Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Green and Yellow

getting back to Norwich.   Scott Parker''s hair?   Lambert stamping on Villa?     Too much non City stuff.  

Its just that I was thinking of painting my fishing boat with a green hull and a yellow cabin.   Do you think that will be over the top?  Will I risk being sunk when I pull in to Felixstowe or Harwich, being so close to binland?      Also I might rename her with a Norwich related name.  Could you help me think of one?   Cheers, me hearties!

Hey, my Scott Parker thread was directed as OT and dont diss the hair. Its like a Spitfire pilot traveled to 2012 and played for England

How about "King McNally" for your boat?

As for Parkers hair, its a bit Roy of the Rovers too, and then you have Bale with his Astro Boy look. Maybe Spurs players are trying to look like their comic book heroes?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Hey, my Scott Parker thread was directed as OT and dont diss the hair. Its like a Spitfire pilot traveled to 2012 and played for England[/quote]LOL, I have always thought  he looked like a "Gentleman" straight out of the 20''s. The way he stands, moves, runs and wears his clothes. Even my wife, who does not watch football at all, saw him and commented that he looks out of place and looks like he came forward in time!! I hope you don''t mind but I am going to adopt Spitfire Pilot for his new new nickname.

Very unlucky to rename a boat Captain. I''d have thought an old salt like yourself would be shivering your timbers at the very thought.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Very unlucky to rename a boat Captain. I''d have thought an old salt like yourself would be shivering your timbers at the very thought.[/quote]

My timbers have been shivered too many times for it to matter now.  No, she needs a name.    

I had thought of the ''Clucking Nora'' on account that she''s a bit wet inside and smells a bit fishy.

Then there was "The Naughty Nutty" or  the "Princess Chops"  but I''m not sure.....................

"Huckerby''s Boats"  might work...................

Captain Haddock,

Going off topic, I was interested in the origin and meaning of your strapline (''Seribu ...''). I tried teaching myself some Indonesian some years ago, and this seems to mean something like ''A billion hurricanes and bedbugs''. Is that right?

Let''s be ''aving you! wrote:  "Captain Haddock,   Going off topic, I was interested in the origin and meaning of your strapline (''Seribu ...''). I tried teaching myself some Indonesian some years ago, and this seems to mean something like ''A billion hurricanes and bedbugs''. Is that right?"

My dear ol''  lesbeavenue, you''re almost right!    I''ve always understood it to mean  ''A thousand million typhoon storms and rotten lice''.  Almost the same really.................

Let''s be ''aving you! wrote: Cheers, Cap''n! Hopefully not too many of those pesky lice below decks!

Aye,  pesky parasites,  almost as bad as some of the odd-toed ungulates that appear on this messageboard............

Anacoluthons to the lot of them!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv2smjuApJ1r2xls3o1_400.png[/IMG]

[/quote]

Love it, that is so damn epic ! made me proper spit my tea out at work laugh !

Nice pictures landlubbers, but I can''t name a boat ''Biggles''.   I''d be thrown out of the Merchant Seamen''s Comrade and Hyeratical Society.     He''s a pilot.    Nelson,  Captain Hornblower maybe..........

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Surely...

The Tangible Unfixed Asset

[:D]

[/quote]

It surely would sink 12 million fathoms under the sea ?[:D]

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]OTBC " On The Boat Captain "[/quote]

It''s got a certain ring about it for the fishing fraternity -On the boat Captain,Never mind the danger,Steady on, now''s your chance,Hurrah you''ve caught a shoal..........