Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Wizard's Credentials!.

This is for all the jerks and morons, who''s only defence to my posts are:

a, I must be a new supporter (glory hunter) a particular favourite with newbies who don''t know me.

b, Why don''t I go support Chelski or Manure etc

c, I must be a binman!.

Well cop this:

Started going to Carrow Road in 1957.

Until Health reasons intervened, I went to away games as often as I possibly could.

Season ticket holder.

Spent thousands supporting my beloved City, and still spending!.

So don''t any of you question my level of support for my club, or use your old chestnut of an argument when replying to a post of mine.

Oh no, I don''t expect any apologises, you lot haven''t got the guts for that!.

Many of you may have a better record than I, that''s not why I wrote this. I''m just illustrating how much of a supporter I AM!.

Its because I do care and have the nerve (which you lack) to say things that go against the norm, which rattles you, but I won''t stop, despite your uninformed replies, okay?.

I have no question of your support for City, however your posts often come accross as big headed and ''god-like'' I often think you post just to be controversial!

Killing off the wizard then bringing him back, throwing a strop, leaving...only to come back the next day.

I won''t talk about my loyalty to the club as i don''t feel i have to justify myself to anyone on this board, i think we are all equals who converge because of one thing (the love of football and in particular Norwich City)

Although everyone has the right to post whatever they want some people believe their word is gospel and as such they think they are being ''character assasinated'' whenever anyone questions their opinions.

Well done my son (even though you started going to Carrow Road 30 years before I was born), it''s good to see someone showing their true colours regarding their club which at the moment a number of folks are finding hard to do. If only the people in charge of the club were so brutally honest as you, we would probably be a much better position. I look forward as always to your next post.

Izzy Wizzy lets get busy.

maybe If lived near Norwich and was 90 years old I could claim to be such a big fan, but I don''t and i''m not!

Anyway, I don''t doubt your support, i just disagree with a majority of your posts, I won''t mention the hospitalised Gary holt one! And let''s face it I bet when you post you know you are being confrontational or controversial? You have strong views, why not respect other equally strong views? some might actually be OK, I mean there is not always a wrong or right answer, football management is more subtle than that. People have strong views, when they are proven to be right they rant on about it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  

[quote]I have no question of your support for City, however your posts often come accross as big headed and ''god-like'' I often think you post just to be controversial! Killing off the wizard then bringing h...[/quote]

Marty: You have the old/new wiz so wrong my friend.

As he said, the only reason that the wiz started this thread, was that every time he posted, the old ''chestnuts'' were used in posters arguments, and this he found repetitive. The ''Holt'' incident was unfortunate and badly put, and he did apologise very quickly for it, you seemed to leave that bit out!.

He also said that these accusations tendered to be from newbie posters (no, he was not having a go at them!) It could be because they were not aware of his history.

The reason the old original wiz ''died'', was simply because of the same old jaded accusations he kept getting. However, and this is important, the majority of the older posters seemed to enjoy him being around, and one in particular YC, called him back from the underworld!.

Whilst he''s sorry that you don''t like the style of the wiz''s posts, and you think he''s being ''God like'' and arrogant, the wiz has told me that he won''t/can''t change his style for anyone.

But that doesn''t mean that his ''creator'', acts or behave''s like him in REAL LIFE. In fact you could use the phrase ''chalk and cheese''. Although his mentor, does hold many similar views as him.

If he''s controversial, its because he likes to take on controversial subjects. Thats all my friend.

[quote]I have no question of your support for City, however your posts often come accross as big headed and ''god-like'' I often think you post just to be controversial! Killing off the wizard then bringing h...[/quote]

Big A: I meant to include your name with my reply to Marty my friend, sorry for that.

But my reply to Marty, is also applicable to you as well.

Marty: Apologises for any offence my last reply to you may have caused.

wiz. you have to understand the fact, that when you pick controversial subjects that a lot of people will strongly disagree with, you will get reactions of varying degrees. some people will give you a thought provoking and well written response with theyre opinions, and cross examining your own. you wont get this from everyone though, not everyone posesses the knowledge and intelligence to give you that type of response. Those that cant give a reasoned argument as a reply, may sit back and say nothing, others like those in question will resort to petty insults and question peoples loyalty to the club. This could be to try and place themselves above you. i think its because they cant back up what they want to say with any reasoned argument or intelligent opinions.

you can give yourself many different personalities on a forum, you can be the quiet one who pipes up now and again with something, the one everyone likes and never posts anything that could cause controversy, you can be the controversial one who makes posts that make people think and so on.  What you have to remember is, ALL these types of characters are necessary for an entertaining forum. How boring would this board be if someone posted a topic and 20 people posted that they agree completly with it? that would be terrible. A good debate brings a forum to life and makes an interesting read.

you say your different on this board to what you are in real life. On here your argumentative, sanctimonious, pretentious, and often obnoxious and rude if people say anything untoward. Thats not meant in an insulting way at all, its just how i''ve percieved you. While not everyone will like you for being like this, the fact remains, that a character like this is essential on a forum. Someone who will question peoples views and provide a reasoned argument as a response to others opinions is necessary to keep a forum alive. Obviously if everyones like this, there would be chaos, and if everyone is the complete opposite then the forum would be boring.

My advice to you, is to stop worrying about what the idiots say, and start listening more to the people who actually make a difference to the board. Do what i do, just ignore the people who blatently dont know what theyre talking about or are just rude, and talk to the people who write something worth reading.

As youve seen, no one wants you to change the way you post, because you often provide a different angle on things, and often start a good reasoned debate. just stop worrying about what people say when theyre not intelligent enough to argue theyre point, and just carry on posting as normal!

(no offence is intended, i enjoy reading your posts, so i hope none is taken)

Give the guy a break! without these outspoken views this board would be a much poor read, I think wiz probably enjoys the company & forces comments from other posters in order to create a debate,

good for you sir long may you continue even though some of the stuff you come up is ?

I have been reading this website for over 2 years and only recently registered.

I have read many many of your posts and topics and quite frankly I can see why you rub people the wrong way.

Your opinion of the team is fine. Some people will agree, others won''t, some will try and critisice it. It''s all fair game.

You often say rather inappropriate things, think about what you say, this isn''t a diary for you to go out spout out whatever enters your thought pattern, even if they are to do with our beloved club.

Lastly and the only real point i have against you is how you repeatedly start topics about yourself. Please control yourself, why should there be a topic about you every week? This is a Norwich city message board, where you can voice your opinion nd embark in debates (you do this and add greatly to the board, but there is a line you very often cross)

And in reply to this topic....

It doesn''t bother me in the slightest you have spent thousands to the club, or how many games you have seen, how close you live to the stadium or how many relatives live for the cause. All I care about is that you connect with the club, hurt when they hurt and rise when they rise.

[quote]wiz. you have to understand the fact, that when you pick controversial subjects that a lot of people will strongly disagree with, you will get reactions of varying degrees. some people will give you a...[/quote]

No offence taken, in fact quite the opposite.

Your post makes it all worthwhile mate, I found it constructive, intelliegent and its obvious that you put an awful lot of thought into it.

So how could I possibly take offence at that David?.

Alas I fear, you are part of a dying species, but you really must post more, you have a rare skill, please don''t hide it!.

I thought this was a forum about Norwich City and not about 1st wizard. How many times do we have to discuss the pros and cons of 1st Wizard? Why the need to solicit support amongst the drooling sychophants?

I''ll take each posting as it comes and will formulate an opinion regardless of the credentials or posting count of its author.