Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Marvelous!

FREE AGENTS

Just browsing the net and spotted that SkySports have posted a team made up of free agents and i have to say there are names on there that would both do a good job for us and would be a realistic target!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7803391/Free-agent-select-XI

Sorry it''s not a link

If Jaaskeliainen doesn''t demand a high wage, and is happy to sit on the bench. I think he''d be a good signing, send either Steer or Rudd out on loan to a League One side for the season (so they get to play, back up wouldn''t really help, so Championship probably unrealistic until they prove themselves a bit more). He can help even Ruddy, and definatly the other young keeper who isn''t out on loan.

Cuellar could be worth a shot, Villa seemed to like him. But I personally am not sure if i''d want to sign him. I would also say Shorey, but he;s over 30 isn''t he? I''m happy with Tierney and Drury, wait until next summer for a new LB.

Andrews looked good for Ireland yesterday, either him or Guthrie would be nice.

Before this season, I would have said yes to Rodallega, but whenever I have seen him play (although to be fair, most of that is highlights, not seen too many full Wigan games) he just doesn''t seem to know where the goal is. With Moses, Di Santo and Rodallega upfront, Wigan had three great tricky fast players, but they need about 10 shots each to get a shot on target, let alone a goal (the latter two at least, I remember Di Santo scoring two in a game once, both were tame shots that took big deflections taking the ball away from the GK).

So Andrews or Guthrie, maybe Jaaskelainen (wage dependant) and maybe Cuellar.

I''d take Owen Hargreaves as he''s played so little football recently he''d probably take a massive wage cut to still be able to play regularly in the Premier League, once class always class.

As for the rest, couldn''t afford the wages.

I think almost half of hughton''s signings as manager have been free agents, i expect we may see one or two sign!

I mentioned in another thread Tranquillo Barnetta is a free agent now, would be an amazing signing if we could pull it off