like that on a public forum (that''s my opinion - just the same as I''m sure my employers would find it unprofessional if I made a derogatory comment about one of my colleagues/superiors on, for example, my Facebook status). However, the main reason I would have been disappointed is because it implied to me that his relationship with McNally was clearly so broken that he didn''t really care about making a comment like that on a public forum. I would have found this disappointing because it might mean that there was no chance of them coming to an agreement somehow, to ensure that Grant Holt does not leave the football club. I will be absolutely gutted if he does leave, as I think he will crucial for us next season.

As I found out not long after asking the question, the comment was not aimed at McNally. I therefore accepted I had indeed jumped to conclusions and was relieved. However, clearly my question has caused a debate. It really wasn''t intended to. If for some reason I have annoyed certain people by asking the question, then I apologise.

[/quote]Don''t worry about it. Totally understandable. For my part, I didn''t half post a load of rubbish in this thread :/

iluveadie - that''s far too meek my friend. On here, you''ll soon learn that whatever you say, you''re going to get someone who reacts badly to it. More often than not you don''t need to apologise! Either argue back (I''ve got a bit of a bad habit of having to have the last word!) or ignore it, but I wouldn''t worry about annoying people. As long as you don''t get personal and childish generally people don''t hold a grudge from one thread to the next!

There were a few posts that had discussed it before you posted this thread, but it was within the "Ruddy" thread, so no fault of yours for not having spotted it.

iluveadie & Aggy etc. Give up lol! Most of these guys don''t read all posts, or only part of a post, or don''t get the correct viewpoint of it, they get the wrong idea, or don''t see follow up posts. Others will just be totally mean/miserable/argumentative/rude just for the sake of it. Some just will not be wrong & not be swayed by reasoning.

This is why I, and many many many others don''t post too much here.

You will probably see what i mean after they''ve read this haha!

Do i care? Yes actually cos I''m a genuine nice guy and do care what people think of me. I''m also not really an argumentative person!

Fortunately there''s also a lot of decent folk on here and some genuine good thoughts. And of course we all have 1 thing in common - being Norwich City supporters (apart from a few 1p5swich trolls disguised as Canaries!).

Anyhooo

OTBC COYY Hughtons Yellow army!

rsvp :-D

[quote user="Aggy"]iluveadie - that''s far too meek my friend. On here, you''ll soon learn that whatever you say, you''re going to get someone who reacts badly to it. More often than not you don''t need to apologise! Either argue back (I''ve got a bit of a bad habit of having to have the last word!) or ignore it, but I wouldn''t worry about annoying people. As long as you don''t get personal and childish generally people don''t hold a grudge from one thread to the next!

There were a few posts that had discussed it before you posted this thread, but it was within the "Ruddy" thread, so no fault of yours for not having spotted it.[/quote]Have you not heard about Shyster and his gang of eight? They''ll be reporting you to teacher if you don''t make sure you''re in their gang.

Is this the dumbest thread ever?The Sky cameras had been hovering back and forth for nearly a hour.Each time local journos

Michael Bailey & Cuffers(bald ) were seen .Obviously Holt knows both these guys and enjoys banter with them.I understand people are hurting with G H transfer request but stop turning any innocuous comment into some tabloid untruth.OTBC

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"]Is this the dumbest thread ever?The Sky cameras had been hovering back and forth for nearly a hour.Each time local journos Michael Bailey & Cuffers(bald ) were seen .Obviously Holt knows both these guys and enjoys banter with them.I understand people are hurting with G H transfer request but stop turning any innocuous comment into some tabloid untruth.OTBC[/quote]

With respect, please read the thread properly. You''ll see nobody was trying to ''turn any innocuous comment into some tabloid untruth''.

What about all those people who didn''t get to see the live press conference but did see grants twitter, was it obvious to them too?. If anything this post has helped the situation by informing those who dont recognise the back of a reporters head of the real target of the comment.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

What about all those people who didn''t get to see the live press conference but did see grants twitter, was it obvious to them too?. If anything this post has helped the situation by informing those who dont recognise the back of a reporters head of the real target of the comment.

[/quote]

Exactly.