Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Shay Given

How do you like the sound of a million pounds a week with me at Villa young Ruddy

Usually Given (and the Irish defence in general) are very organized and competent unit, either they''re having a big off day, or Croatia are better than I thought (although they were third best in their group, IMO.) 

I''m with you Gareth, Given is a top keeper. But if Lambert has any money left after taking Holt, Ayela, Fox, Tierny, Pilkington, Wes. He might try and snap up Ruddy as backup.

But I think I noticed a not for sale sign up when I drove past Carrow Rd earlier so not overly concerned.

I would have saved all of them, would probably have got a hatrick too if I was played out of position. Prefer my day job!

[quote user="xymox"]I''m with you Gareth, Given is a top keeper. But if Lambert has any money left after taking Holt, Ayela, Fox, Tierny, Pilkington, Wes. He might try and snap up Ruddy as backup.

But I think I noticed a not for sale sign up when I drove past Carrow Rd earlier so not overly concerned.[/quote]
Don''t be silly. He''ll spend the left over money on Howson and the two Bennetts. Ruddy is going to have to wait until the season after I reckon.

[quote user="xymox"]I''m with you Gareth, Given is a top keeper. But if Lambert has any money left after taking Holt, Ayela, Fox, Tierny, Pilkington, Wes. He might try and snap up Ruddy as backup.

But I think I noticed a not for sale sign up when I drove past Carrow Rd earlier so not overly concerned.[/quote]

Ruddy wouldnt leave Norwich to sit on the bench. He is playing regularly in the Premiership which can only be good news for his England hopes as well.

I don''t think Kenny will be in goal for QPR next season. Short odds on Foster or possibly Given because of Hughe/Man City connection.

And, of course, there''s always Robert Green - a short move from from West Ham to QPR. Let''s hope a free transfer is more attractive than £3m+ for Given.

McNasty will hold a tight ship with all this transfer stuff going on.   Not for sale has to mean not for sale.   The transfer merry go round must not make a mockery of what we are trying to achieve.   Even Holt will have to toe the line I suspect.    Give in to one player - you may have to give in to others.  Draw up the gang plank, only let people in, not out.

Injuries at the wrong time havent helped Given... he should have saved the first and probably saved the 3rd last night....They took a risk but he still looks a bit away from being ready... its a hell of a gamble to drop him and a hell of a gamble to keep him in the side with the big 2 coming up.

I think Fraser Forster is probably in Lambert''s plans and was thinking that before seeing Given''s performance yesterday as Forster is bigger and better IMO. If we did sell Ruddy I hope we go for him ourselves. How Forster is not in the England squad, heaven only knows.

[quote user="paul moy"]I think Fraser Forster is probably in Lambert''s plans and was thinking that before seeing Given''s performance yesterday as Forster is bigger and better IMO. If we did sell Ruddy I hope we go for him ourselves. How Forster is not in the England squad, heaven only knows.[/quote]
Probably because his previous experience is a fantastic league 1 campaign and two good seasons at Celtic? 
Then again Butland has like, half a season at league 2 level, so maybe if Forster was like 20 or something he would''ve gone?
Also to say Forster is better than Given on one performance on Given''s part is very harsh. Given is widely recognized as one of the best goalkeepers of the Premier League era, Forster has a long way to go to match that. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]I think Fraser Forster is probably in Lambert''s plans and was thinking that before seeing Given''s performance yesterday as Forster is bigger and better IMO. If we did sell Ruddy I hope we go for him ourselves. How Forster is not in the England squad, heaven only knows.[/quote]

Probably because his previous experience is a fantastic league 1 campaign and two good seasons at Celtic? 

Then again Butland has like, half a season at league 2 level, so maybe if Forster was like 20 or something he would''ve gone?

Also to say Forster is better than Given on one performance on Given''s part is very harsh. Given is widely recognized as one of the best goalkeepers of the Premier League era, Forster has a long way to go to match that. 

[/quote]

Given''s always been a great keeper but Forster has youth and much better physical attributes on his side. In no way is Forster lacking experience and IMO he is better than Green who always looks nervous. I just hope that Hart does not get banned or injured.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]I think Fraser Forster is probably in Lambert''s plans and was thinking that before seeing Given''s performance yesterday as Forster is bigger and better IMO. If we did sell Ruddy I hope we go for him ourselves. How Forster is not in the England squad, heaven only knows.[/quote]

[/quote]

Given''s always been a great keeper but Forster has youth and much better physical attributes on his side. In no way is Forster lacking experience and IMO he is better than Green who always looks nervous. I just hope that Hart does not get banned or injured.

[/quote]
Forster does have great potential, at 24 he has a good ten years (if not longer) left of his career. I think his loans at Celtic may have damaged not only his ability, but his reputation. Whether Lambert goes in for him or not is interesting, he may try he may not. However, Ruddy still remains my first choice keeper for Norwich, when you see how far he''s progressed in two years, it really does make you wonder just when he''ll stop developing. I think Ruddy is a nailed on England no. 2 and Norwich have a very good keeper for the foreseeable future. 

[quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Gareth"][quote user="paul moy"]I think Fraser Forster is probably in Lambert''s plans and was thinking that before seeing Given''s performance yesterday as Forster is bigger and better IMO. If we did sell Ruddy I hope we go for him ourselves. How Forster is not in the England squad, heaven only knows.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Forster does have great potential, at 24 he has a good ten years (if not longer) left of his career. I think his loans at Celtic may have damaged not only his ability, but his reputation. Whether Lambert goes in for him or not is interesting, he may try he may not. However, Ruddy still remains my first choice keeper for Norwich, when you see how far he''s progressed in two years, it really does make you wonder just when he''ll stop developing. I think Ruddy is a nailed on England no. 2 and Norwich have a very good keeper for the foreseeable future. 

[/quote]

I''m just saying that if we had to sell Ruddy, then I''d be more than happy to have Forster as a replacement.