Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Funds...

We have been told by Mcnally that we have £15 million in funds and presumably how much we make in selling players so if we do sell players like Barnett and Crofts, I feel we could raise our budget considerably.

Out:-

- Barnet 600k

-Crofts £1m

- Martin £1.2m

- Lappin £400k

- Ward £1m

- Lambert ;) £1m

And maybe...

- Holt £5 million

If these players do sell we would have around £20-25m meaning we can bring in targets such as

- Snodgrass £2m

- Naughton £4m

- Davies £4m

- Guthrie Free

- Rhodes £5m

- Emnes £3m

- (Longshot) Max Gradel £2m

Meaning we would have spent the £20 million and if Grant does go, £5 million for a new striker such as Rhodes would be very suitable and it could work well or it could end up costing us but we will have to trust Hughton to do the right thing. Hughtons Y&G Army!!!

Fag packet economics, but always good for discussion..I think you''ve over valued a lot of our players given that it''s a buyers market with fringe players.We shouldn''t sell Lappin - he is massively valuable to us as he seems content to play a bit part role and is also versatile and left footed. He did terrifically well all things considered when he was called upon last season.Snodgrass will cost more than £2m. I know his contract is short, but there will be more people than just us wanting him.Naughton I think the price is right, but we''ll struggle to get TH to sell IMO.I think Rhodes will be more like £6m plus

Have i missed something or when has McNally said we have a £15 million transfer pot ? [:^)]

[quote user="Skerritt"]We have been told by Mcnally that we have £15 million in funds and presumably how much we make in selling players so if we do sell players like Barnett and Crofts, I feel we could raise our budget considerably.

Out:-

- Barnet 600k

-Crofts £1m

- Martin £1.2m

- Lappin £400k

- Ward £1m

- Lambert ;) £1m

And maybe...

- Holt £5 million

If these players do sell we would have around £20-25m meaning we can bring in targets such as

- Snodgrass £2m

- Naughton £4m

- Davies £4m

- Guthrie Free

- Rhodes £5m

- Emnes £3m

- (Longshot) Max Gradel £2m

Meaning we would have spent the £20 million and if Grant does go, £5 million for a new striker such as Rhodes would be very suitable and it could work well or it could end up costing us but we will have to trust Hughton to do the right thing. Hughtons Y&G Army!!![/quote] where did mccnally say this?

[quote user="Skerritt"]We have been told by Mcnally that we have £15 million in funds [/quote]I thought McNally said we had £10m more than last seasons amount.

I reckon Lambert will probably bring Naughton to Villa, Snodgrass too.

Looking at his time at Newcastle two of Hughton''s most successful signings were Ben Arfa and Tiote? Maybe we''ll see a change in policy from hidden lower league gems to hidden foreign gems.

It was said at the end of season meeting that the manager has £10 million more than last seasons budget. So think we are looking at more like between £22-£25 million than £15million.

Yeah that probably is the case thinking about it.

I understand the situation to be closer to the £20-£25m mark but that includes wages which means transfer fees could be lower than expected, plus, does this include agent fees? If so, expect even less to be spent on transfer fees. Maybe a bargain or two out there on frees but I wouldnt expect huge transfer fees spent.

[quote user="Mahogany"]I reckon Lambert will probably bring Naughton to Villa, Snodgrass too. Looking at his time at Newcastle two of Hughton''s most successful signings were Ben Arfa and Tiote? Maybe we''ll see a change in policy from hidden lower league gems to hidden foreign gems.[/quote]

Lambert said we''d be looking more at foreign markets this time in the EDP, something about having picked the fruit on the nearest branches.

I think the UK market is highly inflated, if we can get a tiote style player from Europe I would be over the moon. Championship players are over the odds.Unfortunately the names that many of us mention are probably wide of the mark with Hughton, with Lambert I think there would have been a route with many of the players mentioned. I just can''t wait for us to get busy in this transfer window.

Last seasons budget was 37 million inclusive of wages and transfer fees. At the player of the season dinner Mr Bowkett announced that the budget would be increased by 10 million for this season. Wages will probably account for between 20 and 25 million of that which should leave somewhere between 22 and 27 million for transfer fees. If we stay up the budget will increase by a similar amount next year. So we''re not as poor as some seem to think.

If we stay up aren''t we supposed to be increasing the ground capacity but 5-10,000? I would have thought that at best our budget would be flat if we stay up.

I expect quite a few players will have automatic increases to their salary for us having stayed up so even before we spend anything this year our expenses will have grown. I expect we will probably have about £5m or so more to spend on transfer fees than last summer, then depending on how things look come January maybe another 5m or so