Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Judas's Staff at Villa

Put your toys back in your pram !  FFS he is not judas, this happens in football.  He''s moved on, you should move on, and so should all of us.  For all he''s done for the club, you have the nerve to call him that.  Very sad.

I really think some people need to get out more. What exactly is the point the OP is trying to make here or engage in debate ? [:@]

Lambert got us to thrash the scum twice in one season,gave 3,000 fans an unforgettable night in Portsmouth and for those two outstanding achievements alone he does not deserve to be called Judas.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I really think some people need to get out more. What exactly is the point the OP is trying to make here or engage in debate ? [:@]

Lambert got us to thrash the scum twice in one season,gave 3,000 fans an unforgettable night in Portsmouth and for those two outstanding achievements alone he does not deserve to be called Judas.

[/quote]Well said, although I don''t like the way he''streating us lately the bloke has done so much for us and we''re in his debt.

Judas is perhaps the wrong word.....I''ll settle for coward for now.

A coward follows a club with "apparant" history (1 league title in 100 years, 1 FA Cup in 50 years?!?!)..........the brave manager stays and creates the clubs history himself...a la Brian Clough

It’s really not healthy to describe PL in those terms after all he has done for our club. Nor is crowing about numbers of backroom staff; we may have made a decent managerial appointment but we remain in a state of transition. A lot can happen between now and August let alone the whole of next season.

Personally I hope PL does well at Villa – not so well he totally out-performs us mind you! But surely he deserves full recognition for everything he achieved here with us?

The original poster has obviously overlooked Kevin MacDonald (who has previously been Caretaker Manager) and Gordon Cowans.

They''re far from hard up of coaching staff!

But why worry about them, let''s enjoy us!

[quote user="claud"]The original poster has obviously overlooked Kevin MacDonald (who has previously been Caretaker Manager) and Gordon Cowans.

They''re far from hard up of coaching staff!

But why worry about them, let''s enjoy us![/quote]Didn''t do Villa much good last season.

I think Quisling or Lord Haw Haw could also be used, but I also think he is a JUDAS!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]What Lambert did for Norwich over the past three years... was purely incidental. He was doing it for himself.[/quote]

Or to put it another way....his interests coincided with those of the Club...(until they didn''t- at which point he jumped as fast as he could!)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Yet in the same breathe we say "No-one is bigger than the club".  Thanks, now fall on your backside Lambert!Judas!

He''s not our manager anymore, does it really matter?

Yes he did well for us, No I''m not impressed with how he left.

But let''s look forward to a new season now. I won''t shed a tear if things go terribly wrong for him, but we''ve got a new chapter beginning.

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]He''s not our manager anymore, does it really matter?

Yes he did well for us, No I''m not impressed with how he left.

But let''s look forward to a new season now. I won''t shed a tear if things go terribly wrong for him, but we''ve got a new chapter beginning.[/quote]

Exactly Supermarket. I also don''t want this turning into some absolutely nauseating Colchester Norwich style "rivalry." That would make us look pretty small and pathetic.

[quote user="Billabong"]Judas indeed! Lets show some respect - It''s Mr Judas, if you please[/quote]

Mr Lambert has given this club perhaps the three most progressive seasons this club has ever had in its history.      We should all remember that.   How he  left has been less than satisfactory, but  he obviously wasn''t up to the task of taking us fiurther so he  moved.    That is a good thing and we should remember that too - that he might have actually done us a favour by leaving.  

He''s moved on to a new challenge.   We''ve moved on to a new challenge.    Its all good.

The purile language on here about him says more about the posters than Mr Lambert.   

While I''m grateful for what he did I find it surprising that he had itchy feet last year and could have left us then in spite of constantly telling us how happy he was here. It looks like there could have been some truth in the Burnley rumours after all, if he was even considering leaving us for them he couldn''t have been as happy here as he made out which makes him a liar in my book.Thanks for 3 great years Mr Lambert but I hope it all goes tits up at Villa.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[quote user="Billabong"]Judas indeed! Lets show some respect - It''s Mr Judas, if you please[/quote]

Mr Lambert has given this club perhaps the three most progressive seasons this club has ever had in its history.      We should all remember that.   How he  left has been less than satisfactory, but  he obviously wasn''t up to the task of taking us fiurther so he  moved.    That is a good thing and we should remember that too - that he might have actually done us a favour by leaving.  

He''s moved on to a new challenge.   We''ve moved on to a new challenge.    Its all good.

The purile language on here about him says more about the posters than Mr Lambert.   

[/quote]

EXACTLY!

His leaving when he did may turn out even better for Norwich than if he''d stayed.   There is a limit to what any person is capable of achieving and he may well have reached that limit - he may well have peaked.   Norwich may well have already got the best out of him he was able to give.   Rise above the childish nonesense and look at it philosophically there''s more to a football club than the manager and playing staff, many things all have to be right and come together and it can be hard for the development of a club to keep up with on-field successes.   Norwich has to work hard at progressing club wise to equate with the past 3 seasons on-field success but the club IS striving forward - perhaps not as fast as Mr Lambert felt it should or have HIS ambitions higher on the priority list than the clubs priorities.

Sometimes it''s just as hard to manage success as it is failure!

Norwich now have a breath of fresh air and can now move onwards and look upwards - what may have appeared a disaster may well prove a golden opportunity.   Good luck to Paul Lambert - he certainly may well need it!   Grant Holt?   Sell him to Kwik-Fit - he is currently a vexation to the team spirit, a bad apple - get rid!   No matter what the problem is there was a better way to sort it out.   Realistically Norwich have probably had the best he is ever going to play and it''s unlikely he will maintain last seasons form for long (if again!   Many players have the skill but if their heart isn''t in the club they should go).   His final couple of seasons will probably just be as a sub somewhere with a progression back down to Workington and non-league.   It''s a long way from Shrewsbury to the premier league and it''s Norwich who gave him a first-class ticket.   No player or manager for that matter is bigger then the club.

Impressed with Russell Martins radio interview - a level headed lad with exactly the right attitude 

[quote user="Shankslad"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

EXACTLY!

His leaving when he did may turn out even better for Norwich than if he''d stayed.   There is a limit to what any person is capable of achieving and he may well have reached that limit - he may well have peaked.   Norwich may well have already got the best out of him he was able to give.   Rise above the childish nonesense and look at it philosophically there''s more to a football club than the manager and playing staff, many things all have to be right and come together and it can be hard for the development of a club to keep up with on-field successes.   Norwich has to work hard at progressing club wise to equate with the past 3 seasons on-field success but the club IS striving forward - perhaps not as fast as Mr Lambert felt it should or have HIS ambitions higher on the priority list than the clubs priorities.

Sometimes it''s just as hard to manage success as it is failure!

Norwich now have a breath of fresh air and can now move onwards and look upwards - what may have appeared a disaster may well prove a golden opportunity.   Good luck to Paul Lambert - he certainly may well need it!   Grant Holt?   Sell him to Kwik-Fit - he is currently a vexation to the team spirit, a bad apple - get rid!   No matter what the problem is there was a better way to sort it out.   Realistically Norwich have probably had the best he is ever going to play and it''s unlikely he will maintain last seasons form for long (if again!   Many players have the skill but if their heart isn''t in the club they should go).   His final couple of seasons will probably just be as a sub somewhere with a progression back down to Workington and non-league.   It''s a long way from Shrewsbury to the premier league and it''s Norwich who gave him a first-class ticket.   No player or manager for that matter is bigger then the club.

Impressed with Russell Martins radio interview - a level headed lad with exactly the right attitude 

[/quote]

Errr! Don''t get so excited guys! My comment was a tongue in cheek joke, I''ve obviously taken things slightly more light hearted than both of you.

For the record, I''m more than fine with the staff changes.

On a slightly different note, the OP does bring up quite an ironic point - that our best ever manager PL has ended up at AV with Norwich''s two worst ever managers - GR & PG!!

It would be the easiest thing in the world for us to be bitter towards Lambert but we must all rise above it and show that he has left behind some of the best fans around and for that reason i really hope that nobody boo''s him when he brings his Villa team down to Carrow road , not because we are not angry with him but we have to show that we are bigger than that . This club will move on but we shouldn''t forget what a fantastic 3 years he has given every single one of us so lets not spoil it by doing the easy thing .

With all due respect to Robert Mugabe, Adolf Hitler, Ghenghis Khan and Pol Pot, Paul Lambert is history''s greatest monster and must be stopped at all costs.

[quote user="Billabong"]

On a slightly different note, the OP does bring up quite an ironic point - that our best ever manager PL has ended up at AV with Norwich''s two worst ever managers - GR & PG!![/quote]As was pointed out on the last page, Peter Grant was sacked by Villa at the same time as McLeish.

So, next time one of your colleagues at work leaves to go to a competitor for a new challenge and a pay rise, will you stop speaking to them, abuse them and call them Judas?

No..... thought not. Its just business, plain and simple. Why do you apply different rules just because its football?

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]With all due respect to Robert Mugabe, Adolf Hitler, Ghenghis Khan and Pol Pot, Paul Lambert is history''s greatest monster and must be stopped at all costs.[/quote]Don''t forget Joe Stalin...........he''ll be most put out.