Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Culverhouse & Karsa Staying According to McNally

I like it mcnasty Is sticking two fingers up at the Villa, stops them leaving for free too excellent work!!!

0.0    surley just McNally playing hard ball with villa, refusing to release them until something is sorted financially.

[quote user="SotonCanary"]You can have two assistants no?[/quote]

Intersting stuff, see how Lambert does without them, ?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

To be absorbed into Hughton''s set up.

It would surely be a step down for Cully as Calderwood will be assistant to Hughton?

[/quote]

So we are planning to pay wages to one manager, one assistant manager, two coaches and whatever is Karsa''s job description? I would be surprised. More like a negotiating tactic over Lambert''s compensation.

Wouldn''t b surprised if this is because villa are not willing to pay the compensation. No problem with having a team 5/6 coaches, a lot of prem teams do so there is nothing new here. I am sure roles will be designated for each party for now.Think Lambert may struggle without Culverhouse, luckily for him grant was kicked out of Villa, still got the roedent there though!!

I may be wrong but I like to think that although you can only have 11 players on the pitch, within reason, more staff on the coaching side is a good thing.

Keep them spite and expose Lambert and use the combined wealth of knowledge to strengthen our first team squad and nurture through the academy players.IMO money well spent if we can retain these two on the staff.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

It would surely be a step down for Cully as Calderwood will be assistant to Hughton?

[/quote]

So we are planning to pay wages to one manager, one assistant manager, two coaches and whatever is Karsa''s job description? I would be surprised. More like a negotiating tactic over Lambert''s compensation.

[/quote]

Yes we would have to pay all of their wages whilst they are employed at the club.

Would love Cully to stay 1st team coach possibly, that would stuff PL, always wondered what Karsa brought to the party, maybe to stroke PL''s ego.  If contracts expire 30th June don''t see what we can do to keep, but if 12 month rolling may need compo to be paid.  Villa probably consider no need to pay evidently  CH £1m others added £1m compo.

Interesting if true - Personally seen no evidence of this statement tho?

Once again, IF true, could this be a long term plan for Culverhouse to take over in the future?

Where did you find this? I doubt it. It''s a shame that Culverhouse isn''t staying instead of Calderwood who''s arrival may well seal Holt''s departure.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes we would have to pay all of their wages whilst they are employed at the club.

[/quote]

What I meant was, and I thought the point was clear but perhaps not, that we are supposedly planning to pay wages from now on until Hughton leaves for that many people, because the notion is that they are all part of Team Hughton. I find that hard to believe. Culverhouse has been the head coach at a PL team, and by all accounts done very well at it. Hughton is bringing in his own assistant manager and head coach. Someone into that set-up is going to be either demoted or superfluous. Not to mention fitting Karsa in as well.

Hughton says that he is to give more responsibilty to coaching staff and he needs them all as they will be required to help with scouting players and opposition, link the first team with the youth teams etc. Therefore it seems that Culverhouse might be staying and I will be delighted if that is the case.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What I meant was, and I thought the point was clear but perhaps not, that we are supposedly planning to pay wages from now on until Hughton leaves for that many people, because the notion is that they are all part of Team Hughton. I find that hard to believe. Culverhouse has been the head coach at a PL team, and by all accounts done very well at it. Hughton is bringing in his own assistant manager and head coach. Someone into that set-up is going to be either demoted or superfluous. Not to mention fitting Karsa in as well.

[/quote]

I know what you meant!  Don''t shoot the messenger!!

That is what was said.  The reasons behind it, if there are any, will come out in due course.

It might be playing hardball with Villa and why not?

The club may really value Culverhouse and Karsa and may have had discussions with Hughton about keeping them on and about Hughton''s backroom staff?

If we get rid of them then we''d have to pay up their contracts anyway!

An amusing tweet from a Villa fan:

McNally is just being a prick now, not

letting Culverhouse and Karsa (making them absorb with Hughton''s team)

go so he can get more compo.

[:^)]

[quote user="Northluck C."]An amusing tweet from a Villa fan:

McNally is just being a prick now, not letting Culverhouse and Karsa (making them absorb with Hughton''s team) go so he can get more compo.

[/quote]

McNasty defo trying to tie you [Villa] down! 

Go team Hughton!

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Northluck C."]An amusing tweet from a Villa fan:

McNally is just being a prick now, not letting Culverhouse and Karsa (making them absorb with Hughton''s team) go so he can get more compo.

[/quote]

McNasty defo trying to tie you [Villa] down! 

Go team Hughton!

[/quote].....and when he has done that, he is giing to tie a kangaroo down, sport. nothing is beyond the man.

Very interested to see if they stay on. would be a massive boost to the team. Just a thought but would they not have been on a similar one year rolling contract with lambert? in which case might they just let their contracts run out in a month or so then run to the midlands? Hoping not

[quote user="pidge"]Very interested to see if they stay on. would be a massive boost to the team. Just a thought but would they not have been on a similar one year rolling contract with lambert? in which case might they just let their contracts run out in a month or so then run to the midlands? Hoping not[/quote]

A 1 year rolling contract is not the same as a 1 year contract. A rolling contract does not run down, each new day they have 1 year left.

[quote user="pidge"]Very interested to see if they stay on. would be a massive boost to the team. Just a thought but would they not have been on a similar one year rolling contract with lambert? in which case might they just let their contracts run out in a month or so then run to the midlands? Hoping not[/quote]A one year rolling contract means the contract always has a year in advance, it doesn''t run out, that''s the point of it.

Maybe we just need a bigger coaching staff to cope with the new academy status, is there not an Under 21 league now?

Great, we''ll find out how good Lambert is without his support team. Methinks he will struggle big-time, as he has done at some other clubs. Villa deserve to be dropped in doodoo of their own making IMO.

Assuming our level 1 academy status is approved there is a requirement for an enormous coaching team. From memory I think about 30 at various levels.