Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Villa waiting for us to release culverhouse and karsa

As expected, according to this they will definitely be leaving. Major case of cat and mouse here, villa think they are playing a blinder on this one but haven''t reckoned mcnasty on this one.... Let''s the games continue....

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/06/08/aston-villa-await-decisions-on-backroom-staff-97319-31140281/

Still, I don''t like the comments saying "no compensation for the assistants either". Has there been any formal communication that the lambert compensation issue may go to a tribunal or are we up the creek on this one?

Mmmm so all needs to be in place by 5/7/2012 even if McNally is playing games wont cost to much to keep them until Lambert has to appoint lol

I have also picked up on something else designed not to give some of Lamberts antics away. It makes you beleive he has a house here ( did he own Dunston Hall ).

Ultimately we have our backroom team in place. Lambert is the one who needs them in before pre season (assuming he wants them). We are in the superior bargaining position here. If we keep our nerve Villa will eventually have to buckle and pay up. For a so called giant of the game they really have been two bob and tinpot over this situation.

[quote user="Jacko"]

Ultimately we have our backroom team in place. Lambert is the one who needs them in before pre season (assuming he wants them). We are in the superior bargaining position here. If we keep our nerve Villa will eventually have to buckle and pay up. For a so called giant of the game they really have been two bob and tinpot over this situation.

[/quote]

Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah!

One other slightly odd story on there is that Lambert wants to swap the dug outs over at Vanilla Park - that one sounds a bit weird. It seems they have had an increase in s/t sales, though if you read the story that has as much to do with McLeish leaving.

What I don''t quite get is why Lambert was (supposedly) their no1 target, and why they are creaming themselves so much about it; good manager though he appears to be, Vanilla claim to be one of the big guys yet their short list was rather short of big/experienced names.

They also seem to be clinging desperately on to the idea that they will pay us no compensation and are waiting on us to decide the fate of the guys they want as his back room staff. IMO it makes them look small-time, why don''t they just ''buy'' them? - meanwhile we hit the ground running, have gone out, sought the guys we want quietly and professionally and negotiated for them. I know for sure which club comes out of the whole thing best in the wider football community, and it is not Vanilla.

Using the papers as an intermediary in an attempt to weasel out of paying compo might be Villas tactic of choice but IMO it has backfired on them big time in this article.Villa have opened the betting McNally has just seen that they''re bluffing and don''t even hold a pair. Do we check, raise or go all in????

[quote user="Rootin FerHooten"]Using the papers as an intermediary in an attempt to weasel out of paying compo might be Villas tactic of choice but IMO it has backfired on them big time in this article.Villa have opened the betting McNally has just seen that they''re bluffing and don''t even hold a pair. Do we check, raise or go all in????[/quote]

I can''t give you any sort of poker analogy. But what I do know is that come pre season if all Lambert has got for a backroom staff is Peter "the pointer" Grant and Glenn Roedent. He will absolutely soil himself with fear and come running to Lerner begging him to pay the required compensation. I believe that McNally thinks the same and I think he will win any game of brinkmanship.

@jackoPersonally I hope they''re staying well Culverhouse certainly not so sure about GK as I believe him to be PL''s brother in law or some such relation.whatever te situation all Villa had to do was say nothing and we would have had to make decisons over whether to keep them or pay them off. Villa just made that decision a whole lot easier by telling us he wants them and stupidly giving us a date by which they would need to be in place. So we now know that if we don''t want them to stay or they don''t want to stay all we have to do is not sack them and Villa are going to have to come begging.Can''t see the Villa Board being very happy with this article tbh.

It seems that Vanilla do all their talking through the media, something I''m not sure other clubs will like - this whole thing with their manager search has been played out far too much in the press. IMO they don''t come out of it very well at all, and this compensation/back room staff doesn''t do them any favours either.

I agree with RFH a bout this one. Villa are hardly showing themselves to be a big time club on this one. MacLeish''s assistants are still in place, including Gordan Cowans, a favourite Villa ex-player, so it''s curious that the article makes no mention of this. I''d especially like IC to stay as I think he''s done a great job as well as being a City Hall of Famer. I also like McNally''s view that City need a bigger management team for the PL. Be intersting to see what happens on this one!

Let them wait. Bunch of cheapskates purporting to be a ''big'' club.BTW the ''official'' Birmingham City pseudonym for Aston Villa is Viler! [:D]

The amazing thing Branston is their fans think they''ve been ''classy'' in all of this, makes you wonder how they''ve been run for the last few years if they think all this playing things out in the media and as someone reported in the national paper last week ''attempting to diddle us out of compensation'' is in anyway classy. Not to mention the appaling arrogance that we should somehow bow down and let them take the rest of the management team for free.

So, why haven''t Culverhouse and Karsa simply resigned?

Possibly because they know McNally won''t accept it, as in the case of PL''s resignation. I hope it''s because they want to stay and keep things moving forward.

McNally didn''t accept Lambert''s resignation either and didn''t the three simply resign from ColU?

They could simply walk away........but they haven''t yet and I wonder why or what might be going on behind the scenes?

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]So, why haven''t Culverhouse and Karsa simply resigned? Possibly because they know McNally won''t accept it, as in the case of PL''s resignation. I hope it''s because they want to stay and keep things moving forward.[/quote]

Nothing stopping them tendering their reignations in line with the terms in their contract.

Wow, didn''t realise Karsa was his brother in law, perhaps they had a falling out, Lambert was known in Ayslham for his antics with a certain local woman down the black boys, although i believe he''s single now isn''t he, so that shouldn''t matter.to another poster unfortunately Grant is no longer at Villa, left with Mcleish. I expect Lambert will bring his drinking buddy Alan Thompson in

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, why haven''t Culverhouse and Karsa simply resigned?[/quote]Because they then have to pay us a year''s money under the terms of their rolling contract, most likely.

Also if they wanted to go and Villa wanted them then the pair would both walk and villa would compensate them for their breach of contract. I am not sure Villa are really that cheap, i expect Karsa and Cully both want to stay. The villa press are pushing for them both because they know how integral they were to Lambert at city.

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, why haven''t Culverhouse and Karsa simply resigned?[/quote]

Because they then have to pay us a year''s money under the terms of their rolling contract, most likely.
[/quote]

Really?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="whoareyou"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]So, why haven''t Culverhouse and Karsa simply resigned?[/quote]Because they then have to pay us a year''s money under the terms of their rolling contract, most likely.[/quote]

Really?

[/quote]I expect they would have to pay something for breach of contract, depending on what has happened at the club i doubt it would be the full years contract though if it was taken to a tribunal, a tribunal will do anything it can to find against the big company against the little man, so i expect they would be required to pay a fairly large token sum. As i said before, if this was the case then Villa would just offer to compensate them for their breach of contract. I doubt Villa are really that cheap, why would Lambert join a team if they were that strapped for money, wouldn''t fill me with confidence that they would go out and buy the players i put forward to them. I honestly think Cully and Karsa will be here in September.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The amazing thing Branston is their fans think they''ve been ''classy'' in all of this, makes you wonder how they''ve been run for the last few years if they think all this playing things out in the media and as someone reported in the national paper last week ''attempting to diddle us out of compensation'' is in anyway classy. Not to mention the appaling arrogance that we should somehow bow down and let them take the rest of the management team for free.[/quote]Villa haven''t "attempted to diddle Norwich" out of anything. If, as reported, Norwich broke the terms of Lamberts contract by not allowing him the opportunity to speak to Villa then he was a free agent. No club is going to pay out a million pounds that they don''t owe, just for the sake of it. Villa made an official approach to Norwich. If Norwich had let him speak

to us then there was always a chance he''d decline the opportunity or

decide ,after talking, to stay at Norwich. Your board made the decision

for him and left him with little choice but to resign.Also paying a million to Nprwich would have made things a bit smoother but would also weaken Lamberts position in any tribunal as it would imply that Villa thought that Lambert was still contracted to Norwich, which he wasn''t. Because of course IF the reports of the contract are correct then it''s very likely that rather than Villa owing Norwich compensation it''s actually Norwich that owe Lambert compensation for constructive dismissal.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Also if they wanted to go and Villa wanted them then the pair would both walk and villa would compensate them for their breach of contract. I am not sure Villa are really that cheap, i expect Karsa and Cully both want to stay. The villa press are pushing for them both because they know how integral they were to Lambert at city.
[/quote]

Maybe they are more aware of the comments made when they first arrived regarding the 7 year plan and lets do it for the fans, perhaps they also know what the word Loyalty means even if you can''t spell it, Also maybe now that we have C H in place there has been more contract talks with them and they want to stay, But what ever happens here we hold the ace cards, and being an exile from the B-ham area myself all my family have stopped talking to me.   

What I find really curious about the article is that nobody is quoted.

Where are they getting this information from? Are they assuming? Making it up? Or do they genuinely have insider information? If they do have inside info and they are unable to quote anyone ''on record'', then there is something very dodgy about it.

Personally, though, I''m actually beginning to side with Rudolph and Priceyrice about Cully and Karsa. I beginning to think they may stay because they want to.

I may, however, be wrong and they may both still leave to join up at Villa, but why do they not simply hand in their resignation and accept the consequences? If you really wanted to leave, like Lambert did, it would ultimately be detrimental to the club to keep you.

What''s most important in the whole case is the plans to integrate them into the management staff. Why allow the club to announce officially to the media that you are being integrated into Hughton''s staff, if you have intentions of leaving as soon as possible? If they intend to leave now- due to that announcement- it would be embarrassing to the club... wouldn''t it?

I don''t know. Best wait and see how it all plays out.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]What I find really curious about the article is that nobody is quoted. Where are they getting this information from? Are they assuming? Making it up? Or do they genuinely have insider information? If they do have inside info and they are unable to quote anyone ''on record'', then there is something very dodgy about it. Personally, though, I''m actually beginning to side with Rudolph and Priceyrice about Cully and Karsa. I beginning to think they may stay because they want to. I may, however, be wrong and they may both still leave to join up at Villa, but why do they not simply hand in their resignation and accept the consequences? If you really wanted to leave, like Lambert did, it would ultimately be detrimental to the club to keep you. What''s most important in the whole case is the plans to integrate them into the management staff. Why allow the club to announce officially to the media that you are being integrated into Hughton''s staff, if you have intentions of leaving as soon as possible? If they intend to leave now- due to that announcement- it would be embarrassing to the club... wouldn''t it? I don''t know. Best wait and see how it all plays out.[/quote]

I think many find information on football rumour sites and message boards, But we would never do that would we or even wind them up, But I have been banned on the Vile site    

[quote user="Militant Canary"]What I find really curious about the article is that nobody is quoted.

Where are they getting this information from? Are they assuming? Making it up? Or do they genuinely have insider information? If they do have inside info and they are unable to quote anyone ''on record'', then there is something very dodgy about it. [/quote]Very few sports stories actually have any direct quotes and quite often the "eye catching headline" is actually misleading when you read the main article. It''s most likely ''educated'' guesswork and little bits of gossip from staff at whichever club is involved. All media reports should be taken with a pinch of salt as ultimately they have to fill the sports sections with something and the headlines ''no fresh news from villa, or norwich'' is hardly going to sell papers.

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]The amazing thing Branston is their fans think they''ve been ''classy'' in all of this, makes you wonder how they''ve been run for the last few years if they think all this playing things out in the media and as someone reported in the national paper last week ''attempting to diddle us out of compensation'' is in anyway classy. Not to mention the appaling arrogance that we should somehow bow down and let them take the rest of the management team for free.[/quote]

Villa haven''t "attempted to diddle Norwich" out of anything.

If, as reported, Norwich broke the terms of Lamberts contract by not allowing him the opportunity to speak to Villa then he was a free agent. No club is going to pay out a million pounds that they don''t owe, just for the sake of it. Villa made an official approach to Norwich. If Norwich had let him speak to us then there was always a chance he''d decline the opportunity or decide ,after talking, to stay at Norwich. Your board made the decision for him and left him with little choice but to resign.

Also paying a million to Nprwich would have made things a bit smoother but would also weaken Lamberts position in any tribunal as it would imply that Villa thought that Lambert was still contracted to Norwich, which he wasn''t. Because of course IF the reports of the contract are correct then it''s very likely that rather than Villa owing Norwich compensation it''s actually Norwich that owe Lambert compensation for constructive dismissal.

[/quote]

Isn''t it obvious that Lambert had already been tapped up well before he tendered his resignation. Thus his contract had already been breached by Villa and himself. It will be interesting how this plays out but it''s clear that Cully and Karsa want to stay at Norwich. Lambert will struggle at Villa without his sidekicks and I''m now considering a speculative wager on their relegation. 

[quote user="Ghost of Pongo Waring"]Very few sports stories actually have any direct quotes and quite often the "eye catching headline" is actually misleading when you read the main article. It''s most likely ''educated'' guesswork and little bits of gossip from staff at whichever club is involved. All media reports should be taken with a pinch of salt as ultimately they have to fill the sports sections with something and the headlines ''no fresh news from villa, or norwich'' is hardly going to sell papers.[/quote]And yet you still try to convince us that we breached Lamberts contract, an allegation based upon nothing more concrete that newspaper rumours written by dubious journos like (midlands based) Nursey from the Mirror. Nursey also goes so far as to say the LMA are backing Lambert without mentioning that err that''s their job to err back the manager in such circumstances.[:$]Think about it for a minute how can the LMA publicly back Villa/Lamberts assertion, this means they would have needed to see the evidence and form a decision which kind of supercedes the need for a tribunal. What Nurseys really saying is not that they agree with what he''s claiming but that they will support Lambert in the same way any union might support a member at tribunal.Not quite what Nursey would have you believe but it certainly seems to be fooling the  more gullible down in B6.You will pay sooner or later and you will cr@p yourselves when you learn what an important role Culverhouse played in Lamberts succesful managerial career. At the end of the day Villa are not much more than a sideshow to us now albeit one that is likely to have an extremely amusing ending.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_15233_aston-villa-and-norwich-to-settle-lambert-row-in-court.html looking at this link, it seems like we will go to a tribunal to get compensation, depending on the stipulation in lamberts contract that he claims allowed him to speak to villa, and mcnally denying this was breech of contract.... hopefully it will be sorted out soon otherwise it could tarnish the good reception most norwich fans will give him at carrow road (even tho lambert said he expects us to forget the past and boo him)