Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

can hughton take us to europe?

But spartacus......... Like so many others you read me wrong. It''s not what I hope but what I anticipate.Very different things.I''ve not had any issues with PL (other than after he walked) and I have no axe to grind with Hughton but I have always viewed City''s recent meteoric rise in fortunes as a ''bubble''. I believe that this has just burst and we will now find our ''proper'' league level from next season on... until there is a change of ownership. [:)]I''m just a realist that''s all. [:)]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

But spartacus......... Like so many others you read me wrong. It''s not what I hope but what I anticipate.Very different things.

I''ve not had any issues with PL (other than after he walked) and I have no axe to grind with Hughton but I have always viewed City''s recent meteoric rise in fortunes as a ''bubble''. I believe that this has just burst and we will now find our ''proper'' league level from next season on... until there is a change of ownership. [:)]

I''m just a realist that''s all. [:)]

[/quote]

Realist???   Fortune teller more like.    Look into the future and  forsee what is going to happen.  "The world will end at 12.25 today"        .............Oh - Its 12.26 now, whoopee!!   

Thats not realism - thats pessimism.    "We''ll never get out of League 1 while Delia''s here...................  Oh.............We''ll never get out of the Championship while Delia is here"..................Oh................We''ll never survive in the Premier League while Delia''s here...............Oh.............??"

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

But spartacus......... Like so many others you read me wrong. It''s not what I hope but what I anticipate.Very different things.

I''ve not had any issues with PL (other than after he walked) and I have no axe to grind with Hughton but I have always viewed City''s recent meteoric rise in fortunes as a ''bubble''. I believe that this has just burst and we will now find our ''proper'' league level from next season on... until there is a change of ownership. [:)]

I''m just a realist that''s all. [:)]

[/quote]......our proper level? what a load of biased carp. you can''t admit that the club is well run and doing very well under the present regime, still yearning for the chase era to return, when some good things happened but a lot of bad as well, which you probably will never admit. dean windass anyone? chris sutton anyone?

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/binner.png[/IMG]

If we survive next season it will be an even bigger achievement than this season.

Stale Premiership teams have gone, vibrant and cash rich Championship sides have arrived ... oh, and the man solely responsible for our miraculous rise has left and our captain with 70 goals in 3 years wants to leave!

Next season will be a bitter slog but hopefully the character of our players, backing of our supporters and the wisdom of Hughton can give us a fighting chance. Also we don''t know how new management at WBA  and Swansea will impact those clubs.

I would be delighted with 17th - I would take it now!

I too don''t think that finishing 17th next season is any less of a success than 12th this season. the reason why is that we''re commited to paying off our debts by then end of next season, the 3 weekest teams have been relegated. QPR will be stronger from now on, I don''t think Wigan will be near the bottom either. In fact, apart from Reading, I''m struggling to see who would be clearly in the bottom 3!!

[quote user="K Lo"]I too don''t think that finishing 17th next season is any less of a success than 12th this season. the reason why is that we''re commited to paying off our debts by then end of next season, the 3 weekest teams have been relegated. QPR will be stronger from now on, I don''t think Wigan will be near the bottom either. In fact, apart from Reading, I''m struggling to see who would be clearly in the bottom 3!!
[/quote]

What''s worth remembering is that at the start of last season many predicted Newcastle to struggle and that Wolves and Bolton were wily enough to survive (at the expense of NCFC and SCFC).

We won''t really know until Christmas if we are strong enough without Lambert to survive in the new league.

He already has taken us into Europe. He''s not been here 24 hours yet and we already have a friendly against Ajax. That''s what I call quick work.[:D]

I see the rose tinted blindfolds are already in place..........

Europe, we are a long way off... lets try and keep up next season. I am afrad weak teams came down and strong teams came up and those like sunderland. villa and QPR will not be as weak as they were next season.Staying up is going to be so very hard.Europe, well once our youth system is producing great elite players, we have paid alot of money to have this youth set-up, we need some more financial backing and we need to be in this league for about 5 years before Europe even enters the mind.We are not there yet, our goal is premiership survival each season and the £££££££

[quote user="K Lo"]I too don''t think that finishing 17th next season is any less of a success than 12th this season. the reason why is that we''re commited to paying off our debts by then end of next season, the 3 weekest teams have been relegated. QPR will be stronger from now on, I don''t think Wigan will be near the bottom either. In fact, apart from Reading, I''m struggling to see who would be clearly in the bottom 3!!
[/quote]

We are not the only club having to finance debt in the premiership.

Possibly but I don''t subscribe to the view that next seasons Premiership will be the weakest cause I think Reading, Southampton and West Ham will be stronger than Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves were this season!

I''ll take 17th now and if Hughton does that then that''ll be job done, but obviously we have to aim higher than that!