Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Culverhouse & Karsa Staying According to McNally

Very well explained Yelverton, thankyou for taking the time.  What an intriguing situation!  I suppose if McNally feels he`s got Villa over a barrell the comp. demand could be considerably higher than £500K!  Seems like the next move in this may well come from Cully and Karsa....

Surely It could just be a case of Culverhouse being settled in Norwich and working for a club that has historically been very good for him, therefore being reluctant to suddenly pack up and leave? I mean, he doesn''t get much limelight anyhow and transfer funds aren''t a major factor of his personal job, so joining Villa for being a ''bigger'' and ''more wealthy'' club might not be as attractive to him...

All just speculation but it would be interesting to see how large a role he has played in Lambert''s success if Lambert had to manage next season without him...

Don''t know if its been brought up earlier either, but didn''t Culverhouse spend his entire Spurs career with Hughton at the club? Maybe there is a relationship between the two already? Probably unlikely as Culverhouse wasn''t a big feature in the spurs squad, but again just speculation..

Surely It could just be a case of Culverhouse being settled in Norwich and working for a club that has historically been very good for him, therefore being reluctant to suddenly pack up and leave? I mean, he doesn''t get much limelight anyhow and transfer funds aren''t a major factor of his personal job, so joining Villa for being a ''bigger'' and ''more wealthy'' club might not be as attractive to him...All just speculation but it would be interesting to see how large a role he has played in Lambert''s success if Lambert had to manage next season without him...

Herts

I agree with you that I would love to keep Culverhouse here as he seems to be a very able coach- (not sure what Karsa does!) but all the reports, including journos. who have been spot on so far, suggest that this situation is just part of the compensation battle which I have speculated on above.

Let''s hope I''m wrong but I wouldn''t put money on them still being here at the start of the season. If by any chance they WERE still at Norwich, I genuinely think PL would struggle as, by all accounts, he relies on his team for a large proportion of the day to day coaching / management work.

I wonder if Aston Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has yet informed Randy Lerner that he has purchased a car without wheels and, unfortunately,  the wheels, which are unique to the car, are still owned by Norwich City. You may call those Americans a lot of things but they don''t tolerate stupidity for long. May be bye bye for Mr. Faulkner.

From the official NCFC site:

GARY Karsa joined the Canaries as head of football operations on August 20, 2009.

Karsa follows his management colleagues Paul Lambert and Ian

Culverhouse with whom he has worked previously at both Colchester United

and Wycombe Wanderers.

He held the position of football operations manager at The U''s since

he joined them from Adams Park in October 2008, where he''d been head of

youth since September 2006.

Karsa began his coaching career at Enfield in 1998 as football and

community officer, before moving to Barnet where he first worked with

Ian Culverhouse. After a spell as Charlton''s Head of Academy he linked

up with Culverhouse again at Leyton Orient as head of youth.

There''s a *fascinating* interview with him at http://holtamaniablog.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/exclusive-interview-with-gary-karsa/ which reinforces the mystery over what he does.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]From the official NCFC site:

GARY Karsa joined the Canaries as head of football operations on August 20, 2009.

Karsa follows his management colleagues Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse with whom he has worked previously at both Colchester United and Wycombe Wanderers.

He held the position of football operations manager at The U''s since he joined them from Adams Park in October 2008, where he''d been head of youth since September 2006.

Karsa began his coaching career at Enfield in 1998 as football and community officer, before moving to Barnet where he first worked with Ian Culverhouse. After a spell as Charlton''s Head of Academy he linked up with Culverhouse again at Leyton Orient as head of youth.

There''s a *fascinating* interview with him at http://holtamaniablog.wordpress.com/2011/06/10/exclusive-interview-with-gary-karsa/ which reinforces the mystery over what he does.

[/quote]

And the press confrence yesterday I got the impression that McNally was delighted that they had both decided to stay at Carrow road and continue the job they had started 3 years ago, which makes me very happy to and knowing Lambert will most probably realise his mistake sooner rather than later. I don''t think McNally was playing games with his comments I think they are here to stay  

Pete

I really hope you are right and they are staying because they want to see the job through but, the way it has been played, McNally has the best of both worlds. If they stay, we have the benefit of continuity and a very good coach (to say nothing of weakening AV!) and, if not, ''big club'' Villa will have to fork out for their services!

Personally, I think it is significant that Mr McNally keeps emphasising that their jobs will be exactly the same- thereby not giving them the right /excuse to resign and claim constructive dismissal...  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I wonder if Aston Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner has yet informed Randy Lerner that he has purchased a car without wheels and, unfortunately,  the wheels, which are unique to the car, are still owned by Norwich City. You may call those Americans a lot of things but they don''t tolerate stupidity for long. May be bye bye for Mr. Faulkner.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more YC, PL isn''t the full package and this will be a big hinderance to him "hitting the ground running", perhaps Mr Faulkner completely forgot to give the "tyres a kick" and in doing so did not realise that they were missing!

I think over the issue of backroom staff you have already seen the difference in decency between Lambert and Hughton. Hughton was adamant that he would not abandon his backroom team and that they were coming with him. If the rumours are to be believed that pretty much derailed any chance of going to WBA. Compare that to Lambert who has jumped ship without insisting that the same thing happens. They may well join him again but he has left two men who have contributed much to his success in a very uncertain and difficult position. There is no doubting Paul Lambert''s abilities as a manager. But I am less certain about Paul Lambert integrity as a man. If there is any justice Hughton will succeed in this job.

[quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more YC, PL isn''t the full package and this will be a big hinderance to him "hitting the ground running", perhaps Mr Faulkner completely forgot to give the "tyres a kick" and in doing so did not realise that they were missing!

[/quote]

Haha.. that reminds me of an incident of a stopped cheque many years back when a customer of the bank I worked at had bought a car with no engine !!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Ruddygore"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more YC, PL isn''t the full package and this will be a big hinderance to him "hitting the ground running", perhaps Mr Faulkner completely forgot to give the "tyres a kick" and in doing so did not realise that they were missing!

[/quote]

Haha.. that reminds me of an incident of a stopped cheque many years back when a customer of the bank I worked at had bought a car with no engine !!

[/quote]

The thing that sticks out in my mind is this so call''ed second season syndrome, Surely we must all feel that we don''t have that worrey, with the news from yesterday I would be very nervous right now If I was a Villa fan

If McNally is totally genuine concerning Cully & Kars and expanding our coaching at the club.  The fastest way to settle it all and offer them 3 year deals to stay and see what happens.

If you have not seen full interview on website it is good watch.

There is a few jabs about Brum being professional...I think this is more to do with the way Hughton has been brought in, compared with the outgoing of PL.

I hope we keep Culverhouse as he knows the players, and is a good head coach. But I feel Lambert we be successful with or without him at Villa . Ferguson has had many assistants at Man U, and he still keeps standards the same with new staff. I''m sure it will be the same for Lambert. But hopfully Houghton can take us to the next level, that Lambert didn''t think he could take us.

Does anyone know for definate when their contracts expire and they are free to go or have I missed that in the first 7 pages?

[quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone know for definate when their contracts expire and they are free to go or have I missed that in the first 7 pages?[/quote]
They are on one year rolling contracts, their contracts can''t run out, it always expires one year from the current day. (i.e It currently expires 9/6/2013 tomorrow it will expire 10/6/2013)

McNally may well just be holding on to make Villa pay, but I think he is serious about a larger management team, which he says PL resisted. Villa are hardly showing themselves to be a big time club on this one. MacLeish''s assistants are still in place, including Gordan Cowans, a favourite Villa ex-player. I''d especially like IC to stay as I think he''s done a great job as well as being a City Hall of Famer. Be intersting to see what happens on this one!

What will be interesting, bearing in mind what DMcN said about having a bigger coaching team will be, in the likely event of IC and GK eventually decamping to Villa, is how quickly we then get two replacement onboard-and, if we do, who they would be.

Still the talk about Mark Robins coming back in some role-and I daresay quite a few decent coaches would want to give it a go here.

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone know for definate when their contracts expire and they are free to go or have I missed that in the first 7 pages?[/quote]

They are on one year rolling contracts, their contracts can''t run out, it always expires one year from the current day. (i.e It currently expires 9/6/2013 tomorrow it will expire 10/6/2013)

[/quote]

Thankyou Gareth [:)]