Sign in to follow this  
Devon Canary

Holt to Vila. Deal already done?

Hi all, thought I''d pop out of lurkdom to post this bit of ''info''.Firstly let me point out that I''ve never posted a rumour before, but I trust the person who told me (sorry can''t be more specific other than to say there is a connection with Villa) but feel free to take this with a large pinch of what ever takes your fancy!I was told this a few days ago but didn''t want to spoil the good vibe on the board with Hughton''s signing etc.My ''sauce'' tells me that Holts deal with Villa was done last week but won''t be anounced, for whatever reason, ''till this coming week. The transfer fee was apparently around 5M but the clincher with Holt is that Villa will double his wages to 40k pw.I have been told a bit more than this, but revealing it would threaten my ''sauces'' anonymity For what it''s worth, and knowing the circles my ''sauce'' moves in, I would say that it quite plausable that they could end up with this sort of insider info, but it could also be one of his mates winding him up!This would of course mean that all the talk of fighting to keep Holt is just a smoke screen to keep the fans happy.Anyhow, there you go, it''s just another message board rumour, feel free to shoot me down. I don''t know whether it''s true or not, in fact I look forward to hearing that Holt''s signed a new improved contract with us OTBC

City want £6m apparently, and if its Villa should be £8m.  I suspect the source is pulling your leg, doubt if they would do this before appointment of new manager, doesn''t show a lot of trust or belief.

[quote user="Forever Norwich"]This is one of those thread''s that will have 20 pages of debating and argument''s in the next 24 hours....
[/quote]

Aye, lad, and I have it on good authority that PL wants the Vile back four next season to be be Naughton Ayala Whitbread  & Tierney - Hoolahan and Howson in midfield with Bennett and Pilkington on the wings - and Holt and Vaughan up front.    Oh and my sauce said that he would be bidding for Ruddy too.   Apparently they''re all up for sale at the right price - who isn''t?  

Binner alert, got my mates to look at your post and they all seem to reakon that your not even from devon, can you post a photo to prove it, apparently that what you have to do now when you post a rumour. In all honesty sounds plausable hope not

Personally I prefer chilli ''sauce'' I expect is is just a wind up, the only reason I posted it, was that the person who told me doesn''t have a history of winding me up, he does have contacts in football and has friends who have contacts at various clubs.

Well in the Goal.com article West Ham to up Holt bid to £4.2 million it says they would double Holts wages to £30,000 but they also claim to have a source that says Holt will not kick a ball for Norwich again . I think maybe its for the best to ship him out now (preferably not to Villa ) and get a new striker in ( not Zigic)

[quote user="Gareth"]Why do people say they can never name their source? I know I would, a named source makes the rumour seem more believable. [/quote]

Its sources for courses.  Or is it horse''s for courses?  For that matter, why doesn''t someone tweet the horse and ask him direct whats going on?

[quote user="Devon Canary"]Personally I prefer chilli ''sauce''

I expect is is just a wind up, the only reason I posted it, was that the person who told me doesn''t have a history of winding me up, he does have contacts in football and has friends who have contacts at various clubs.

[/quote]

It''s always those who "have contacts in football" that seem to be the least reliable "sources" of all.

I love how there are so many sources out there with insider info way before the press get hold of it. If i had info like that i would sell it to whichever paper paid the most.I reckon Holt and Lambert must have asked the source to be a witness to the signatures on his new £40k per week contract.

I thought Holt was said to be on 16k a week... if Villa are offering double his wages which is 40k that would be a spanner in the works to this rumour

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I thought Holt was said to be on 16k a week... if Villa are offering double his wages which is 40k that would be a spanner in the works to this rumour[/quote]^^^That''s what I thought too, in fact I thought it was 15k^^^ Also I forgot to mention that Villa have, allegedly, only offered a two year deal, so that would mean that they thought he was too old as well [:$]

So you reckon the deal was done days ago ? Well looks as though if that was the case Hughton has already been shafted by McNally  as he said one of his first jobs would be to sit down with Grant Holt and hopefully resolve the situation.Secondly why did Bowkett also come out after the appointment of Hughton and state that he wanted Holt to stay?

I smell Bull poo about this rumour.

I do not understand why anyone can think the manager can turn grant holt''s head... Grant Holt has made it totally clear he wants out, he is not happy with match time, contract, £££, his value at the club and that his ego is being knocked. Quite simply, if I was Hughton I would want this over quickly, as mentioned it is no-ones fualt at the club if Holt leaves this summer. It will be no surprise if he leaves and one that does not give us this debate in a year etc. when we think he wants to stay.I hope someone does come in and offer him the money he thinks he deserves, I hope they reward us with a good transfer fee. Give me players like Ba and Cisse for a year, maybe 2 and I would be elated.There will be many rumours, but lets hope the Holt saga is sorted this week.

Doubt anything will be sorted this week as Holt is on his way to Cyprus for David Fox''s wedding. The stag do is Wednesday in Paphos if anyone wants to gatecrash...

Dont shoot me down please but Villa fans seem absoloutely convinced Holt is signing this week. Cant find a link anywhere but I know a lot of people in Birmingham who all claim this was said by Lambert. Like I said cant find a link anywhere so probably nothing in it.

Does make me laugh that they also aledge ( probably right ) they are signing Snodgrass. Makes me laugh as they are all raving over this yet they already have Delph who is better than Snodgrass but they booed him because they thought he was c**p.

TBH I get the impression McNally is the kinda guy who would rather Holt sat on the bench in sulk than even accept something like £10m from Aston Vanilla !

Come On DC, reveal that sauce!

Is it the German scout, Mr Heinz (used to play in the 57 shirt) or well known coach, Mr Branston or could it be the Nigerian agent, Mr. D. addies. Hell, man! (s)You have to tell us!

OP, You are honestly suggesting this part 2!? -

[IMG]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/chirs_sutton_robert_chase_1_1080062!image/2081173223.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/2081173223.jpg[/IMG]

If this is the case, then will Delia get as much stick as old Bob did?[:^)]

[quote user="Cambridgeyellow"]Dont shoot me down please but Villa fans seem absoloutely convinced Holt is signing this week. Cant find a link anywhere but I know a lot of people in Birmingham who all claim this was said by Lambert. Like I said cant find a link anywhere so probably nothing in it.

Does make me laugh that they also aledge ( probably right ) they are signing Snodgrass. Makes me laugh as they are all raving over this yet they already have Delph who is better than Snodgrass but they booed him because they thought he was c**p.[/quote]

Never got why people raved about Delph. He just seemed like a young kid who could tackle hard. Snodgrass on the other hand is two footed and has quality. Even if he is a little slow.