Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Lambert's potential transfers begin to reveal themselves.....

Has anyone read the report that Lambert (when with us) enquired after Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita. It now appears Newcastle and Villa are going to be locked in a two-way battle for him. I guess from this we can now see who we may miss out on transfer-wise. I for one think he is a good player and would have added a lot to our team.

Don''t think you can look at it as missing out if our new manager doesn''t want to go for these players. I also wouldn''t be surprised if Lambert gave a list of players he wanted to get to McNally before the close of season, so we will surely know roughly some of the players he will be after and can always show this to Hughton, too.

I reckon they will have had discussions about which players they wanted. We basically knew we were staying up from a relatively early stage so discussions must have gone on between Lambert and board. But Hughton must do it his way and call it as he sees it. That is what has achieved success up until now. I dont want him to copy Lambert as that wont work.

Agree with Jacko

Lets not get too carried away with who Lambert may or may not be signing. Let''s not start threads about any of Villa''s new players, possibly would have been signing for us, and how they would have got on here.

Hughton is his own man, and could quite possibly have one or two surprises for us, as we all know that he is well connected etc. We may well play a different formation next season to the ''Lambert way'', so by definition, that may require a certain type of player that wouldn''t necessarily fit in at Villa for example.

Villa may come back for one or two of our current squad (that''s life), but if they do, then

a. That will be on our terms

b. the players may not actually want to follow Lambert

In Hughton we trust!!

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Lambert said that Culverhouse tells him which players to sign. I hope that Culverhouse gives his list of transfer targets to Hughton.[/quote]As long as it''s not just as he b*ggers off to Villa in which case he''ll change it for a load of old dross...............

Another reason I would not class it as players we are ''missing out on'' is that apparently Villa are a bigger club, with more money both for transfers and wages, and more pulling power. Just because Lambert is going for them now doesn''t mean he would have been going to whilst here.

More importantly, who cares? Hughton will get in who he wants, to do a job in the style that he wants to set up the team. Now that Lambert has gone I couldn''t really care less about who he signs at Villa any more than I would do any other team - ie; how it will impact their side for when we play them next season.

I wouldn''t be surprised if they''d had preliminary discussions with their agents about wages, and found it was too much for Norwich

Newcastle have had a £7m bid for him accepted so Villa are prob out the running aswell

McNally has already stated that they have Paul Lamberts list of transfer targets which will be made available to Hughton but no doubt Hughton als has his own targets.  Was it Hughton who signed Ba for Newcastle on the cheap?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Agree with Jacko

Lets not get too carried away with who Lambert may or may not be signing. Let''s not start threads about any of Villa''s new players, possibly would have been signing for us, and how they would have got on here.

Hughton is his own man, and could quite possibly have one or two surprises for us, as we all know that he is well connected etc. We may well play a different formation next season to the ''Lambert way'', so by definition, that may require a certain type of player that wouldn''t necessarily fit in at Villa for example.

Villa may come back for one or two of our current squad (that''s life), but if they do, then

a. That will be on our terms

b. the players may not actually want to follow Lambert

In Hughton we trust!!

[/quote]

You know that this isn''t going to happen!

Every signing and every Villa result - friendly and competitive for at least the next season will be given a thread of its own.

I propose a separate Lambert / Villa forum for people wishing to analyse these things.

I''m over Lambert now it''s time to look forward and think about who we do still have and where we are going.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Every signing and every Villa result - friendly and competitive for at least the next season will be given a thread of its own.

I propose a separate Lambert / Villa forum for people wishing to analyse these things.

[/quote]

An excellent idea! It''s already boring reading pages of speculation about the manager of another club, and hopefully the trolls from Villa who have posted here would post there too.

I also agree with our Celt from Kent. I''m looking forward to seeing who Hughton brings in. He has a history of getting the best out of difficult characters (Barton, Carroll), so, although I wouldn''t want disruptive characters in the dressing room, I''m willing to ease up on the ''would I want them living next door?'' assessments. To me this is much more exciting than bothering ourselves with what our ex manager is planning for a club in the West Midlands.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]McNally has already stated that they have Paul Lamberts list of transfer targets which will be made available to Hughton but no doubt Hughton als has his own targets.  Was it Hughton who signed Ba for Newcastle on the cheap?[/quote]No, Hughton signed Bem Arfa and Tiote.