Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Nikola Zigic - wants to follow Hughton - CH wants him

At 31 (32 when seasons under way) and wiith just 16 goals in 60 appearances, I would be very disapointed.  I hope that the club continues with the same transfer policy that has faired us so well over the last few years but now twe can start casting our net a bit wider and start looking towards Europe.  There are plenty of players playering in mid table European club who would love a crack at the premier league.

I’m not a fan of Zigic either but I also wouldn’t take any notice of transfer speculation just yet as I think we scored more headed goals than any other team (?) so I doubt it’s a certainty.

However, I’d only be a little miffed if he was a replacement for Wilbraham but absolutely not a replacement for Holt.

Not at all convinced by this story. It sounds like Zigic''s agent and a few journos getting together to beef up a rumour that doesn''t exist in reality.

The bottom line is that if we''ve got just a few mill to toss around on new strikers, we can do a lot better for ourselves than Nikola Zigic . Wouldn''t get him even if we had a bottomless pit of money and could have as big a squad as we want either.

l would be happy with Zigic coming here, if he dropped his wage demands and came for under a million. He had great potential once and could be a good squad player.

Not interested in squad players, or players that are 31, or players that are reportedly on such high wages for the quality they will offer over the the length of the contract.The advantage of Holt moving on is that we can then move to build our strike force for the next 3-4 years that can be young, improving and possibly improving their financial worth.I would be disappointed, there are great players in Europe that we are in a position to look at and good players in England, I understand you need to bring in players from your club and I hope some players do. But we need genuine starters for this league and ones that are of a certain age to develop with our team.Do I think Zigic will be a signing? No. I think Hughton will see this as a great young squad which needs some tweaking throughout but it is in a good position compared to having to stick with McLeish''s team.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

We are going to make a bid for Shola Ameobi.

[/quote]

Well, that''s an interesting one. Ameobi for me has a always flattered to decieve and will definitely cost a LOT in wages. He could be a player that would benefit being at a new club. If I had to choose I would have Zigic, as there is a very good player just waiting to perform, less risk, less cost, possibly more improvement.

Massive no from me for Zigic! He doesn''t even start that many games for Birmingham and bar a few games, looks totally useless. For a tall lad, he is not all that at winning balls or causing major problems. Ouch. If Hughton is going back to Birmingham for players I''d take Davies and Redmond!

I don''t think we should sign players to be "squad players". We should sign players to improve what we have. Without being disrespectful the player replaced would become the "squad player". That''s the way I see a club moving forwards.

Dear God no !!!! Please NO!! Reminds me of a certain Dave Striker, just not as skillful.

[quote user="Scooby"]Dear God no !!!! Please NO!! Reminds me of a certain Dave Striker, just not as skillful.[/quote]

My goodness, I''d forgotten about David Strihavka :-)......it could be the same sort of process that makes you forget stuff when you''ve been in an accident, as I don''t remember getting hypnosis to rid me of the memories.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]If we can get him cheap due to Brum''s financial situation and Hughton wants to sign him, then I''ll back him 100%. I think he might be handy as a player coming off the bench.[/quote]

Adequate replacement for a striker who has recently left