Sign in to follow this  
Officer Tillys small Willies (Nigel,lappy)

Lambert puts his stamp on Villa

[quote user="Loopzilla"]

It will interesting to see how he develops as a City supporter, one half of me hopes he fails, the other half loves him for the job he done here and wishes him well. It''s probably too soon yet to be completely objective about it.[/quote]

I understand your dilemma I had similar when James Milner left for Man City.

Lambert did a remarkable job for you and that should be remembered, perhaps it will be more in time when the anger of the manner of his exit fades.

I think it will help that in his place you''ve appointed another good manager who we''ve seen a fair bit of over the last 12 months.

[quote user="VisitingVillan"][quote user="Loopzilla"]

It will interesting to see how he develops as a City supporter, one half of me hopes he fails, the other half loves him for the job he done here and wishes him well. It''s probably too soon yet to be completely objective about it.[/quote]

I understand your dilemma I had similar when James Milner left for Man City.

Lambert did a remarkable job for you and that should be remembered, perhaps it will be more in time when the anger of the manner of his exit fades.

I think it will help that in his place you''ve appointed another good manager who we''ve seen a fair bit of over the last 12 months.[/quote]

Yes, Hughtons appointment has really helped, I''ve got complete faith in him to do a good job for us.

With that I''ll bid you goodnight. Stop by again, it''s always good to get other teams fans perspective on things.

You never know, I might even be able to wish you good luck for next season at some point. Just not now! G''night :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]B*****ks to Lambert and Villa![/quote]

Ha ha and hear hear !

Hi Villan

I am sure PL with do a good job for you, Ive always had soft spot for Villa but I do find the whole trying to get Lambert on the cheap a little distasteful.

I am sure this deal was nodded and winked several weeks before the end of the season and feel that Paul Faulkner should act like the gentleman his Norwich School educational would had given him !

If you paid a mill you are getting a bargain, absolute bargain. none of us know the full ins and out of the contract but that will all come out at a tribunal as and when. If Im honest we got PL in similar circumstances and paid heavily for it .I would just pay up so you dont have a suspended sentence hanging over you when you need to Tap up your next manager in 2-3 years time.

I dont know if size the fine and compo was relative to the League we were in but whatever way you look at it PL stock has risen greatly since then and could end up costing Villa far more.

We still hold a trump card(s) that quite frankly Villa need. PL has a hell of a lot work on his hands.

I would be happy for villa to survive another year in the PL (well they cant afford to go down can they?) as long as we finish above you.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Thanks step, I think. A few little digs in there but I will take those on the chin.

We''ve been in the Premier League for 20 years, I think we will be in there for a while longer than another season fella. It was only the horrible football and management of McLeish that put us down there last season, we won''t be down there again this season.

I''m trying to avoid getting drawn into the whole Lambert/compensation thing because it will likely only end up in bickering or people thinking I''m here to cause grief. I''m not.

There are a few points you''ve raised though that I will respond to if I can, the first that our actions are distasteful.

We made an official approach and while in football you can never be sure of what is happening behind the scenes there is nothing to suggest we did anything wrong in terms of our approach. From what I''ve seen of McNally he wouldn''t be shy in shouting about an illegal approach if he believed one had been made.

That aside I agree with you we would be getting a bargain at £1m but people aren''t in the habit of giving that sort of money away. (well our chairman has been in the habit but that is another story)

There is clearly a difference of opinion on if compensation is due, as you say it will be settled one way or another at tribunal until then none of us know the facts of what has gone on and each side is always going to be inclined to believe their own.

You say we should pay up to avoid a suspended sentence but once again you are assuming we''ve made an illegal approach but as I previously said there is no suggestion that has happened.

The issue is all seemingly about Lambert''s contract and his exit not the manner of our approach. The circumstances in relation to your recruitment of Lambert from Colchester were slightly different.

You haven''t reported us in the same way Colchester reported you for instance.

In relation to the trump card(s) you mention, I assume you mean Lambert''s backroom staff. There does appear to be a bit of a stalemate there we will have to see how that works out but I can''t imagine you want them on the payroll or that Hughton wants them in his camp.

On all matters it is a case of wait and see I guess but this notion of an illegal approach seems a little wide of the mark to me.

Just a ploy to get the fans on side, you have to admire PL for his psychology

A lot has been made of this and I''m sure the Vila fans will jump on side but moving the dugout 10 feet will make very little difference to their relegation season.

Other than PL will hear the Villa fans singing - "you don''t know what you''re doing!" a nano decibel louder than he would have

[quote user="VisitingVillan"]Thanks step, I think. A few little digs in there but I will take those on the chin. We''ve been in the Premier League for 20 years, I think we will be in there for a while longer than another season fella. It was only the horrible football and management of McLeish that put us down there last season, we won''t be down there again this season. I''m trying to avoid getting drawn into the whole Lambert/compensation thing because it will likely only end up in bickering or people thinking I''m here to cause grief. I''m not. There are a few points you''ve raised though that I will respond to if I can, the first that our actions are distasteful. We made an official approach and while in football you can never be sure of what is happening behind the scenes there is nothing to suggest we did anything wrong in terms of our approach. From what I''ve seen of McNally he wouldn''t be shy in shouting about an illegal approach if he believed one had been made. That aside I agree with you we would be getting a bargain at £1m but people aren''t in the habit of giving that sort of money away. (well our chairman has been in the habit but that is another story)

There is clearly a difference of opinion on if compensation is due, as you say it will be settled one way or another at tribunal until then none of us know the facts of what has gone on

and each side is always going to be inclined to believe their own. You say we should pay up to avoid a suspended sentence but once again you are assuming we''ve made an illegal approach but as I previously said there is no suggestion that has happened. The issue is all seemingly about Lambert''s contract and his exit not the manner of our approach. The circumstances in relation to your recruitment of Lambert from Colchester were slightly different. You haven''t reported us in the same way Colchester reported you for instance. In relation to the trump card(s) you mention, I assume you mean Lambert''s backroom staff. There does appear to be a bit of a stalemate there we will have to see how that works out but I can''t imagine you want them on the payroll or that Hughton wants them in his camp. On all matters it is a case of wait and see I guess but this notion of an illegal approach seems a little wide of the mark to me.[/quote]

Even the decision of the tribunal may not make everything clear. It was only when the full 70-odd page report of the tribunal into the Faurlin Affair was published did it become plain what had gone on behind the scenes at QPR and in Argentina, and what was - or purported to be - the basis for the findings. That may be the case with Lambertgate.

" I can''t imagine you want them on the payroll"

I would love them on the Payroll Villan, Cully is a good coach and most City supporters have a good deal of respect for him , both as a player and a coach, nice bloke too.

But also, I feel most supporters would love him to stay as it will mess PL''s plans up.