Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Don't expect any transfers soon ?

From todays interview with Chris Hughton :“On any decisions or areas I feel I need to strengthen I will have my

own thoughts, but it’s also about learning about the squad and sometimes

you can be surprised. It’s a different voice that’s coming in, a

different look. But I know what they have achieved over the last few

seasons and I know the strengths they have and it will be my job over a

period of time, to assess what I’ve got, where we can strengthen the

squad and that means the ability to bring in players in the right areas,

but that’s something that has to be done over a period of time.”Understandably it pays to know what you have before you know who to bring in - should we expect transfers in later rather than sooner, do you think ?

Can''t imagine there will be any major activity until the players are back in for pre-season training - which is similar to most other Premier League clubs.

Although I''m sure Hughton will have several players in mind already, without even knowing the Norwich squad to well.

I expect we wont see much action till pre-season starts, i expect Hughton will want to have a look at all the players himself. I read earlier that he will be looking through all the games this season, as he should be, while on holiday to get a better understanding of what we have in the squad.Having culverhouse still on board means he has someone who has been around the players for the past 3 years, he is going to know better than anyone else at the club at the moment where our strengths and weaknesses lie, i hope Hughton is prepared to take some advice from Cully. I expect prices will go up as the transfer window draws on as well, so would like to see some early signings if possible, but I don''t expect we will.I''m really excited about the prospect of hughton strengthening up the defence, i would say that this was Lambert''s biggest weakness, we need a settled back 4 with Ward no-where near the pitch.

In suspect City will have to pay out far larger sums in an effort to fill the massive gaps left behind by PL and GH than if they''d coughed up the money required to keep them at the club.''Little old Norwich'' is alive and well unfortunately.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]In suspect City will have to pay out far larger sums in an effort to fill the massive gaps left behind by PL and GH than if they''d coughed up the money required to keep them at the club.''Little old Norwich'' is alive and well unfortunately.

[/quote]

Well over 4000 posts. That some very impressive trolling you binner.

"Today''s interview" ????

All of the NCFC stuff up today* on the pinkun main site are surely just rehashed stories from last week?

* - Apart from Lakey''s bit.

With the Euros going on, it''s all rehashed news. There just isn''t any new news to talk about, but the papers must print something..

[quote user="AJ"]With the Euros going on, it''s all rehashed news. There just isn''t any new news to talk about, but the papers must print something..[/quote]

Bit like us lot on here, really.[;)]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]In suspect City will have to pay out far larger sums in an effort to fill the massive gaps left behind by PL and GH than if they''d coughed up the money required to keep them at the club.''Little old Norwich'' is alive and well unfortunately.

[/quote]Cluck you seem like a fairly intelligent man, which makes me pretty certain you are just a long term wind up merchant, i honestly don''t believe you believe half the shite your right on this board, i don''t believe you think things are as simple as your above statement would make it appear

Okay, I won''t expect any transfers soon, but I''m certain I won''t be the only person pleased with waiting if any signings turn out to be as good as Hughton''s couple of excellent acquisitions whilst at Newcastle - those being Ben Arfa & arguably one of the finest DMC''s in the Premier, Cheick Tioté -- the latter cost just 3.5 million in 2010. 

[quote user="Shyster"]Okay, I won''t expect any transfers soon, but I''m certain I won''t be the only person pleased with waiting if any signings turn out to be as good as Hughton''s couple of excellent acquisitions whilst at Newcastle - those being Ben Arfa & arguably one of the finest DMC''s in the Premier, Cheick Tioté -- the latter cost just 3.5 million in 2010.

[/quote]

Both of whom weren''t signed by Hughton but idenitfied by Graham Carr and sanctioned by Mike Ashley. Hughton had no say in the Newcastle transfer policy whilst manager there.

"expect transfer action from abroad" is coming out of carrow road. looks like a surprise or two will be on the way to us. and it probably doesn''t mean pacheco unfortunately.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[/quote]

Well over 4000 posts. That some very impressive trolling you binner.

[/quote]And over 2500 posts following him around.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Shyster"]Okay, I won''t expect any transfers soon, but I''m certain I won''t be the only person pleased with waiting if any signings turn out to be as good as Hughton''s couple of excellent acquisitions whilst at Newcastle - those being Ben Arfa & arguably one of the finest DMC''s in the Premier, Cheick Tioté -- the latter cost just 3.5 million in 2010. [/quote]

Both of whom weren''t signed by Hughton but idenitfied by Graham Carr and sanctioned by Mike Ashley. Hughton had no say in the Newcastle transfer policy whilst manager there.

[/quote]

Well, here''s hoping some of Carr''s expertise in having an eye for a player has rubbed off on Hughton [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

quote user=priceyrice

I expect we wont see much action till pre-season starts, i expect Hughton will want to have a look at all the players himself. I read earlier that he will be looking through all the games this season, as he should be, while on holiday to get a better understanding of what we have in the squad.Having culverhouse still on board means he has someone who has been around the players for the past 3 years, he is going to know better than anyone else at the club at the moment where our strengths and weaknesses lie, i hope Hughton is prepared to take some advice from Cully. I expect prices will go up as the transfer window draws on as well, so would like to see some early signings if possible, but I don''t expect we will.I''m really excited about the prospect of hughton strengthening up the defence, i would say that this was Lambert''s biggest weakness, we need a settled back 4 with Ward no-where near the pitch. quote

As Chris Hughton says maybe a different voice will get something different results from individuals like Wardy..

Hughton will have to watch 57+ hrs of Norwich City if he''s watching every prem game wow thatll be tough

[quote user="Renskay"]Ben Arfas parents are Tunisian so he''s not that French[/quote]

Ben Arfas was born and raised in France, that makes him French to all but racists

[quote user="Renskay"]Hughton will have to watch 57+ hrs of Norwich City if he''s watching every prem game wow thatll be tough[/quote]

If I were the board I would quietly tap Hughton on the shoulder and say. Chris if I were you dont bother with: West Brom (h), Stoke (a), Blackburn (a) and Sunderland (a) from last season. Thats about 6 hours of your life you will never get back otherwise.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Renskay"]Hughton will have to watch 57+ hrs of Norwich City if he''s watching every prem game wow thatll be tough[/quote]

If I were the board I would quietly tap Hughton on the shoulder and say. Chris if I were you dont bother with: West Brom (h), Stoke (a), Blackburn (a) and Sunderland (a) from last season. Thats about 6 hours of your life you will never get back otherwise.

[/quote]

Isn''t that counter productive? If he just watches the good games (Spurs away, Newcastle and Sunderland at home, Wolves home, Arsenal away) then he will probably wonder why we only finished 12th! He needs to watch the games where we were pretty rubbish to see where we can improve upon.

I was up north norfolk over the weekend so could not post, but there was a link on one of the European web sites linking us to Vaclav Kadlec.

I belive it was Yahoo but I cannot find the link.

I wonder if our scouts have already had a few reports to troll through from players agents?

It''s not like we are going to have scouts watching any of these players for a few weeks until pre season starts.

Also on the European front, I have a fellow Canary mate in Germany and there are rumours of Norwich being VERY interested in Stefan Kiessling from Bayer Leverkusen...fits in with the European outlook....although possibly a replacement for holt....:(