Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Nikola Zigic - wants to follow Hughton - CH wants him

I''ve heard this twice today from two media sources. Last night my my old uni mate who works in the media in the midlands told me on FB.

This makes a lot of sense. I don''t think Holt will stay especially as Calderwood is coming. Sad to see Holt go but would you happy with Zigic? I think it''d be a good start.

No I would not be happy with Zigic, terrible player who fell flat on his arse when Brum were last in the Prem.

Only seen him play a couple of times, and the odd highlight, but was completely unimpressed every time. Considering his rumoured transfer fee and wages, and the fact he''s 31, I wouldn''t touch him with a barge pole.

Over the years Zigic hasn''t been played correctly, especially under Mcleish. With CH and the way we play and can create chances, I think , personally, he could be good. This isn''t my suggestion, I''ve heard it three times (one source as far as I''m concerned is 100%) now and I''m beginning to like it.

Wouldn''t be a massive fan of this to be honest. Don''t think he is good enough.

If we can get him cheap due to Brum''s financial situation and Hughton wants to sign him, then I''ll back him 100%. I think he might be handy as a player coming off the bench.

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

Poor mans Crouch.

I''d boo him if we signed him

[/quote]

Would you boo him before he took to the pitch or would you give him say 20mins to prove his worth?

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

Poor mans Crouch.

I''d boo him if we signed him

[/quote]

I''m sure Nikola Zigic is very concerned about you doing that.....well done.

No.

If we''re going to play to a strong and physical striker then do so with Moro-he''s more than capable. He doesn''t chase back for things and go wide like Holt, but then how many other players do? We don''t need a replacement for him-another striker=yes, a copy of Holt=no.

Zigic would go against the whole playing and recruitment ethos that was started by Lambert and co. Overpriced, overpaid and looking for an excuse for a big move, signing on fee and another nice contract and promotion to the Premier League. No way. Give Morison the chance to establish himself as the No.1 striker and have his game and strengths as an option. I think Hughton will be a good Manager for him, will give him confidence and belief in himself, he could be our 15 goal man next season given the chance-he wasn''t so far away last time around.

All the right noises are being made about wanting to keep Holt but I can''t see it happening-too many bridges have been burnt-like Lambert, we''d now forever be worried about his head being turned every week or so if he turns it on again next season. He did a great job but its time to try to move on without him, just as we are the previous Manager. I don''t think the best way of doing that will be to bring in a Holt Mk.II.

I''m totally underwhelmed and can only think that Brum want to get his wage off of their books. He was not even a regular when they were relegated and if we pay him 50K a week then I despair. [:(]

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

didnt we have this suggestion already and decided that his £50k per week current deal made it a non-starter?

[/quote]Yep.  IMO the media have done what we''ve done on this message board. We''ve speculated, and they''ve printed it as a story.

He''s not as clumsy and slow as you might expect from such a big man, but he is not very skilful. Given Holt, Morison and Jackson, I think that he would rank fourth. He is good in the air, but I suspect that if he was any good Stoke would have pursued him already. They like big men and a direct approach.

All in all, I do not think that this would represent an improvement, and there must surely be better strikers around who would not break the wages policy.  If CH wants him, then the player must have qualitites which have not been apparent to most other people.

Zigic started only 20 league games under Hughton when he was at Birmingham, it hardly sounds like he was one of the most valued members of his squad.

The few times i''ve seen Birmingham play this year he''s been used as an impact sub, would be good in that role for us but not when on huge wages.

[quote user="Chris Gorehams Alter Ego"]

I hope it was written into CH''s contract, that under no circumstances does he go back for Zigic.

Awful player.

[/quote]

Perhaps it was written into the compensation deal that we had to take him !!! 

I would say there are only four players in the current Birmingham squad who are worth looking at if we are serious about progressing the club:Chris BurkeJordon MutchNathan RedmondCurtis Davies

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Then I would go for Holt and give him his pay rise!!!![/quote]

The irony is that if they had done that with Holt, Lambert etc a few weeks back we wouldn''t have the current mess IMO.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I''ve heard this twice today from two media sources. Last night my my old uni mate who works in the media in the midlands told me on FB. This makes a lot of sense. I don''t think Holt will stay especially as Calderwood is coming. Sad to see Holt go but would you happy with Zigic? I think it''d be a good start.[/quote]

No not for me either, this Calderwood and Holt issue is just an issue with the fans Holt has proven Calderwood wronge on three seasons of playing for us Why should we believe that Calderwood will still have a bad thing, perhaps he will swallow his pride kiss and make up and admit  he was wronge, and prepare for next season With Holt.

Get used to nonsense like this everybody as this messageboard will be riddled with rumours about players CH has come into contact with in recent years.

Whether it''s a serious set of reports or not......my friend of twenty years who told me last night is an impeccable journalistic source in the Midlands. I don''t usually get involved in rumours TIL. I think it''s interesting, that''s all.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]Whether it''s a serious set of reports or not......my friend of twenty years who told me last night is an impeccable journalistic source in the Midlands. I don''t usually get involved in rumours TIL. I think it''s interesting, that''s all.[/quote]......it sounds as if the rumour says he wants to follow hughton, not that hughton wants him here. nor would macca allow our wage structure to be broken. this is a total no go.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''m totally underwhelmed and can only think that Brum want to get his wage off of their books. He was not even a regular when they were relegated and if we pay him 50K a week then I despair. [:(][/quote]

50K per week? Wasn''t that what the Harlem Globetrotters paid him a few years ago? I can''t see little Brum, or the big Yeung for that matter, forking out that much on one player.

Either way, no way.