concerned by spelling, grammar, punctuation and whether a post has been put in

the right place than they are about the content or views expressed and with

reading other people’s thoughts on our great football team. When I attended my

first game in 1960 all this stuff was science fiction. Now we have it we should

all be able to enjoy it rather than be concerned about posting something that

breaks the rules invented by the Messageboard Police and fearing that they may

pick up on a technical issue.

Get over it! Enjoy each other’s thoughts and comments rather

than being picky about how it is presented.

Tin helmets on! Hatches battened down! Hit me – see if I

care!

[quote user="SNAP"]

Am I alone in getting just a little irritated

by the “Message Board Police”? By this I mean the people who seem more

the right place than they are about the content or views expressed and with

reading other people’s thoughts on our great football team. When I attended my

first game in 1960 all this stuff was science fiction. Now we have it we should

all be able to enjoy it rather than be concerned about posting something that

breaks the rules invented by the Messageboard Police and fearing that they may

pick up on a technical issue.

Get over it! Enjoy each other’s thoughts and comments rather

than being picky about how it is presented.

Tin helmets on! Hatches battened down! Hit me – see if I

care!

[/quote]Doesn''t bother me one way or another, if people want to get their red pen out... let em!

I don''t see how this is Norwich related, please put it in the other topics part of the messageboard, thanks!! ;p

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I scoured your post for incorrect spellings or grammar but, without nitpicking, could find none.  you''ve disappointed me.[/quote]I think message board is two words though[:P]

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]I''m just waiting for the usual suspects to turn up![/quote]You just did........[;)]

For sure SNAP, I am slightly on your side as a few posters do seem over-concerned about these matters at the expense of interesting information or debate.

I am, though, a slight hypocrite because, being old-school I feel it is necessary to attempt to be correct in both grammar and spelling at all times. Sloppy adherence to this simple etiquette is both disrespectful to the reader and reduces the impact of the post IMO. The most worthwhile of contributions lacks total acceptance in my head if, for example, the poster has used "would of" instead of "would have." This is becoming a more and more common practice, and I despair. 

Naff, say I. And nothing to do with either age or education. Just sloppiness. Sometimes I just don''t belieeeve it.

Like I said, I am old school. There are a few of us about, although we rarely post after 8pm.

More seriously though, I dislike most of all the small outbreaks of civil war and arguments between posters (and some seem to be perpetual and personal warfare) within a thread that consequently it become no-man''s-land for the rest of us.

P.S. Have I spelt "practice" correctly?

P.P.S. We all have to take into account that this Board is unique in not having an edit button and mistakes that slip through cannot subsequently be corrected. 

[quote user="SNAP"]

By this I mean the people who seem more

the right
place than they are about the content or views expressed and with

reading other people’s thoughts on our great football team.

[IMG]http://th827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/smileys/smiley%20characters/th_oldman7ni.gif[/IMG] When I attended my

first game in 1960 all this stuff was science fiction. [IMG]http://th827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/smileys/smiley%20characters/th_oldman7ni.gif[/IMG]

[/quote]I don''t care about peoples spelling, or mild grammar and punctuation errors. But when someone wants you to read their comments that are put across in a block of text without any punctuation or grammar it''s enough to give me a head ache.The thing that REALLY winds me up is when people don''t bother looking for existing topics before starting new ones and/or start topics with posts that are better suited to an already live topic.

LoL, one of the reasons I left the board for a year was the pedantic nature and in fighting. There is a inner circle who frankly never really bothered me but its the rediculous nature of "I posted that first " "xxx is lying " "I know a football player" "X poster upset X poster so we should all give a sh*t and take sides"TBH any forum you will go on has grammar nazi''s and spelling police. Welcome to the Pinkun, or better yet... the Intrahwheb !

Put it this way, i know i wind a few up, but some of the remarks ive had, i would put my mortgage on it that they wouldnt say it to my face!! plus pete the moderator has his favorites, deletes certain posts but not by others!!!

Be fairer ZT. I, for one, don''t really think that this is the case.

The only criticism I have of this Board is the lack olf an edit facility, but I have grumbled about this so often that my posts should all be editted out for the sheer boredom factor. 

Fair points SNAP. I try and bite my tongue with the over use of ''could of'' and ''rumor'' but i do wish some people would learn to spell our own player''s names properly.And with Hughton now at the helm (not Houghton) some posters will get a bit of grief.[:D]

No worries about spelling, without edit button it is understandable but like the poster before do get annoyed at multi threads. It''s shows a disrespect that the poster either thinks their opinion is more important or they can''t be bothered to read other peoples views.

For me, and having the benefit of a grammar school education (i.e. no contact with the opposite sex until the age of sixteen), I''m in Broadstairs'' (note correct use of the apostrophe) old school. But it''s because a properly spelt, punctuated and spaced (Big Vince!) post is just more readable. But we all come to this board with different experiences and expectations, so live and let live.

For me things like the misuse of apostrophes isn''t too annoying. However every time I see ''of'' instead of ''have'' or ''then'' instead of ''than'', I do end up having to fight the urge to post a condescending reply explaining what each of those words mean!

To be honest though, I just ignore people who would rather pick up on my grammar than respond to the points I make. If they''re just going to ignore what I''ve actually put, then I''m more than (not then) happy to ignore their whole post!

Those who nit pick are generally the same ones who correct their own errors immediately after they''ve made a ''post''. Such shame is clearly intolerable to them......Personally I don''t give a ****.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Well said.  I''m concerned with bigger issues, like whether Morrison will be Houghton''s first choice.

[/quote]

Ha ha!

I was just about to post that the only thing which grates for me is when people don''t spell Morison and Hughton correctly ... not that I''ve ever / or will ever pick someone up on this! 

You''ve got to spell names right come on!

I don''t care what the message board police think.... If I want to start a thread to have my say when a thread already exists then I will.

If someone has an issue with this then they can tell someone who gives a s*it.... Because I don''t.

Habolish spellun punkchewaishun and gwammar - shtupidd hupper-klass gharvage............

Hup with yahoooolish.

OTBC

Trouble is though, there are idiots here that need to be kept in line.You know who you are.[:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I don''t care what the message board police think.... If I want to start a thread to have my say when a thread already exists then I will. If someone has an issue with this then they can tell someone who gives a s*it.... Because I don''t.[/quote]

my feelings exactly.... fu(k them  [:D]

[quote user="Canarinator_T1000"]Who polices the Messageboard(sic) police?[/quote]

Nobody they are protected ...they  work for sports desk pete and  he sends them coded messages about who to target [:D]