Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Cully and Karsa must be Hughton's first signing.

Getting these two with a 3 year deal would be a massive boost for the club and players alike as Hughton''s first signings. Just to see this announced "Culverhouse and Karsa sign new 3 year deal" would be fantastic.Please make this happen McNally & Hughton.

Would absolutely love this to happen, I think it would really be a kick in the teeth to Villa who will rue not settling compensation the Gentlemans way and taking the matter to a tribunal

I think Karsa''s only there because he''s Lambert''s brother-in-law. As "Director of Operations", I don''t think he does anything useful.

Contracts can be can be re-signed rolling or not within the club.Culverhouse is priority, but if Karsa has a role to play why not sign both.

putting Karsa aside for a moment as I''m not sure quite what role he performs (or indeed if it''s a role that Chris Hughtons deems necesaary?), the only way I can see Culverhouse possibly staying is if he enjoys being at the club so much he''ll stay even if his role is changed/diminished or he and Hughton know each other from their Spurs days and he will continue with his asst manager''s role beacuse other than this I just can''t see how he and Calderwood can both be here?

[quote user="Dibs"]Getting these two with a 3 year deal would be a massive boost for the club and players alike as Hughton''s first signings.

Just to see this announced "Culverhouse and Karsa sign new 3 year deal" would be fantastic.

Please make this happen McNally & Hughton.
[/quote]

Why?

They are unnecessary now (well certainly Karsa anyway). We have a new manager with his own assistant and first team coach. If CH alone was coming in then your point would be valid. They will only take away funds that could be put towards the higher priority of the playing budget! 

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Dibs"]Getting these two with a 3 year deal would be a massive boost for the club and players alike as Hughton''s first signings.

Just to see this announced "Culverhouse and Karsa sign new 3 year deal" would be fantastic.

Please make this happen McNally & Hughton.
[/quote]

Why?

They are unnecessary now (well certainly Karsa anyway). We have a new manager with his own assistant and first team coach. If CH alone was coming in then your point would be valid. They will only take away funds that could be put towards the higher priority of the playing budget! 

[/quote]

Surely the highest priority is trying to ensure that Villa will be in a relegation scrap. Thus keeping Cully is doubly beneficial to us.

Our coaching staff has been understrength, we are in the Premier League now and should have 3 first team coaches (including the Assistant Manager) to fit in with pretty much the rest of the league, with this in mind, if Karsa & Culverhouse do leave, we will be in the market for an additional First Team Coach (or at least I hope so)

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]I think Karsa''s only there because he''s Lambert''s brother-in-law. As "Director of Operations", I don''t think he does anything useful.[/quote]There''s no way that Karsa would still be here if he was related to Lambert as he would have been shown the door.

If Lambert had vanished without a trace would we still want these 2 on our staff? or are we purely being emotional?That is the question we need to ask and if it''s the latter then we should let them go. After getting Villa to pay up. If they''re not going to pay up then make them work out the remainder of their contracts. I wonder what sort of money would they be on?

Could anyone give me one good reason why Karsa should stay? Or in fact one good reason why he should go?

In fact...

What''s the point of Karsa?

I think people genuinely rate Cully as an excellent coach, good tactically and what not.

He''d enhance what we''ve got should he stay, sticking two fingers up to Lambert in the process would be a mere bonus!

Culverhouse played a massive role in our success of the last 3 seasons to the extent that a lot of the signings were ones he recommended and the tactical awareness was obviously 2nd to none!

Not sure what Karsa brought to the table so wouldn''t be bothered about him staying!

Like another poster said, keeping Culverhouse at Norwich would help us and would lessen Lamberts chances of being successful at Villa!

I''m sure theres room for Culverhouse at the club!

Culverhouse is services are required at the club, you will find it hard to better him.Karsa not sure, could have played a part in City''s turn around but mainly because its two fingers up at Lambert.