Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

VIlla want Holt and Ayala

I just can''t see us selling Ayala unless the price is really big. Was it £800k we paid for him? And we''ve hardly got our moneys worth yet. I am sure he''ll go on to be a top EPL player for us.I also can''t see Holt going to Villa for £5m. I think there would be a few clubs willing to pay that for him and can''t see McNally doing business with Villa after they shafted us with PL.

Irrelevant whether they want them, I doubt McNally will do any business with them until we have sorted out the compensation.

Ayala signed a 3 year deal so I would say they would need to give us at least half of the reported £20million kitty for Holt & Ayala, and to be frank, they aren''t that good and will not sort Villa out, I doubt he would spend that much on these two

[quote user="JC"]Irrelevant whether they want them, I doubt McNally will do any business with them until we have sorted out the compensation.

Ayala signed a 3 year deal so I would say they would need to give us at least half of the reported £20million kitty for Holt & Ayala, and to be frank, they aren''t that good and will not sort Villa out, I doubt he would spend that much on these two[/quote]Good shout mate... I can''t believe PL has only got £20m to spend... I wonder how much CH will have..

We shouldn''t sell any of our players to Villa. Especially as they won''t pay any compensation for Lambert. I hope McNally tells them "to do one", untill they cough up!

Agree. The only business we''ll be doing with Villa is Leon Barnett for 20 Mil

Villa can''t afford Holt and even if they did cough up £6m we''d sell him to another club rather than Villa.

Not surprised he''s going for snoddy though. Wouldn''t it be funny if we outbid them for him!

[quote user="canaryfairy"]Not surprised he''s going for snoddy though. Wouldn''t it be funny if we outbid them for him![/quote]LOL! That would be ace. In fact the club could probably raise some cash from fans to do that.I''d donate £50 if it meant we''d snap Snodgrass from Villa!

Interesting targets because we already have Holt and Ayala, and I don''t think Snodgrass or Phillips would be out of our reach either. I expected more ambition from the step-up that is the massive 1982 European Cup winners Aston Villa. [;)]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Interesting targets because we already have Holt and Ayala, and I don''t think Snodgrass or Phillips would be out of our reach either. I expected more ambition from the step-up that is the massive 1982 European Cup winners Aston Villa. [;)][/quote]Has Lambert ever signed a player from a foreign league? Or should I say non British league?

As far as I''m concerned Villa can have the crew who run the burger van behind the club shop for £20M!

Seriously though as much as I want Holt to stay, I wouldn''t want him to stay if he didn''t want to be here cause then he''d likely not be worth a w*nk to the team.

I''ve also got this feeling that Holts one of those players who only does it at one club and if he leaves us to go to another Premiership club he''d struggle?

Sunderland are thought to want to sign Agbonlahor and Dunne from Villa so I guess that Lambert might see Holt and Ayala as being cheap replacements.Ayala is only 21 so could be worth an absolute fortune in the future. To replace Holt would cost £10m+McNasty should tell Villa to shove it unless they offer Darren Bent in exchange for Holt.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]McNasty should tell Villa to shove it unless they offer Darren Bent in exchange for Holt.[/quote]This guy?[IMG]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40654000/jpg/_40654045_bent270.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="tom cavendish"]McNasty should tell Villa to shove it unless they offer Darren Bent in exchange for Holt.[/quote]This guy?[IMG]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40654000/jpg/_40654045_bent270.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]Yes. McNasty should make a very low offer for Bent. When they decline, McNasty can say "Well you started it".

I once met Darren Bent. I used to manage a phone shop and it was the morning of the 2006 World Cup being announced and Darren Bent had been surprisingly left out of the squad in favour of Theo Walcott which was big news.We were discussing it in the shop and saying how DB should have gone when he literally walked right in.. Weird. He bought a phone for his Mum and then went over to Thomson and booked a holiday.Was a thoroughly nice chap.Also I used to work with a lady who rented a house next door to him and he was always polite apparently.He''s big on the US and their sports.

Highly doubt McNally will deal with Lambert / Villa unless their is something in it for him. Gabby Obschlonggawhore + £8m or £12m the pair seems like a bargin at half the price !

Don''t care if he is he an ex binner Bent is a quality striker. England could really have done with him leading the line whilst Rooney was suspended. He gets a hard time from some critics but his goals record is absolutely outstanding and right up their in the Premiership over the last 6 years or so. As for Ayala to be honest if a big offer came in for him I would seriously consider it. I am not quite as sold on him as the vast majority of this forum are. Granted he is excellent on the ball but I think he looks a bit suspect at times defensively. One example being West Brom away where he was clear favourite to win the ball. Not only did he come out second best, he gave away a penalty and arguably could have been sent off for what was a very wild challenge. I think if we could get someone like Curtis Davies in with that money who has more experience and would bring better leadership qualities to the defence that would be some decent business for me.

Villapark revoloution.....that just sounds retarded, only thing revolving at Villa will be the door to the managers office in 6 months time.

I smell papers making stuff up.Looking at their squad - whilst I can see them wanting a target man, their biggest problem is in the middle of the park. I can''t see him blowing all the budget on more flashy wingers.

If he comes back for anyone it will be Jonny Howson I think. That is something I would want the club to resist very strongly or at the very least I would want silly money for him.

What I find amusing is how open Paul Lambert is now about who he wants to sign now that he is Aston Villa boss. He never did that with us did he. He was always very secretive regarding potential targets. (Sarcasm).

Don''t believe any of it. It''s just cheap tabloidism.

So if this is true he has £20 million to spend, Which is probably less than we have. And he wants to spend half of it on 2 players he already had! Makes you think he would have been better of here, Kept Holt and Ayala and had the extra £20 odd million to improve our squad. If tis is true then I think he has shot himself in the foot.

I think its becoming quite obvious that Villa will have to pay over the odds to get any of our players after being very tight over compensation for Lambert and his backroom staff. Villa are a "big" club with very little money, an owner who is foreign and trying to make money out of the game (No American invests in football without trying to make something out of it!) and a fan base that are slightly deluded and on the slight decline. Holt will only be sold if Houghton feels he has to, the bridges can still be mended but if he does leave expect a different club to Villa or a surprisingly high bid made.

The way I see it is this:

We''re in pretty good shape financially, we don''t need to sell anyone, if we do it will be for silly money. If we sell anyone to Villa it will be for double silly money.

Come on then Paul, you want em then let''s see how big that ''big club'' chequebook is.

[quote user="JF"]So if this is true he has £20 million to spend, Which is probably less than we have. And he wants to spend half of it on 2 players he already had! Makes you think he would have been better of here, Kept Holt and Ayala and had the extra £20 odd million to improve our squad. If tis is true then I think he has shot himself in the foot.[/quote]I agree, and I can''t see Lambert doing it. That said he did raid Colchester silly for his old players.. But the ones he did raid I can''t see him coming after here.. Maybe Fox?

Colchester didn''t sell anyone to us while we were in the same league. Fox signed in the summer after our promotion, and Tierney in the following January.

Does anyone think the Holt/Calderwood, Nottingham Forerst connection could ultimately have an influence on where Grant Holt plays next season? There are some suggestions that it was not all sweetness and light.

[quote user="JF"]So if this is true he has £20 million to spend, Which is probably less than we have. And he wants to spend half of it on 2 players he already had! Makes you think he would have been better of here, Kept Holt and Ayala and had the extra £20 odd million to improve our squad. If tis is true then I think he has shot himself in the foot.[/quote]Villa are looking to sell Agbonlahor and

Dunne to Sunderland. That transfer money and the massive savings in wages (£5m per year) will more than cover the cost of Holt & Ayala. Villa would make a massive profit, have Holt & Ayala, and then have more than £20m to spend on other players.