Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Culverhouse & Karsa Staying According to McNally

Send Cully an'' Karsa out on loan to a nearby Gymnasium as towel technicians....."One or two towels, Sir/Madam?"

The fact Alan Thompson was sacked/left Celtic. Whatever happened..I think the puzzle fits now, that we shall be keeping IC and GK and Thompson will join up at Villa. I think he played there prior to Celtic.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]The fact Alan Thompson was sacked/left Celtic. Whatever happened..I think the puzzle fits now, that we shall be keeping IC and GK and Thompson will join up at Villa. I think he played there prior to Celtic.[/quote]Heard he was sacked for "issues" - alleged alcoholism

No news on the goalkeeper coach?  Assume we must be keeping Jeff Wood then and not bringing in Brum''s Dave Watson who is currently helping Engerland.

From WOTB (don''t know if true) -

"

At the end of season dinner Gary Karsa was getting very upset

Every time Bowkett or McNally mentioned the Villa job. He kept saying "For f**ks sake why do they have to keep going on about it?" and angrily stormed out at one point.

Not sure what to make of this, perhaps he isn''t keen on going. I spose any new manager will bring his own back room staff in tho
."

I think all those who are ''worried'' about Lambert being left high and dry at Villa are forgetting that he has a highly experienced and respected figure in football there to help him along.

I refer of course to Glen Roeder. (Although I may have missed his tenure as Aston Villa manager).

I am sure that messrs Lambert and Roeder with their easy going, affable and friendly characters will both get along like a house on fire...................

James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war .

[quote user="Ncfc"]James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war .
[/quote]

Nope, we''re keeping them !!

There were ''rumours'' that Karsa is Lambert''s brother in law. Which would mean that Karsa must either be the brother of Lambert''s wife or the husband of Lambert''s sister.  Can anyone substantiate this? 

"James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war"

Got to admit though "Ncfc", if they are, then it''s a bit of a bloody masterstroke really - isn''t it ? [:)]

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war .
[/quote]

Nope, we''re keeping them !!

[/quote]

Mr Nursery make himself look like a bit of a fool when he was interviewed on talkshite and he plainly didn''t understand the situation around Lambert''s contract and this issue with compensation.

[quote user="Ncfc"]James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war .[/quote]What''s his next article? Bears poo in the woods?

Nursey''s got Villa down for a top 10 finish and then Lambert to go to Manure as Ferguson''s successor after 2 years..... It will be interesting seeing him achieve that without Culverhouse.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"James Nursey at the Mirror reckons Culverhouse and Karsa will almost certainly join Lambert at Villa , they are just pawns in the compensation war"

Got to admit though "Ncfc", if they are, then it''s a bit of a bloody masterstroke really - isn''t it ? [:)][/quote]It was always going to be the way, that or an extra million on Holts transfer fee . Villa were never going to get him for free.

[quote user="paul moy"]Nursey''s got Villa down for a top 10 finish and then Lambert to go to Manure as Ferguson''s successor after 2 years..... It will be interesting seeing him achieve that without Culverhouse.[/quote]If Lambert has to make do at Villa without Culverhouse then Lambert will be lucky to replace Darren Ferguson at Peterborough Utd.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="paul moy"]Nursey''s got Villa down for a top 10 finish and then Lambert to go to Manure as Ferguson''s successor after 2 years..... It will be interesting seeing him achieve that without Culverhouse.[/quote]

If Lambert has to make do at Villa without Culverhouse then Lambert will be lucky to replace Darren Ferguson at Peterborough Utd.
[/quote]

... and he will no doubt look back in years to come as Norwich being the peak of his career....

It just maybe that Culverhouse and Karsa like it at Norwich and are rightfully proud of what they''ve acheved.Or is it just a cunning plan by McNally ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="paul moy"]Nursey''s got Villa down for a top 10 finish and then Lambert to go to Manure as Ferguson''s successor after 2 years..... It will be interesting seeing him achieve that without Culverhouse.[/quote]

If Lambert has to make do at Villa without Culverhouse then Lambert will be lucky to replace Darren Ferguson at Peterborough Utd.
[/quote]

... and he will no doubt look back in years to come as Norwich being the peak of his career....

[/quote]

If Lambert fails at Villa, which at this stage is just as likely as he will succeed , if not more, he will never get a job at a "big" club again. A huge gamble on his part given Villa''s present situation..................has he backed the wrong horse?!?!?

If you are into your body language then check out McNally at the Press Conference when he talks about Culverhouse and Karsa staying.  They are DEFINITELY being used as pawns in the compensation war and they will join Lambert at Villa eventually....when they pay up.  He almost can''t top from smling. 

McNally is a tough nut and no doubt, but I''d love to play poker against him.

There seems little doubt that Culverhouse and Karsa are caught in the middle of the Villa / City compensation battle and will end up at Villa Park before too long.

They must wonder, however, what they have let themselves in for.

Clearly, Villa are determined to play every trick in the book to avoid paying compensation for any of the management team which, if I were in Culverhouse or Karsa''s shoes (or Lambert''s for that matter) would make me wonder      a) How much they really valued me or b) Are they really that hard up? or c) Are my potential new employers totally lacking in class? (Or any combination of the three!)

We jokingly talk about ''McNasty'' and the way he conducts himself but it would appear that the acquisition of Chris Hughton and his team from Birmingham was handled in an exemplary fashion with proper compensation paid and the guys leaving with dignity and warm words on both sides.( I know the same could not be said about PL''s switch from Col. U but maybe we learned something from that experience)

While I absolutely acknowledge the tremendous achievements of ''Team Lambert'', the extensive comments I have read about Chris Hughton suggest that he not only has a passionate will to win but conducts himself in a manner appropriate for a highly professional premiership manager. Although results are everything in the football ''business'', and CH has yet to prove himself with us in this respect, I can''t help thinking that, when we look back in a few years time, we will see this change as extremely positive and another step forward for our club.

Surely if they are being used as pawns in a battle over compensation they could just resign? Or an i missing something? Obviously i hope this is true and they`ll be stating on but after Lambert and Holt i`m trying not to get my hopes up.....

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

If you are into your body language then check out McNally at the Press Conference when he talks about Culverhouse and Karsa staying.  They are DEFINITELY being used as pawns in the compensation war and they will join Lambert at Villa eventually....when they pay up.  He almost can''t top from smling. 

McNally is a tough nut and no doubt, but I''d love to play poker against him.

[/quote]McNasty is holding all the aces and won''t want to be seen as a pussy allowing Villa to take what they want for very little money. Lambert will be in a panic worried how on earth he will cope without Culverhouse. He will have to put pressure on Villa to pay whatever it takes to get him. Culverhouse is a prize asset.Villa and Lambert have been very short-sighted. We need extra coaches anyway so might as well keep Culverhouse. The loss to Villa also helps Norwich City.

They could submit their notices and serve any notice period due, if a resolution (gardening leave) could not be reached.

If they believed that they were being used as pawns and had reason to believe this and the situation could not be resolved, I agree that they could resign their positions on the basis that they are untenable.

Cheers slim, so essentially it seems that as they haven`t resigned yet it does look like they actually want to stay? I so,so hope so!

Mr Carrow,

I believe that they are on rolling contracts which are likely to have a minimum notice period so, in theory at least, NCFC could force them to ''work'' their notice or, more likely, go on ''gardening leave'' for this period thus being unavailable to work for AV or Lambert.

If they just resign and leave they are in breach of their contracts and could be forced to compensate NCFC from their own pockets and might be subject to an injunction forbidding them from joining a competitor during the nominal notice period. If McNally chose to, he might also sue AV for inciting them to breach their contracts.

In normal, civilised, situations, compensation would be agreed for the breach of contract and AV would pay NCFC to release them from their obligations. It seems that what might be happening here is that AV are refusing to enter reasonable negotiations and are counting on Norwich to dismiss IC and PK as surplus to requirements thus breaching their contracts and leaving them free to join PL and also possibly to claim compensation from Norwich for breach of contract!!

If this is indeed what is happening, it is understandable that Mr McNally is ''not playing'' and is emphasising that their old jobs remain unchanged under the new structure thus throwing the ball firmly back into their court. 

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]

Mr Carrow,

I believe that they are on rolling contracts which are likely to have a minimum notice period so, in theory at least, NCFC could force them to ''work'' their notice or, more likely, go on ''gardening leave'' for this period thus being unavailable to work for AV or Lambert.

If they just resign and leave they are in breach of their contracts and could be forced to compensate NCFC from their own pockets and might be subject to an injunction forbidding them from joining a competitor during the nominal notice period. If McNally chose to, he might also sue AV for inciting them to breach their contracts.

In normal, civilised, situations, compensation would be agreed for the breach of contract and AV would pay NCFC to release them from their obligations. It seems that what might be happening here is that AV are refusing to enter reasonable negotiations and are counting on Norwich to dismiss IC and PK as surplus to requirements thus breaching their contracts and leaving them free to join PL and also possibly to claim compensation from Norwich for breach of contract!!

If this is indeed what is happening, it is understandable that Mr McNally is ''not playing'' and is emphasising that their old jobs remain unchanged under the new structure thus throwing the ball firmly back into their court. 

[/quote]

Exactly this!

Cheers Yelverton, i`ve been away for the week so only now catching up on the detail of what`s been going on.  What i don`t understand is that surely IC and GK are on very similar contracts to Lambert?  If he could just resign i don`t understand why they cannot- as i believe they did when we got Lambert from Colchester.

Mr C

The difference appears to be that Lambert had a clause in his contract allowing him to ''speak to other clubs if an approach was made through the right channels''.

What appears to have happened is that AV approached Norwich and PL was (probably mistakenly!) refused permission to speak to them. Lambert then (presumably acting under advice) resigned and claimed that NCFC had committed a fundamental breach of his contract which entitled him to treat it as no longer valid. In these circumstance AV will argue that, since there was no longer a valid contract between Lambert and NCFC, Lambert was a free agent and they are not liable to pay compensation.

If this is indeed the case, it is likely that nobody bothered to insert the ''approach'' clause into Karsa or Culverhouse''s contract on the assumption that, if PL went, they would automatically go too as any new manager would want his own team and they would want to go with Lambert. It seems that this was the Achille''s heel which could force AV to pay something in the end as I can''t imagine PL wanting to be deprived of his right hand men!

If this is indeed the scenario, I have little respect for the ''so called big club'' that Team Lambert is joining unless they really are so hard-up that half a million pounds or whatever is a highly significant sum to them!