Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

what a lovely bloke

I just needed to tell everyone that i met Chris Hughton last night (and David McNally) and I was so impressed with him, he spoke freely to lots of NCFC fans and was a thoroughly nice chap in my opinion.  Didn''t speak to him for long and didn''t get any gossip, just wanted to tell you all that i''d met him.  All he did say was that he is proud to be NCFC manager and can''t wait to get started, i wished him luck and went home very very happy!  That is all

[quote user="delta bravo"]I just needed to tell everyone that i met Chris Hughton last night (and David McNally) and I was so impressed with him, he spoke freely to lots of NCFC fans and was a thoroughly nice chap in my opinion.  Didn''t speak to him for long and didn''t get any gossip, just wanted to tell you all that i''d met him.  All he did say was that he is proud to be NCFC manager and can''t wait to get started, i wished him luck and went home very very happy!  That is all
[/quote]

Nice smile, iron teeth... 

Saw a ten minute interview and he came accross as very approachable and likeable. So long as he commands respect with the players and his tactical nous is there he''ll do for me.

I think that evryone regards him as one of football''s gentlemen, and most would say that he achieves his results without having to be overbearing. He seems to have time for supporters, and gives honest and direct answers to questions. Players widely talk of his caring expression, which should at least match Lambert (- Russell Martin spoke of Lambert having an ability to encourage squad members who were not likely to play regularly.)

When I heard this, I was intially worried whether he has the toughness to cope with our situation next year. The answer is that he seems to have it - he said very firmly in the press conference "I want to win." He is also prepared to work very hard - he has even taken away the CDs of all matches last season, as a preliminary, to try to see the strengths and weaknesses as early as possible. He may have been joking, but he claimed that he was taking these away on holiday with him. This is quite possible, as he wants to learn about all the players before they report back.

He is articulate, and a wider set of expressions than Lambert had, which is refreshing.

we dont need a lovely bloke :-/ The more you dig deeper ( and perhaps the more we accept the truth we all knew ) Lambert was not ever going to get the award of Mr Nice Guy. That said we even give our own chief exec the moniker of "McNasty" so I think it goes to show.I get the feeling that Hughton is one tough bastard underneath the gentleman exterior. Looking at his career in football he has been at Tottenham without even looking at the whole Englishman playing for Ireland thing  !I am 100% behind Hughton as he was my first choice as soon as it was obvious that Lambert was leaving.

My only dilema now is Holt... and if he leaves do I smash my favourite Grant Holt coffee mug :-/ Already left it on my desk at work to find someone had written Aston Villa on it with a sharpie :-/

im sure Hughton is a nice guy away from the training ground etc...i expect when it comes down to business he is a ruthless son of a gun!he''ll lose it when he needs to.

[quote user="Salopian"]

I think that evryone regards him as one of football''s gentlemen, and most would say that he achieves his results without having to be overbearing. He seems to have time for supporters, and gives honest and direct answers to questions. Players widely talk of his caring expression, which should at least match Lambert (- Russell Martin spoke of Lambert having an ability to encourage squad members who were not likely to play regularly.)

When I heard this, I was intially worried whether he has the toughness to cope with our situation next year. The answer is that he seems to have it - he said very firmly in the press conference "I want to win." He is also prepared to work very hard - he has even taken away the CDs of all matches last season, as a preliminary, to try to see the strengths and weaknesses as early as possible. He may have been joking, but he claimed that he was taking these away on holiday with him. This is quite possible, as he wants to learn about all the players before they report back.

He is articulate, and a wider set of expressions than Lambert had, which is refreshing.

[/quote]

Sounds like a certain Nigel Worthington was once described.....

[quote user="Salopian"]

[/quote]Bye Bye Eliot Ward !!

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"]He did a tremendous job in difficult circumstances at Blues and I think he''ll carry on the success you''ve enjoyed under Lambert.

I sincerely hope he does well as he comes across as a decent man.
[/quote]

Completely off-subject GoPW, but your user name has brought back fond memories to me of my ten years in education in Brum.

One colleague was an ardent Villa fan and forever harped on about Pongo Waring, a player we had never heard of, I am ashamed to admit.

We ended up writing a short spoof musical entitled, "Pongo" and I remember that the main song was, "Don''t Cry For Me Aston Villa."  

I now dedicate this to Paul Lambert. 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Salopian"]

[/quote]Bye Bye Eliot Ward !![/quote]lol thats okay Ward destroyed all recordings of the Liverpool game

[quote user="Salopian"].........He is also prepared to work very hard - he has even taken away the CDs of all matches last season, as a preliminary, to try to see the strengths and weaknesses as early as possible. He may have been joking, but he claimed that he was taking these away on holiday with him. [/quote]Hope he was joking as Mrs H won''t see the funny side otherwise.......