Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Any chance of an Aston Villa sub-forum?

Then those on here who want to discuss a struggling Midlands club can do so, while the rest of us can concentrate on NCFC. [:@]Please?

God forbid anyone dares mention the club our very successful manager of the past three years has just joined, who are rumoured to be after our best striker...

(and thats two threads today about not talking about Villa, worse than people talking about Villa in my opinion...)

[quote user="El Asesino"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Then those on here who want to discuss a struggling Midlands club can do so, while the rest of us can concentrate on NCFC. [:@]Please?[/quote]

I agree.

[/quote]This is ''Other Football'' section.  And I wish all the new Villa enthusiasts would piss off and post their wankathons in there.

[quote user="The Pink un Role Model"]*There is* ^^^^^^[/quote]How about people use it then!

Earlier today i counted thirteen threads yes thirteen on the front page that had the word VILLA in the title.

Absolutely mind blowing that so many posters just want to hang on to anything about Aston b loody Villa. I think if Lambert farted getting out of his car in the AV car park some idiot would start a thread on here about it.

[:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Earlier today i counted thirteen threads yes thirteen on the front page that had the word VILLA in the title.

Absolutely mind blowing that so many posters just want to hang on to anything about Aston b loody Villa. I think if Lambert farted getting out of his car in the AV car park some idiot would start a thread on here about it.

[:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(][:@][:''(]

[/quote]Ah, but was his car at a jaunty angle...... [:''(]

Have to say that I don''t come on here often now but each time in the past week I have been greeted by bloody Aston vile threads! I''m sorry but I thought this was a ncfc board and not Aston vile.

Jesus wept people give it a rest.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Have to say that I don''t come on here often now but each time in the past week I have been greeted by bloody Aston vile threads! I''m sorry but I thought this was a ncfc board and not Aston vile.

Jesus wept people give it a rest.[/quote]

So you popped in for some vilification![:)]

According to a certain Mr Lambert, "Everybody knows it''s an incredible football club with the history and traditional its got, and its got a fan base that''s huge" - therefore we should actively encourage more threads about it - seriously though I find all this anti-Villa sentiment very childish.

Although I would love it if those thieving little f**kers got relegated next season! They are the epitome of a boring mediocre football team and their colours make me want to be sick!

I''m not bitter, I''m just not interested. [:|]I *am* interested in Norwich City, hence hoping that those who want to discuss Aston Villa do it somewhere different to this Norwich City messageboard.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not bitter, I''m just not interested. [:|]I *am* interested in Norwich City, hence hoping that those who want to discuss Aston Villa do it somewhere different to this Norwich City messageboard.[/quote]

Like it or not the fortunes of Aston Villa and Norwich City are going to be very intertwined in the next season or so. There is an ongoing debate about compensation which could potentially effect Chris Hughton''s transfer budget. It is likely that Villa and Norwich will be in the market for some of the same players. Particularly those who have excelled in the Championship. It also very possible that Lambert will come back here and attempt to raid us for a couple of players. We also still don''t know where the backroom team will end up. This stuff isn''t going to go away no matter how bored of it you are.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not bitter, I''m just not interested. [:|]I *am* interested in Norwich City, hence hoping that those who want to discuss Aston Villa do it somewhere different to this Norwich City messageboard.[/quote]

Like it or not the fortunes of Aston Villa and Norwich City are going to be very intertwined in the next season or so. There is an ongoing debate about compensation which could potentially effect Chris Hughton''s transfer budget. It is likely that Villa and Norwich will be in the market for some of the same players. Particularly those who have excelled in the Championship. It also very possible that Lambert will come back here and attempt to raid us for a couple of players. We also still don''t know where the backroom team will end up. This stuff isn''t going to go away no matter how bored of it you are.

[/quote]I''ll give you the point about compensation but apart from that you could insert any Prem team name/manager in what you''ve written above. Fine if people want to talk about it, but at minimum it should be in the Other Football forum.

But the possibility of all those things happening is heightened when you have a manager who knows all of those players so well. He also has a lot of previous for going back to old clubs and signing players. He remembered Russell Martin from his Wycombe days. He has also picked up Fox and Tierney from Colchester. I do agree that there shouldn''t be any more threads though that attack Lambert on a personal level. It happened, it wasn''t very professional and we have a new manager. We move on and get over it.

So why isn''t there a similar number of threads about Birmingham? I''ll grant you that we probably do have more interest in Villa than, say, Everton, but it risks becoming an obsession for some people on here. Which sadly only encourages the Villa trolls. Mind you, I''m now guilty of it myself. Think I''ll shut up now....

There have been a few to be fair. Threads have been made about the possibility of signing Davies and Redmond etc. The fact that the £2 million Birmingham have received will make us them more financially stable. However by virtue of Birmingham and Norwich being in seperate divisions and financially having very different outlook realistically our paths will not cross much for this season at least (the wheel can turn quickly, they were 2 divisions better off three years ago). As I said earlier we are going to be seeing a lot of Villa one way or another this season hence the greater interest in them. As supporters it will stir up strong emotions because it potentially threatens to derail some of the marvellous work that has gone on in the last 3 years. But I think in Chris Hughton we have got the man to keep us on a steady course.